Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL

NFL
(01-12-2019, 09:11 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: It's a cliche but really I "just want to see a good game."

Idk if you just saw that last reverse that Hill took into the end zone, but dayum, it was pretty! Big Grin

NFL
Whew! 3's better than 7.
HAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Missed FG! Dance

NFL
So far so good Chiefs...
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • TheGulegon

NFL
(01-12-2019, 11:13 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: So far so good Chiefs...

Even though it did us some good, I didn't like that running into the kicker call. I didn't see any real contact.

But it looks, with 2:33 left, and the Chefs just scored, I can release my held breath, now. lol

[Edit] Thank the fucking gourds! :whew:

NFL
Congrats, and good for Andy Reed. He's a really good coach and has had some tough breaks over the years in KC and in Philly. Plus he looks like a giant walrus, which is hard to dislike.
  • TheGulegon

NFL
(01-13-2019, 01:10 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Congrats, and good for Andy Reed.  He's a really good coach and has had some tough breaks over the years in KC and in Philly.  Plus he looks like a giant walrus, which is hard to dislike.

We, here in KC, call him "Big Red". ROFL2

If there were any dislikers, before this game, they're likers, now. \o/

Watching the Rams-Cowboys, now. Not nearly as invested in who wins this one, so no worry about a surprise heart attack. Tongue Just gonna watch a game, and finish out muh beerz.  Beercheer

NFL
I'm semi-invested in the Cowboys. I'm a Texan fan, but never bought into the Hate-Dallas stuff. We're literally in different conferences, we wouldn't see Dallas until a Superbowl! Dislike is reserved for more immediate in-conference rivals. Kind of dull game so far, but hope the Cowboys win.

NFL
See, I been told "this ain't ya daddy's Chiefs", but I've seen this way too often for it not to be a carbon copy of the chokes I've witnessed over the years.

They might make some spectacular looking 2nd half comeback to bring em to within a hair of winning it, but it's over. Weeping

Nice try, Ma Homies :'(

NFL
(01-21-2019, 12:57 AM)TheGulegon Wrote: See, I been told "this ain't ya daddy's Chiefs", but I've seen this way too often for it not to be a carbon copy of the chokes I've witnessed over the years.

They might make some spectacular looking 2nd half comeback to bring em to within a hair of winning it, but it's over. Weeping

I was wondering if you would be checking in tonight!  Hey 14 points isn't a lot for the Chiefs.

NFL
I could read the thread... or I could Google. Instead I'll ask. Do we know who is in the superbowl yet?

NFL
Saw most of the NO/LA game today, it was damned good. Had to leave with about 2:00 on the clock in the 4th, still don't know who won. Hopin' it's NOLA and KC in the 'Bowl.
On hiatus.

NFL
(01-21-2019, 01:14 AM)Aliza Wrote: I could read the thread... or I could Google. Instead I'll ask. Do we know who is in the superbowl yet?

Los Angeles Rams for sure, the other team to be determined, game on now.
  • Aliza

NFL
NOLA lost by 3.

Oops. That's been acknowledged. This second semi's pretty feisty. Go, Pats.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • julep

NFL
Pats/KC game going into overtime.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

NFL
A second overtime game. I can't stay up for this shit!

NFL
Well, I can go to sleep now. The yelling from downstairs has concluded.
god, ugh

NFL
(01-21-2019, 01:01 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 12:57 AM)TheGulegon Wrote: See, I been told "this ain't ya daddy's Chiefs", but I've seen this way too often for it not to be a carbon copy of the chokes I've witnessed over the years.

I was wondering if you would be checking in tonight!  Hey 14 points isn't a lot for the Chiefs.

Rams/Pats. A truly uninspiring ticket from this fan's point of view. I hope the Rams crush the pats, but I would be rooting for any NFC team against the Pats.

It's a loooooong time 'til September and football I actually give a shit about.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

NFL
Okay SuperBowl tomorrow. Guess if I was betting I would take the Patriots but I will be rooting for the Rams.
  • Alan V

NFL
(02-03-2019, 02:03 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Okay SuperBowl tomorrow.  Guess if I was betting I would take the Patriots but I will be rooting for the Rams.

Strong dislike for the Rams, positive hatred for the Pats. It's a shame there's no way they can both lose, but that being the case, I hope the Rams have the running game working and stuff it down some Patriot throats. Barely.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dānu

NFL
(02-03-2019, 02:03 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Okay SuperBowl tomorrow.  Guess if I was betting I would take the Patriots but I will be rooting for the Rams.

I find it hard to root for either team.  The Rams "won" their last game on an obvious missed call and the Patriots have won enough already.

I guess I'll root for the Saints to challenge it all in court.

NFL
(02-03-2019, 01:56 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:

I find it hard to root for either team.  The Rams "won" their last game on an obvious missed call and the Patriots have won enough already.

I guess I'll root for the Saints to challenge it all in court.

This is by far the worst possible combination.  Truly the Irrelevant bowl this year.
The following 2 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • Alan V, Thumpalumpacus

NFL
No, it comes down to one thing and one thing only...who scores the most points.  ConsiderI can’t wait to miss it, but I will watch the halftime extravaganza with Adam Lavine and Maroon Five. 

Analysis
Who will win the Super Bowl? It’ll come down to these six things.
On paper, the Rams have more talent. In reality, the Patriots have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. New England’s remarkable dynasty includes nine Super Bowl appearances over 18 years, but its five Super Bowl wins have all been close games.
  • By John Clayton
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
The following 3 users Like Full Circle's post:
  • Alan V, Thumpalumpacus, TheGulegon

NFL
(02-03-2019, 05:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote: No, it comes down to one thing and one thing only...who scores the most points.  ConsiderI can’t wait to miss it, but I will watch the halftime extravaganza with Adam Lavine and Maroon Five. 

Analysis
On paper, the Rams have more talent. In reality, the Patriots have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. New England’s remarkable dynasty includes nine Super Bowl appearances over 18 years, but its five Super Bowl wins have all been close games.
  • By John Clayton

I think it will come to one thing: can the Rams knock Tom Brady out of the game altogether?    Trophy
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Aliza

NFL
(02-03-2019, 05:33 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 05:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote: No, it comes down to one thing and one thing only...who scores the most points.  ConsiderI can’t wait to miss it, but I will watch the halftime extravaganza with Adam Lavine and Maroon Five. 

Analysis
  • By John Clayton

I think it will come to one thing: can the Rams knock Tom Brady out of the game altogether?    Trophy

Concussion NO Collusion!
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
The following 1 user Likes Full Circle's post:
  • Alan V

NFL
I have just been “encouraged” to leave the room after the pats’ field goal flub, so that I can change the energy of the game.
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • Dānu