Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random thoughts - Mk II

Random thoughts - Mk II
What kind of stupidity did I wake up to?

Random thoughts - Mk II
@Phaedrus

Reality. It's been a bit shit recently.
The following 1 user Likes Finite Monkeys's post:
  • Phaedrus

Random thoughts - Mk II
In a little more than eight month's time, the boyfriend and I will have been together for twenty years.

My, how the time flies.

The following 3 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Little Lunch, Dānu, c172

Random thoughts - Mk II
(01-07-2021, 01:02 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: In a little more than eight month's time, the boyfriend and I will have been together for twenty years.

My, how the time flies.

I always thought it was a strong relationship when you two had to live in a car for a little while and stayed together through it. :-)
The following 1 user Likes Little Lunch's post:
  • Phaedrus

Random thoughts - Mk II
(01-06-2021, 10:16 PM)Little Lunch Wrote: I notice that a lot of people start a thread and as a courtesy they kudos every post.
But then their kudos is worthless...if you know what I mean?

I think that I do that. I just don't want anyone to feel left out.

Big Grin
The following 2 users Like TonyAnkle's post:
  • Little Lunch, c172

Random thoughts - Mk II
I notice that sometimes. 
But anywho. I'm wondering where this alleged Mafia peanut gallery is. Things just got weird, imho.

*boots self out of thread to watch more CNN*
Is this sig thing on?

Random thoughts - Mk II
There was no such thing as simpler times. There was just the innocence of youth ravaged by unnecessary societal burdens.

Random thoughts - Mk II
One more night, then I have the weekend off.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • TonyAnkle

Random thoughts - Mk II
Wood smoke smells so good at night when you're hungry.
  • Phaedrus

Random thoughts - Mk II
It brings out a pavlovian effect in me. :-)
  • Phaedrus

Random thoughts - Mk II
(01-09-2021, 09:19 AM)Little Lunch Wrote: It brings out a pavlovian effect in me. :-)

[Image: Classic-Pavlova-Social-Media-2398-500x500.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Dom, Little Lunch

Random thoughts - Mk II
I bought a neck gaitor because I thought maybe there'd be an occasion where I need face covering that I can pull up and down quickly. It's dark blue, but it still makes me look like a patriot. Sad

...I don't want to look like a fucking patriot!
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Fireball, Phaedrus

Random thoughts - Mk II
(01-12-2021, 03:58 AM)Aliza Wrote: I bought a neck gaitor because I thought maybe there'd be an occasion where I need face covering that I can pull up and down quickly. It's dark blue, but it still makes me look like a patriot. Sad

...I don't want to look like a fucking parrot!

FTFY.  Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Aliza, SYZ

Random thoughts - Mk II
I bought a tie today.
I don't need a tie but if I ever do I've got one with skulls on it. :-)
The following 3 users Like Little Lunch's post:
  • Phaedrus, Aliza, jerry mcmasters

Random thoughts - Mk II
So I already have a full time job - involves computers so luckily I've been able to work from home, and have done since last year, from the first UK lockdown. We had a wave of redundancies due to a company take over, but luckily I managed to stay on. Since then it's been double busy and we're a very small team.

Yesterday, a family member forwarded on a vacancy at their place of work - bit of a "step up" as its more into project management, which while I have not a whole lot of experience, this is now something I've been actively doing for the past 6 months at my current job, as some of our managers left leaving me/another guy to "co-manage" the team and hold all the meetings etc - which has gained me some insight/experience in that world.

Well, I've handed in my CV [Resume for the Americans here] thinking "well......at least I've updated my CV". Not expecting it'll go through and in all honesty I don't feel very "bothered" either way but if it came through it'd be an interesting change of scenery and most likely a pay rise to some degree - so we'll see on that front.

The random thought in all this is "is it ok to just feel 'not bothered' by stuff like this?" - like normally I'm excited/nervous or whatever, but I don't really feel one way or the other about this. If I got it, it'd be great ... but I'd be leaving my small team in the lurch most likely.

So more money for a new experience or stick with what I have and battle through our tough times until it gets better?
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Phaedrus, jerry mcmasters

Random thoughts - Mk II
(01-12-2021, 01:56 PM)OakTree500 Wrote: So more money for a new experience or stick with what I have and battle through our tough times until it gets better?

That's entirely up to you.

Random thoughts - Mk II
I note that today is:
one twenty twenty twenty one.
Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 2 users Like Chas's post:
  • Dānu, Fireball

Random thoughts - Mk II
Seltzer is nasty, so why the heck are all these beverages suddenly incorporating it?

Random thoughts - Mk II
(01-12-2021, 01:56 PM)OakTree500 Wrote: So I already have a full time job - involves computers so luckily I've been able to work from home, and have done since last year, from the first UK lockdown. We had a wave of redundancies due to a company take over, but luckily I managed to stay on. Since then it's been double busy and we're a very small team.

Yesterday, a family member forwarded on a vacancy at their place of work - bit of a "step up" as its more into project management, which while I have not a whole lot of experience, this is now something I've been actively doing for the past 6 months at my current job, as some of our managers left leaving me/another guy to "co-manage" the team and hold all the meetings etc - which has gained me some insight/experience in that world.

Well, I've handed in my CV [Resume for the Americans here] thinking "well......at least I've updated my CV". Not expecting it'll go through and in all honesty I don't feel very "bothered" either way but if it came through it'd be an interesting change of scenery and most likely a pay rise to some degree - so we'll see on that front.

The random thought in all this is "is it ok to just feel 'not bothered' by stuff like this?" - like normally I'm excited/nervous or whatever, but I don't really feel one way or the other about this. If I got it, it'd be great ... but I'd be leaving my small team in the lurch most likely.

So more money for a new experience or stick with what I have and battle through our tough times until it gets better?

Good to have options!

Random thoughts - Mk II
I just need to get through tonight, and then I can have the weekend off.

Random thoughts - Mk II
Wouldn't it be great if Thumps real name was Tom.

Random thoughts - Mk II
I have the best husband.  He just made me lunch and left a flower by it.   Heart
The following 2 users Like Bcat's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Fireball

Random thoughts - Mk II
Australian media have started to use the Americanised word "likely" incorrectly as per:

"The storm front will likely move across Victoria this afternoon".     Which should read:
"The storm front will probably move across Victoria this afternoon".

Likely means similarly,  while probably means in all likelihood.

—Fucking seppos.       Big Grin
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Random thoughts - Mk II
Entirely too many Lifetime/Hallmark movies were created for 2020.

Random thoughts - Mk II
I've got a hair growing out of a mole on my neck. I must be a witch.