Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The incredible, edible...

And now: exploding egg

"Scientists had an explosive mystery on their hands. A man suing a restaurant claimed an egg he bit into detonated loudly enough to damage his hearing. Was this a legit complaint, or an attempt to capitalize in a litigation-happy culture?"

Show ContentSpoiler:

The comments cracked (geddid!) me up, too, esp. since I, too, it could only happen if the egg still had its shell... well, 'pparently not!

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

(12-01-2018, 04:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote: Argh! Now I remember why I was applying the mind bleach.  Sadcryface

It's all good. After all, it's not like any of us don't have one ourselves.

At least I hope not.

My older brother used to like to compare opinions to arseholes since in each case everyone had one.

Butt in all seriousness those look good enough to eat, even better than the real thing.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

(12-08-2018, 07:57 PM)Vera Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 03:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: I beleive gerbils are much larger. Don’t know who would even bother with a hampster Deadpan Coffee Drinker

A tight-arse?  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Scrooge.

Oh wait! This isn't the word association thread! Facepalm
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

(12-02-2018, 03:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: Don’t know who would even bother with a hampster Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Is a "hampster" when you go camping and you take your hamster with you? Bounce
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Smercury44, Vera

(12-02-2018, 03:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: I beleive gerbils are much larger. Don’t know who would even bother with a hampster Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Someone interested in a, uh, back-alley scrum?
On hiatus.

(12-08-2018, 08:09 PM)Mark Wrote: even better than the real thing.

Why I never!

[Image: Pearl-Clutching.jpg]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Mark