Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

One of my favorite threads over at AF. Figured it was time to start one here. 

I am currently texting a client so that we can make arrangements to get her hair done tomorrow. She's doing something totally different that what she's done in the past. Believe it or not, hair dressers have to do some science-y stuff when color is involved.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 2 users Like Joods's post:
  • Losty, Bucky Ball

Parked on the side of the road listening to NPR. This road has been closed for a while for major remodeling, I came to check it out and eat some chicken and jojos from my favorite gas station. My wife is hosting her quilt group and I try and stay away to let them have a girl's day. I had a big laundry list of stuff to do and I got it all done.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Joods

Watching some pointyball in the background while I surf my normal cyberhaunts (some not so G-rated). Debating going to watch some college volleyball. I feel like I need to go out and do something. For ME.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Joods

Panic

Damn... I've been sprung.

(I was having a quiet wank.)
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Joods, Unsapien

Supposedly working (translating a book that will come out in December so it's all hush hush and don't tell anyone any details Rolleyes ) and listening to some mediaeval music... but mostly trying to not to let my mind go back to its usual insecure craziness like a dog to its vomit.

Well, it's all those things equally, I guess...

[Image: 510zTVo5ARL._AC_SY400_.jpg]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Aliza

(11-17-2018, 11:37 PM)Vera Wrote: [Image: 510zTVo5ARL._AC_SY400_.jpg]

You've really excelled yourself Vera in keeping this forthcoming book a secret!  10/10.  Tongue

PS:  I'm sorry, but I read the sub-title as "Dark Orifices"... can someone please help me?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Vera, Josiah Aberhard

(11-17-2018, 11:53 PM)SYZ Wrote: You've really excelled yourself Vera in keeping this forthcoming book a secret!  10/10.  Tongue

Hahaha! Even *I* am not *that* stupid (though in light of some of the things I've saying to my neighbour recently... hobo )

It's not a secret that the book is coming out (we kinda need people to know that Tongue ), it's any of the details in it that I'm not supposed to reveal, like, Livvie dies...

Oops!

Show ContentSpoiler:

Quote:PS:  I'm sorry, but I read the sub-title as "Dark Orifices"... can someone please help me?

"No help, Raja, your part is agony,
struggle, abjection, self-love, and self-hate."

But mostly self-love as we just found out Angel
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • SYZ

I need to take a quick nap right now.

I did earlier and now I feel like I'm jacked up on sugar or something.

Abandoned going to the VB game because of my recurring shoulder injury. Can't walk like that.

Now? Just mid-80's Mannheim Steamroller Xmas tunes.
Is this sig thing on?

I'm not doing much right now.  Just kinda sitting here thinking of things I should do but finding excuses not to do.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Joods, EvieTheAvocado

Going out to herd the feral cats. Panic
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 4 users Like Dom's post:
  • Vera, Smercury44, Joods, Unsapien

I'm having thoughts about eating some cheese and crackers or maybe having some popcorn and watching a game of competitive Age of Empires 2 on YouTube... but... I'm really not sure what I'll do next... although I doubt that I'll sit here feeling this hungry for much longer.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

(11-18-2018, 12:23 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I'm not doing much right now.  Just kinda sitting here thinking of things I should do but finding excuses not to do.

Tell me about it... although I don't even seem to need any excuses.... unless "I'm too lazy to do anything quite yet" counts.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

Is this sig thing on?

Watching this and eating popcorn:

Binge watching Criminal Minds with a cat sitting three inches from my face.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • SYZ

Got home from playing two shows, put on sweats, poured a glass of wine, started writing.  Taking a break to post and read.
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • Vera, Joods

Litening to Nutcracker music. That and Mnnheim Steamroller are about as festive as I get over the holidays.
Is this sig thing on?

Enduring some kind of chest cold. Coughing up junk. But laying in bed, which is nice.

Finally responding to Chas on my objective morality thread which I completely forgot about.

sharing Country Joe Mcdonald's Woodstock performance with the new friends.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • grympy

Watching the wheels go round and round.

Listening to The Drone Zone on soma.fm . Dead in the water as to how I want to structure the rest of my day.
Is this sig thing on?

(11-18-2018, 12:30 AM)Dom Wrote: Going out to herd the feral cats. Panic

Don't get enough of that here? Smile
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Dom

Enjoying listening to this: