Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Screening something like 6 successive phone calls that are nothing but repetitive beeping.
Is this sig thing on?

There's a YouTube channel which, on occasion, can be funny, called The Try Guys. One of the four (Ned), who legitimately portray themselves as BFFs, was caught cheating on his wife and fired. I'm just watching social media threads about that situation.

Plus stuff about the pending MN Twins baseball team rebrand.

Both seemingly out of nowhere.
Is this sig thing on?

Watching Married at first sight UK... My wife and daughter like it so I'm going with the flow.

It's really shit btw.
The following 1 user Likes Thingymebob's post:
  • Fireball

Watching football, drinking beer, and reading about sex. I want to get my new motherboard validated, but I think I'm taking the night off. If I'm sober later, maybe.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Making coffee. I have been dogged by a headache the past 24 hours, and neither Tylenol nor Alka Seltzer helped, so I gulped down a handful of ibuprofen and some caffeine pills an hour ago. I know from the past that a brisk walk can help with headaches, so I bundled up and threw on my headphones and headed out (Alexa warned me that it was 38 F, and I only had a pair of shorts handy, but I was able to snake my hand around the shelving unit blocking access to my closet and grab a pair of sweats to throw on over them). I'm not 100% just yet, more like 98%, but perhaps with enough coffee, I'll get there soon.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Confirming my worst fears. When my computer died this weekend, my $500 graphics card bit the dust. It's under warranty, but there's always the possibility that the manufacturer will not consider it covered for whatever reason.

Vivekananda

Great. The manufacturer's website is offline. Fuckall.

Vivekananda

Watching Florida sink on The Weather Channel.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Gwaithmir

I launched my brand new atheist poetry blog here at https://brianjamesrationalpoet.blog 

Also been waiting for a mom and pop book store to get my copy of Sylvia Plath's "Bell Jar", and a copy of a book of Anne Sexton's poems.

My favorite Plath poem of all time is "Cut". If you have not read it, look it up or you can listen to it on Youtube. Plath reads her poems really well.
 Check out my atheist poetry here... https://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31771 I also go by "RationalPoet"@brianrrs37 on Twitter and "Brian James" Rational Poet on FB. 
The following 1 user Likes Brian37's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

It's smoothie time! Not one but two bananas today!

Vivekananda

Mulling over whether to throw caution to the wind and order two more of these server motherboards before convincing myself that I know enough to make these work.

Vivekananda

Taking meds and waking up with morning coffee. I have some paperwork on my desk I have to take care of later this morning.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Watching a squirrel getting in and out of a bin, it's just got out with the remnants of a big Mac.

My graphics card went to the great beyond this weekend. So I wanted to RMA it. But the manufacturer's website was offline yesterday. But not today!

Vivekananda

Finishing the basic testing of the new hardware for my file server. I'm new to Linux, TrueNAS (the software), and server hardware. It's all strange, but also wonderful.

Vivekananda

Ordered the two additional server motherboards I need to complete my plans for world conquest file servers.

Vivekananda

Trying to think of a way to translate Goody (as in Goody Two Shoes) that can also serve as a form of address and can't think of a single fucking thing that can, as I said, be used as a form of address and not sound too stupid or unnatural.

[Image: desperate-understand.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

I'm spreading and raking out some gravel around this temporary loading dock I built at work. It had settled out over the last year, and I stepped down off the truck the other day and on to the corner of this concrete block and then did one of those slow motion running backwards falls onto the hard gravel. Luckily no permanent damage but I was sore. This was the first day off I've had and I'm fixing the problems so it's no longer an uneven grade to walk on.
test signature

Pondering a trip to Wally World. I'm trying to conserve my shekels in anticipation of some big purchases this year, but I do need a few things.

Vivekananda

Just got home from work. Had an event that required me to work extra hours, going to watch a bit of TV then have an early-ish night.
The following 1 user Likes Thingymebob's post:
  • Dānu

UGH. Schoolwork. I have put it off for far too long.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

Din-din. Braised chicken and boiled zucchini. Yummay!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Taking meds and waking up with morning coffee. I have some more paperwork on my desk I have to take care of later this morning. My houseboy will be coming over to do some cleaning and to put away the A/C's until next spring.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Guinness stout. Not a favorite, but it has to be drunk or thrown sooner or later.

Vivekananda

Just got home from the Trafford centre. M60 was rammed then roadworks on the M56... Tired now so going to bed.