Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Food!!! What are you eating today??!

We're making turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving today. I'm getting used to the idea of Thanksgiving being in October, and on a Monday.

Egg salad sandwich on toast, hold the egg salad.  :pendulum:
  [Image: attachment.php?aid=31] Dog  

Halloween candy. 
Just doing quality control testing.  Angel
[Image: Logo%20free%20sm.jpg]

Leftovers, but on nachos. Paired with Better Call Saul. Perfect end to a long weekend.

Loose meat sandwich (basically a dry sloppy joe) with cheese.

Looking at articles on muesli. Kind of intrigued by it (I want to lose weight, but I hate not eating things I like). Gave up on oatmeal a while ago because it was a stimulant. But likely partly because I'd have it with butter and Aunt Jemima (lots o both).
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus

(10-09-2018, 04:57 AM)c172 link Wrote:Loose meat sandwich (basically a dry sloppy joe) with cheese.

Looking at articles on muesli. Kind of intrigued by it (I want to lose weight, but I hate not eating things I like). Gave up on oatmeal a while ago because it was a stimulant. But likely partly because I'd have it with butter and Aunt Jemima (lots o both).
I'm not seeing a problem there. :burp:

Oh, my taste buds loved me for it, but my GI? Not so much. And I gotta take care of that.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus

(10-09-2018, 03:03 PM)c172 link Wrote:Oh, my taste buds loved me for it, but my GI? Not so much. And I gotta take care of that.
I had a partially blocked small bowel back in May, post gallbladder surgery. Now me and my guts ain't speakin'.

I'm making baked chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) stuffed with bacon, mushrooms, cheese, and a mix of diced tomatoes, squash, onions, and garlic, basted in olive oil and herbs. Pasta with homemade cream-cheese sauce for a side.
Freedom isn't free.

Love to say it again- leftovers. I’m not sick of them yet.

For dessert I’m making cinnamon buns though. I’m combining the dough, sticky bit and icing from three diff recipes to make a perfect bun. I’ll let you know if achieved.

Lunch: Spinach quiche.

Supper: Hot dogs, crackers & cheddar cheese.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(10-10-2018, 01:29 AM)Gwaithmir link Wrote:Lunch: Spinach quiche.

Supper: Hot dogs, crackers & cheddar cheese.

It was the Canadian Thanksgiving yesterday, so today I used the leftover turkey and made a big pot of good old fashioned turkey stew. Sat down with a big bowl and 4 slices of buttered bread to dip into the bowl and stuffed my face until I could barely move.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

Rib steak, steak fries, and Caesar salad.  Did some more Halloween candy testing.  :roll:
[Image: Logo%20free%20sm.jpg]

Chicken fingers for lunch, take home from dinner last night.  ;D

Pizza!!!!
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

The pumpkin soup I made yesterday (complete with the croutons I made yesterday)... before I crashed the dinner my neighbour was giving for some friends of his  Unsure (a lovely time was had by... well, me at least... and a hopefully lovely soup will also shortly be had by me  Blush  )
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Burgers!!  :eyes_bugging:

Had some leftovers, the favourites are dwindling though. I’m surprised the broccoli salad is still so crisp.

Cinnamon buns were good, but they weren’t what I’m going for. I’m going to have to play with the recipe a bit more. It’s a minimum 18hr process so I’ll try again in a couple weeks.

(10-11-2018, 12:41 AM)LonaWolf link Wrote: Had some leftovers, the favourites are dwindling though. I’m surprised the broccoli salad is still so crisp.

Cinnamon buns were good, but they weren’t what I’m going for. I’m going to have to play with the recipe a bit more. It’s a minimum 18hr process so I’ll try again in a couple weeks.
I've never eaten anything that took 18 hours to prepare, with the exception of pit-roasted hogs.  M1436

Turkey Tail mushroom tea, wtih shilajit, bee propolis, and Manuka honey using high PH alkaline water. Something's fucked up in my gut, haven't had soild food for a few weeks now. Kinda sucks.
Amor fati.

I forgot to thaw anything, so basically left over ground turkey and some hash browns, with ketchup. Toast and a Nature Valley bar. Water.
-Carl Sagan

(10-11-2018, 11:26 PM)c172 link Wrote: I forgot to thaw anything, so basically left over ground turkey and some hash browns, with ketchup. Toast and a Nature Valley bar. Water.
Freeze some hamburger patties, you can fry them  up when they're frozen.

Baby back ribs, rice, sweet peppers and broccoli.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Didn't feel like cooking tonight, so I grabbed a pulled-pork sammich and a few jalapeño poppers from the best BBQ joint around, It's All Good. Yes, it was all good; JessiLynn knows what the hell she's doing.

I'll be making a beef stew tomorrow night in anticipation of our first sorta-cold front -- we're expected to drop into the 40s overnight over the weekend.

Cubed chuck roast, cubed potatoes, sliced carrots, bell peppers cut about 1/4" square, thick-sliced mushrooms, about half a red onion cut into chunks, sliced but not diced garlic (four, maybe five cloves),  2 medium Roma tomatoes cubed up, and a little G-love.

G-love is a roux made with oil, flour, milk, and some seasonings and saucepan skill -- you're almost making a gravy to use as a little thickener for the stew. Get the oil decently hot, add your seasonings, then sprinkle -- DON'T clump -- the flour into it while you stir it with a fork vigorously. Use a small sifter for adding the flour. Once the mixture starts to bubble, add in little pours of milk, stirring all the while. Never add flour after your milk, unless you like lumps. You should be doing this while your meat is browning, not before, not after.

Brown but don't finish the cubed meat in red wine and oil (about five minutes), water it up with a cube of bullion and three or four pints of water, boil it a bit as you add pepper, salt, oregano, parsley and the potatoes and carrots. Bring this to a boil. Add your roux as you go along until you get the broth to the consistency you like. Once the potatoes are close to done (usually about twenty minutes of medium boil) throw in the rest of the vegetables, cover your pot, lower the temp to low, and don't simmer your pottage longer than 15 minutes unless you actually like a soggy mess. I like veggies with a little crunch so that's my limit; your taters will be soft, your mushrooms should be meaty, and your peppers will still have a little crunch.

Once you've done that, grind some more pepper into the stew, let it simmer a few more minutes, and serve with bread-and-butter.

That'll be dinner tomorrow at Casa del Tompalompico.
Freedom isn't free.

(10-11-2018, 11:09 PM)GirlyMan link Wrote: Turkey Tail mushroom tea, wtih shilajit, bee propolis, and Manuka honey using high PH alkaline water. Something's fucked up in my gut, haven't had soild food for a few weeks now. Kinda sucks.

That's about eight kinds of shit there, brotha. Get well soon, m'Girl.
Freedom isn't free.