Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Food!!! What are you eating today??!

Gourmet onion rings. No, really! That's what the bag says!

Okay, these are a store-brand jazzed up with sea salt and cracked pepper. But they're good. And they're on sale. Aldi's has frozen pollock on sale, I'll have to compare their rings.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Aldi's annoys me with their 25c shopping cart. Gourmet funyunesque things sound interesting, though.
Is this sig thing on?

I will be forced to have another steak tonight. Will the torture ever end?  Big Grin
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Homemade scotch broth with toasted cheese sandwiches. 
I'm feeling very virtuous, I've used every scrap of that leg of lamb including boiling the bones for the soup, I should get an award or something Angel.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • Dom, Dānu

Onion rings. These are Cub's regular rings. They're cheaper, but they're made out of minced onion. Not what I'm looking for.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Boneless pork chops. Freezer to plate in 15 minutes.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • adey67

Buffalo chicken wings and tater tots. These were Aldi's pre-seasoned, breaded chicken wings. Underwhelming. Once I get my air fryer set up I'll try simply browning wings from frozen and adding sauce to the cooked wings.

Vivekananda

Leftover rice and red beans with pork, which I crockpotted in soy sauce, mirin, paprika and garlic powder. Topped with oyster crackers.

Grocery day today. Y'all have me craving onion rings.
Is this sig thing on?

Honey-battered chicken fingers with sweet & sour sauce.

Vivekananda

I have a crab. Haven't decided what to do with it yet.

La Choy chicken chow mein.

Vivekananda

I burned one of my BistroMDs, which was a frittata and a cinnamon roll of some sort, so I just made some toast with butter, veggie sausage, and hashbrowns with ketchup. Late brekky, so not really hungry. Looks like chicken bacon mac & cheese with a side of green beans fo dinner.
Is this sig thing on?

There was a special on grinders at the deli today, so I bought a 12" roast beef grinder with all the trimmings. Had half of it with potato chips for lunch and the other half for supper this evening. Excellent!  Tongue
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(04-11-2021, 01:29 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: There was a special on grinders at the deli today, so I bought a 12" roast beef grinder with all the trimmings. Had half of it with potato chips for lunch and the other half for supper this evening. Excellent!  Tongue

What's a grinder?

Hoagie, sub, hero, etc.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Dom

Cheddar-wurst.

Vivekananda

(04-11-2021, 02:26 AM)Dom Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 01:29 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: There was a special on grinders at the deli today, so I bought a 12" roast beef grinder with all the trimmings. Had half of it with potato chips for lunch and the other half for supper this evening. Excellent!  Tongue

What's a grinder?

I live in Massachusetts where "grinder" is the common name for a submarine sandwich or hoagie.

[Image: 330px-Pastrami_grinder_%282012%29.jpg]
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dom

A turkey dinner

Pork and beans on buttered toast.
Is this sig thing on?

Went full on chili last night. Pork, green hot peppers from a jar, pinto beans, onions, and some tomato. Burned me nicely. Probably "average" for most, but I'm not a fan of HOT HOT! So it made my scalp sweat. It was enough...
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Pork loin roast, green beans, and mashed sweet potatoes.

Vivekananda

Hamburgers.

Vivekananda

Lunch: Cheeseburgers with onions and yellow mustard.  Tongue

Supper: Roasted pork loin sandwich with mayo, onion, garlic powder and lettuce.  Smile

Homemade chicken kebabs, watercress tomatoes and coleslaw.

Chicken/spinach/artichoke/sundried tomato crepe and roasted potatoes.
Is this sig thing on?