Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Food!!! What are you eating today??!

(06-11-2021, 03:02 AM)Dom Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 02:58 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 05:10 PM)Dom Wrote: A ginormous pork steak, wild picked mushrooms, broccoli, chard and blistered fingerling tomatoes.

I just bought some boneless pork chops and that sounds good.  Though instead of "blistered tomatoes"  (what is a "fingerling tomato")"?  I have slightly-heated canned diced tomato to use up.  And button mushrooms.  Still sounds good though.

Fingerling tomatoes are like cherry tomatoes but they are long, like half a finger. I think most of the varieties of fingerlings out there are heirlooms. They are nice for blistering because they cook evenly.

I thought I knew tomatoes. And a search doesn't find "fingerling tomatoes". We here have what are called "grape tomatoes" that have some length vs diameter but more like "fingertip-sized". I would love a link.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

15-bean soup. I was going to make sloppy joes from a mix, but I didn't have the energy. Maybe tomorrow.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Lunch: Boneless pork chops with fried onions and herbs.

Supper: Peanut butter and banana sandwich (toasted).
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(06-11-2021, 03:16 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 03:02 AM)Dom Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 02:58 AM)Cavebear Wrote: I just bought some boneless pork chops and that sounds good.  Though instead of "blistered tomatoes"  (what is a "fingerling tomato")"?  I have slightly-heated canned diced tomato to use up.  And button mushrooms.  Still sounds good though.

Fingerling tomatoes are like cherry tomatoes but they are long, like half a finger. I think most of the varieties of fingerlings out there are heirlooms. They are nice for blistering because they cook evenly.

I thought I knew tomatoes.  And a search doesn't find "fingerling tomatoes".  We here have what are called "grape tomatoes" that have some length vs diameter but more like "fingertip-sized".  I would love a link.

It's a shape description, not a name. There are also fingerling eggplant and potatoes and maybe more types of veggie. The ones I have are a cross of a salad tomato and a paste tomato - thick skin but juicy inside. Great for blistering. These came from a local farmer's market. Heirloom growers often have access to varieties that are not at all commercial, from seed swapping and cross pollinating. The tomatoes I have been getting through this market for a couple of years now come in all sizes, shapes, tastes and colors. I love that, tomatoes are an incredible fruit, so very versatile.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

More bean soup. I think bean soup is right up next to pho in my favorite foods.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Scotch broth and pigs tongue sandwiches (sounds horrible but tastes great, tongue is a delicious meat).
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dom

Another bowl of beans. Less tomato and ham in the final bowls.

Vivekananda

I got into lacto-fermentation last year. Today having some fermented cauliflower.
The following 1 user Likes Percie's post:
  • Dom

(06-11-2021, 07:21 PM)Percie Wrote: I got into lacto-fermentation last year. Today having some fermented cauliflower.

Fermented foods taste great and are good for you. My favorite is radish Kimchi.

I haven't done kimchi yet but will. My favorites so far are sauerkraut, carrots w/ ginger, bell peppers, cauliflower. Thought I'd really like sugar snap peas but I don't - each one fills up with liquid.

Tater tots.

Vivekananda

I had a blue barry banana smoothy tonight and earlier I had chicken.
The following 1 user Likes TristanJ's post:
  • Dom

Baja fish tacos.

Vivekananda

I used my new air-fryer for the 1st time last night. It worked wonderfully! Thumbs Up The spiced and panko-breaded chicken drumsticks came out cooked, moist inside and crisp outside. Tomorrow, I will try french-fries. After that, fried shrimp. Best thing since the microwave. Be aware it pumps out some heat out the back, so don't leave the Junior Mints box behind it. Thumbsdown
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Dānu

Hungarian chicken, risotto, and Brussels sprouts.

I bought some ghost chile powder at Trader Joe's. Man is that hot. Just a light sprinkle on my chicken was almost too much.

Vivekananda

Salmon and broccoli with Hollandaise sauce. Yum!

Jalapeno cheddar-wurst sausages.

Vivekananda

I'm making some sort of Mediterranean salad: grilled chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach, sweet peppers, onion, feta cheese, with a dressing based on tzatziki and tweaked a little with balsamic and olive oil involved.
On hiatus.

Mustard potato salad.

Vivekananda

Healthy Choice tv dinner. It's healthy I hear told; says so right on the box.

Chicken, cheese, onion and avocado wraps. Works out well.

Took a break from BistroMD. I was nauseated this morning but never knew why. Dinner was sushi and kettle chips with Red Bull.
Is this sig thing on?

Lunch: BBQ chicken with herbs and potato salad.  Tongue

Supper: Quiche Lorraine.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Prawn and egg salad (avocado scallions radish tomato cucumber and red beets) soft brown rolls with butter plus one bottle of german pilsner lager (its hot here today). Strawberries and cream for dessert.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dom

Supporting my local authentic Mexican food joint.