Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you love

Things you love
(05-14-2019, 02:10 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 01:50 AM)Dom Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 01:23 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I'm a real tech-phobe so I mess around with it about once a year for a week, get frustrated, and then blow it off until the next year.  The thing about being old, strangely, is that I'm not in a rush for anything.

Not sure what's strange about that. I'm not in any hurry for anything either. If I want to do something else, I just do what I like. Beyond absolute necessities, that is.

I guess I was thinking the stereotype of the old person might be that they don't have much time left so whatever you're going to do you better hurry but maybe it's not.  I've only been old once...

The older I get, the more I slow down. I take time for the things that make life beautiful and screw the rest.  Banana Dance
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Gwaithmir, GenesisNemesis

Things you love
(05-13-2019, 02:31 PM)Ima Believer Wrote: I find the Bible a great deal more reliable than modern day science, but that shouldn't be surprising. Someday the creator of the universe can tell me a great deal more about it than the infantile speculations of mankind on the verge of his own destruction. In fact, well . . . he already has.

Science has answered more questions for, and provided more benefit to, mankind in the last 100 years than your gawd or your buy-bull has in the last 2000. The only reasons you think otherwise is indoctrination in religion and ignorance of science.

Things I love:
Conversations with intelligent people.
Beers with friends after a tough day at work.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 4 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Fireball, BlackSheep, Gwaithmir, Thumpalumpacus

Things you love
Smells of wood, books, flowers, coffee, freshly baked bread, spaghetti cooking on the stove, puppies, freshly baked cinnamon rolls, raspberry crisp baking, few perfumes, cotton, carnival funnel cake, specific shampoos, and some lotions. I also like when people smell good without having obnoxious perfume, lotion, body odor, and gum smells.

Flavors like spaghetti with meatballs, cinnamon rolls, raspberry crisp, funnel cake, milk chocolate, sushi, combination lo mein with curry spice, curry spice in general, jello with sour cream and fruit chunks, grapes, Razzle Dazzle ice cream, raspberries, fruity tea, hot cocoa, figs, and macaroni and cheese with smoked gouda and Italian sausage.

Dance, classical, celtic, jazz, and hard rock music genres. I don't like country, rap, pop, and religious music mostly. So, I like listening to music from Bandcamp when it has more variety. I also like listening to dance, classical, celtic, jazz, and hard rock music from the Pandora radio app.

Apps for Pandora radio, privacy-friendly internet browsing, audio editing, video editing, photoshopping, reading books, programming, and hacking.
The following 2 users Like BlackSheep's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, GenesisNemesis

Things you love
I love my home elevator and houseboy, without which I would have had to sell my home and moved into an assisted living apartment by now.  Heart
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • BlackSheep, Thumpalumpacus

Things you love
Jasmine green tea, helped me a lot through Covid.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • BlackSheep

Things you love
Being able to cook my own food.
The following 1 user Likes BlackSheep's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Things you love
Fajitas
Astronomy
Tacos
Burritos
Oreos
Tamales
THC
Omletes
Mayhem
Eclipses
Dogs
Guacamole
Innuendos
RUSH
Lumpia
Solitude
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball

Things you love
Rereading this thread, and going a little OT, I find myself missing @Smercury44.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Smercury44, Dom

Things you love
!!!!!
On hiatus.