Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Morning coffee. I'm using a pour-over filter until I get a new coffee maker. It actually makes better coffee, but it's so damned inconvenient.
[Image: sea-stones-whimsy-7-sm.jpg]

Having a cup of peppermint tea before I head out to run errands.

I've decided to start a new hobby. I'm going to see how many small clothing accessories I can knit between the time I click on the button to submit my post and it actually posting.

Getting caught up in my head again. It's always such a struggle to not give into the darkness.

Maybe I'll clock in and then hide in the bathroom for half an hour.
[Image: 8a487e2d72e959c458857f1b72271166.gif]

Sipping wine through a straw.
[Image: 8a487e2d72e959c458857f1b72271166.gif]

Just woke up. Had multigrain toast with butter, and bacon. Went to bed with major chills. Did not sleep very thoroughly (chills and anxiety). slight cough but no worse than morning coughs. No more chills. Sometimes my heater doesn't do it's job. But I don't think it's that.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus

Having a beer. Full Moon Belgian White. It's quite tasty.

Chills are gone. A few sniffles. Went out for a push for a haircut, then grocery shopping.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Fireball

Morning coffee. Still doing pour-overs as I won't have the money to order my new coffee maker until Wednesday.

Reading recipes for sloppy joes and compiling a base recipe to try cooking them from scratch.

Sampling some Jameson and Johnnie Walker black. Everybody says Jameson is a great value Irish Whiskey, but my first tasting wasn't particularly impressive. So I'm giving it a second sampling. I've warmed to it, after several weeks of drinking mostly scotch, but it still wouldn't be a first choice, not for sipping, anyway. I hear good things about Powers Irish whiskey and Redbreast sounds like a no-brainer, but it will be a few months before I get to those as I've got $300 of scotch picked out at a favorite local liquor store that's having their spring sale. That's about three months of alcohol budget these days.

(ETA: The Johnnie Walker black is damn nice for the money. I've got my eye on the green, but this would be a great scotch to keep on hand.)

Having my first morning coffee after taking meds. I'll take more meds shortly with my second cup of coffee and a couple of toasted, buttered English Muffins. Also have to start editing and re-writing part of a Middle Earth short story for Phaedrus' writing challenge. Busy morning.  Writing
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Reading reviews of small freezers. I was going to get an upright, but the chest freezer model fits in the same space and has 5 cu. ft. of storage versus 3 cu. ft. for the upright. Organizing will be more difficult, and I have to get it in black to get free delivery, but it seems the right option. And the extended warranty options are less expensive.

Trying a 3-bean chili soup mix in my rice cooker. I'm making it without meat or extras other than cayenne pepper in case it doesn't work out okay. I've got quite a bit of ham left I can throw in, though I was going to cube that up for bean soup instead. I probably could have used one of my Instant Pots for a lot of these things, but the rice cooker just seems so much handier. There's a button or menu item for most of the things.

Drinking tea and watching Youtube videos.

Watching videos about whiskey. It prompted me to reach for something different and I came across a sampler bottle of Tito's Handmade vodka. It really surprised me. I confess that when it comes to vodka, my primary criteria is that it be inoffensive. I use vodka as both a sipper and a mixer. Tito's is as close to invisible as any vodka I've tasted. I had to pour a glass of Ketel One to compare, and whereas the flavors in Ketel One are easy to taste, Tito's has almost nothing for my taste buds to latch onto. As noted, that's my goal in a vodka, so I think I've got a new go-to vodka.

There's no legal definition of "handmade" apparently. I wonder what makes Tito's different (maybe just the onoffensiveness as a mixer?).
-Carl Sagan

Me? NSFW stuff. Might write a piece.
-Carl Sagan

Cooking sloppy joes in my rice cooker using the starter recipe I assembled the other day. The rice cooker can both saute and slow cook, so I don't have to dirty extra pans.

Rocket launch was scrubbed. Figure out dinner now.
-Carl Sagan

The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Fireball

(7 hours ago)c172 Wrote: Rocket launch was scrubbed. Figure out dinner now.

I worked in aerospace and defense for 27 years. The stuff that brings a tear to my eye these days is Mars landings.