Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reddit Recommendations

Reddit Recommendations
Decided to add the app to my mobile for when I get bored at work. Which discussions do you follow?

Reddit Recommendations
I use it for baseball and hockey streaming, only.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus, Dānu

Reddit Recommendations
I like the atheist forum https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/ and politics forum  https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/ 

For about a half an hour I wandered through a reddit forum called "botched plastic surgery"  Wow.  

There's all sorts of stuff there.  I love reddit.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Phaedrus

Reddit Recommendations
(08-24-2019, 05:19 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I like the atheist forum https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/ and politics forum  https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/ 

Already following those two. xD

Reddit Recommendations
I haven't reddit yet.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23

Reddit Recommendations
I follow r/atheism, r/worldnews, r/books and r/polska. Books reddit isn't really worth seeing and polish reddit won't be of interest to foreigners.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
The following 2 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis

Reddit Recommendations
I don't go too often, but I am signed up on r/unpopularopinion and a bunch of nsfw ones.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:

Reddit Recommendations
I follow the menopause discussion sometimes.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:

Reddit Recommendations
/r/skeptic

/r/askscience

/r/askhistorians

/r/NoStupidQuestions

/r/changemyview
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Alan V, Phaedrus

Reddit Recommendations
Kept getting disconnected whenever I tried to edit my post for the last subreddit for some reason, so here's the link

https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Reddit Recommendations
(08-24-2019, 11:39 AM)Szuchow Wrote: I follow r/atheism, r/worldnews, r/books and r/polska. Books reddit isn't really worth seeing and polish reddit won't be of interest to foreigners.

Actually it might be interesting to subscribe to subreddits of various different cultures just to have a little bit of insight into them. Although not if they're not in English I guess. Tongue

Unless someone also plans on being very ambitious and learning different languages...
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Tres Leches

Reddit Recommendations
I like to read Dutch, and watch a show from Bonaire, an island I've been to, that's also done in Dutch (official but minority language). I think it looks and sounds cool. I don't lknow it, though.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Reddit Recommendations
(08-27-2019, 04:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 11:39 AM)Szuchow Wrote: I follow r/atheism, r/worldnews, r/books and r/polska. Books reddit isn't really worth seeing and polish reddit won't be of interest to foreigners.

Actually it might be interesting to subscribe to subreddits of various different cultures just to have a little bit of insight into them. Although not if they're not in English I guess. Tongue

Unless someone also plans on being very ambitious and learning different languages...

I don't disagree in principle but r/Polska users aren't really representative of polish society being far more liberal (though with not insignificant dose of idiots, nationalists, human waste and assorted scum) than Poland populace. You would be able to gain some insight but same (or to be honest far better) can be achieved by reading books - I mean you have to know Polish and if you know it then it is better to peruse scholarly works rather than listen to some extreme personalities words.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
The following 2 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Tres Leches

Reddit Recommendations
(08-27-2019, 04:54 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:

I read European newspaper websites via Google Translate. Some of the meaning gets lost in translation but I like to see what people outside the US are talking about. Surprise! They don't always talk incessantly about the US and Trump.
I read Corriere Della Sera before going to Rome to get a taste of what's happening in Italy (and to learn some Italian).

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Szuchow

Reddit Recommendations
Reddit is significantly more cringeworthy now than it was before from my experience. So, I would not recommend Reddit.