Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Stuffing my face.
Cheeseburger and fries.

Foootbul!
[Image: sea-stones-whimsy-7-sm.jpg]

(09-13-2021, 05:09 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 03:29 PM)Kim Wrote: Listening to the radio's continuous coverage of 9/11 remembrance day.  

Everyone seems to feel the need to remind people of a sense of "national unity" that ensued in the few hours surrounding those events.  Important people trying to remind citizens that, unity with fellow citizens gets things done - it is why we are the United States.  I guess they want the US to grow up.  

I think they are about 40 years late.

Unity to what? A flag? Seems pretty mindless, to me. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

I can only think many were referring to mainly New Yorkers, how total strangers would hug each other in the street, the flotillas that evacuated the island, & people from several states away who drove to NYC to help in the rescue/clean up, etc.,. A lot of that did happen - there was a sense of shared tragedy. I can only think we were momentarily united in grief.

Vacuum sealing a roast. I wanted to buy two more while they were on sale, but I checked on Saturday and the sale had already ended.

Listening to dub techno and eating Ben & Jerry's.
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

waiting to hear from my brother's wife. He herniated a disc or something a few days ago and it just kept getting worse, so he left central Washington laying flat in the back of the Ford Escape to get better care in Seattle. He has been hanging out on a gurney in the hall for hours, now is off to MRI.
test signature

I just hit some random display button which tinted my screen kind of a subtle, smoggy yellow. Apparently it will revert later tonight (it's just past midnight right now, so I mean in about 15 hours).
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus

Running on 2 hours of sleep wondering wtf I am even doing with my life. Panic
The following 1 user Likes JDog554's post:
  • skyking

(09-16-2021, 07:26 AM)c172 Wrote: I just hit some random display button which tinted my screen kind of a subtle, smoggy yellow. Apparently it will revert later tonight (it's just past midnight right now, so I mean in about 15 hours).

Settings > System > Display > Color (toggle off)
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • c172