Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Things That Make You Frown 2.0

(12-11-2021, 12:57 PM)Vera Wrote: Earrings on babies and toddlers.

I guess at the extreme it could be considered as an abrogation of the infant's human rights
in that (obviously) they didn't consent to having the flesh of their earlobes punctured with
a clinical device, nor the permanent insertion of a foreign body into their skin.  And of course
their parents never factor in the unnecessary pain caused.  "Gee, I wonder why little Amanda
is thrashing about and screaming?"

In my opinion, no body modifications should be allowed for infants and/or people unable to
make their own considered decision in order to accept or deny such modification.  How dare
parents satisfy their own notions of "beauty" by projecting it onto a defenseless baby?

Here in Australia it's most common amongst Indian, Greek and Italian families.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

I made a couple of origami I rather like (a hummingbird and a very cute sheep) but I have to wait till spring to photograph them (to my satisfaction). Harrumph!

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

I need a Small Things that Make You Roll Your Eyes thread.

My students just defaced my white board with Jesus shit. Hmm Dodgy

This * is * why * we * put * the * markers * away!
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Vera

"The foreign ministry said China would also suspend engagement with Vaiciukeviciute's ministry and cooperation on transportation with Lithuania, a small Baltic republic."

Well, gee, reuters, thanks for clarifying, I was totally befuddled. Dodgy

I get that this was written by a Chinese person, but it was still published on YOUR, international website and supposedly edited by you.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Edited? You're overly generous. They would have to pay editors and proofreaders.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Vera

There's a time in the afternoon when the sun shines straight into my (good and deserving, aka quiet) neighbours' second-storey window and gets reflected straight into my eyes.

[Image: tumblr_mjqfzmALCV1qcsenco1_1280.gif]

(10-14-2022, 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote: There's a time in the afternoon when the sun shines straight into my (good and deserving, aka quiet) neighbours' second-storey window and gets reflected straight into my eyes.

[Image: tumblr_mjqfzmALCV1qcsenco1_1280.gif]

Maybe ... is ... Shock ... is that you, Jesus?

Dodgy

A fish I have had in one of my aquariums for 11 years has died. Yes, Rainbow was old, but he was happily swimming around and eating dinner one day and dead the next morning. He was a Boesmani Rainbow fish, and he outlived his mate for 4 years. I am sad.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Alan V