Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL

NFL
Well that was a pretty entertaining game. Not a classic but it wasn't decided until the last couple minutes so that's the best you can ask for.
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Deesse23, Alan V

NFL
(02-03-2020, 03:32 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Well that was a pretty entertaining game.  Not a classic but it wasn't decided until the last couple minutes so that's the best you can ask for.

Definitely. Last superbowl was so boring that i will hate Brady and Belichick for the rest of my life.
Thois one was very entertaining, with two worthy contenders. Good comeback by the Chiefs. Thumbs Up
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

NFL
Not much action in this thread.

Go Cowboys!!
The following 1 user Likes Vixen's post:
  • Cavebear

NFL
May "The Washington Football Team" as currently named sink into a swamp so low that the NFL forcibly removes Dan Snyder as owner. I'm a local. If they gave away FREE tickets when fans could attend in the future, I would ceremonially burn them.

I don't know what their eventual more "normal" name will be (I personally favor "Washington Warriors" because it is both alliterative and non-specific), but with Dan Snyder as owner, nothing will change. And he is an ass.
I came to a fork in the road, and I took it!

NFL
(09-21-2020, 08:07 PM)Vixen Wrote: Not much action in this thread.

Go Cowboys!!

It is a race to the bottom in the NFC East this year, LOL!

NFL
If the Jets were in the NFC East they'd only be 3 games out of first.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dānu

NFL
The 4-7 Washington Football Team (real current team name) knocked off the 11-0 Pittsburgh Steelers IN their OWN STADIUM 23-17 after being down 14-0. And I SAW it happen. They are my local team. They aren't supposed to DO stuff like that.

Joke: Q: What is the name of The Washington Football Team Mascot?

A: "The Washington Football Team Mascot".

LOL! We are utterly generic this year while the team owner decides on a new name.

BTW, along that same line, I once saw a picture of a Renault "Le Car". The tag (license plate) was "Le tag". Creativity cracks me up... Seriously, it gets me through "Le Day"! Wink

NFL
Decent NFL playoffs so far. Interesting underdog stories (Tampa Bay, now with Brady, Buffalo, and Cleveland) and a few classic teams (Packers, Saints).

NFL
Well Superbowl tomorrow. I watch a few games during the year, My Texans are mathematically out usually by week one of the season or so. I will watch the Superbowl though, I do like tradition and spectacles that bind us together as Americans or as sports fans worldwide (I try to watch World Cup, etc.). I think the KC Chiefs are slightly favored, but I think the TB Bucs will win. I think they have the better roster of players in general and will wear down the Chiefs in a close one. TB by, I'll say, 3
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Cavebear

NFL
(02-07-2021, 03:27 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Well Superbowl tomorrow.  I watch a few games during the year, My Texans are mathematically out usually by week one of the season or so.  I will watch the Superbowl though, I do like tradition and spectacles that bind us together as Americans or as sports fans worldwide (I try to watch World Cup, etc.).  I think the KC Chiefs are slightly favored, but I think the TB Bucs will win.  I think they have the better roster of players in general and will wear down the Chiefs in a close one.  TB by, I'll say, 3

Superbowl Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year. I can shop at Home Depot without a crowd... Football is boring (though less so than soccer). Huddle, snap, mass movement, end of play. I usually can't even tell who has the ball unless they pass it. I'd rather throw a football than watch a football game. Give me baseball anytime!

Monday, I will look up the commercials. They are the best part.

NFL
I would just like to mention for the interest of all that Team Ruff has won again the Puppy Bowl. It was a good match because there were puppies.