Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What are you listening to?

Is this sig thing on?

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Is this sig thing on?

Is this sig thing on?

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

[Image: R-2057270-1340650452-6500.jpeg.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

My Spotify weekly playlist:

Is this sig thing on?

Vivekananda

Vivekananda

Vivekananda

Is this sig thing on?

Is this sig thing on?

There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

(05-29-2021, 06:57 AM)Szuchow Wrote:

As standard Irish song, she is good. But I don't hear anything new in it. Sorry.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • c172

Is this sig thing on?

Is this sig thing on?

Classical music. But I had baseball (Washington Nationals) on earlier and then MSNBC on TV before coming here. I is "eclectic"... Dance

Usually it's indie/drone/old jazz, soccer and CNN for me.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Cavebear

(06-02-2021, 05:47 AM)c172 Wrote: Usually it's indie/drone/old jazz, soccer and CNN for me.

Other than rap (bad poems spoken aloud) there isn't much music I won't listen to. But I have 2 questions.

1. What is "drone"? I vaguely remember quaalude music (and for users, "vaguely remember" is pretty much it). Not my style; I was more participatory.

2. How do you "listen" to soccer? Nothing actually happens except 2 goals in 5 seconds an hour apart. And I'm not against soccer itself; I lettered in it in high school.

If I am too busy with real life things, I will put on a webstream for an MLS match. YMMV.

No clue what Quaalude music is, but drone is just very minimalist. More sustained sounds layered or interwoven together. Not so much beats, though there can be some texture. And usually long format 7 is short. 30 minutes or an hour isn't uncommon.
A couple favorites:

And, yes, it can be done live:

Is this sig thing on?

I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

Every bit as true and relevant today as it was when written.

[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]