Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignostic, wanted dead and alive

hello, all
I'm ignostic at the core
somewhat abrasive sometimes
The following 2 users Like Schrodinger's Outlaw's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, KevinM1

Welcome! May I ask how you found us?
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

(10-02-2018, 01:10 AM)Schrodingers Outlaw link Wrote: hello, all
I'm ignostic at the core

Heya! Do we know you under another name or are you a brave soul, stumbled into this ill-begotten corner of the interwebz by the will of a completely-undefinable god?  Angel
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Mathilda

I'm of the persuasion that ignostic means that there is no intellectually honest definition

Hmm, I suppose I am an apatheist, I just don't care. And a freethinker:
Quote:Freethinkers hold that knowledge should be grounded in facts, scientific inquiry, and logic. The skeptical application of science implies freedom from the intellectually limiting effects of confirmation bias, cognitive bias, conventional wisdom, popular culture, prejudice, or sectarianism.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Mathilda

I seem to recall some topics about this back in TTA years ago. Can't remember who was contributing to the conversations about igtheism. I think we had one person who was actually a committed igtheist. Actually, that might have been Bucky, now that I think about it.

Were you from TTA, are you a regular from AF, or is this your first time with our crew? If it's the latter, how did you find us? I was under the impression we haven't been heavily indexed yet.
[Image: giphy.gif]

got a heads up from talkfreethought board
unfamiliar with TTA and unsure what AF is
The following 1 user Likes Schrodinger's Outlaw's post:
  • Mathilda

Wow, we have our first member not associated with the exile, folks!

How did we get mentioned over at talk freethought? We've been up for less than three days.
The following 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post:
  • Kim

Welcome aboard!
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

So I just went over to Talk FreeThought and I'm already seeing some familiar names. Cheerful Charlie for one, who've we've already got here, but also Genesis Nemesis is apparently a very active member there. Somebody tell him to get his ass over here.

Also Lion IRC, who we could probably do without.

Edit: Gawdzilla apparently recently made an account there. You have to tell us about these things, man!

Edit, Edit: Thumpa too. Building up a culprit list.

(10-02-2018, 01:10 AM)Schrodingers Outlaw link Wrote: hello, all
I'm ignostic at the core

Hey, welcome aboard! We're still getting unpacked here and we might change some things around as we tweak plugins and such. I hope you can hang in there with us while we find our bearings. We're a nice bunch and we have active, often lively discussions.

Nice - we got a real, off the street, walk-in!  :clapping:

We're still a work in progress but, we tend to have some fairly productive & enjoyable conversations.  Glad you found the place.  Smile

(10-02-2018, 01:49 AM)Tartarus Sauce link Wrote: I seem to recall some topics about this back in TTA years ago. Can't remember who was contributing to the conversations about igtheism. I think we had one person who was actually a committed igtheist. Actually, that might have been Bucky, now that I think about it.

Wasn't that robvalue?

I certainly learnt about igtheism for the first time from TFTSNBN.

(10-02-2018, 02:04 AM)Schrodingers Outlaw link Wrote: got a heads up from talkfreethought board
unfamiliar with TTA and unsure what AF is

AF is atheistforums.org

It became like a sister forum to The Forum/Place That Should Not Be Named (TTA) with a lot of people being on both forums.

Welcome by the way.

(10-02-2018, 01:42 AM)Schrodingers Outlaw link Wrote: I'm of the persuasion that ignostic means that there is no intellectually honest definition

That's roughly how I understand it. Every theist just takes what they believe for granted, and find these criticisms baffling. They "know" what god is, so of course it's "defined"!

Anyway, welcome!

It's really great to have you here.  Welcome, welcome, welcome!  Smile
                                                         T4618

thank you,

(10-02-2018, 09:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 01:49 AM)Tartarus Sauce link Wrote: I seem to recall some topics about this back in TTA years ago. Can't remember who was contributing to the conversations about igtheism. I think we had one person who was actually a committed igtheist. Actually, that might have been Bucky, now that I think about it.

Wasn't that robvalue?

Kimmy introduced me to it.
Test

Wasn't that robvalue?

I first learned about it from Purple Rabbit over at AF back in ... well, must have been 2009 or 2010.

Do I get a cookie?
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

Welcome aboard. Or not. (Or both simultaneously until you decide.) Smile

(12-05-2018, 04:47 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:

Wasn't that robvalue?

I first learned about it from Purple Rabbit over at AF back in ... well, must have been 2009 or 2010.

Do I get a cookie?

Cookie
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado