Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like The Imbeciles Are Winning

Looks Like The Imbeciles Are Winning
Quote:We've arranged a global civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.

Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: 1995

Which is demonstrably true. 30 years ago 10% of the population owned a computer and 90% of them knew how they worked. Today 90% own a computer but only 10% know what goes on behind the keyboard. You give an average computer user an empty machine and Windows on a USB stick, they wouldn't have a clue.

A while ago my nephew (self employed joiner) was telling me how he went bust and nearly lost his house because the engine in his truck blew up. "The oil pressure light came on and before I could get to a garage..." He clocked me giving him the gamma ray's and stopped. "You stupid bastard!" Without oil pressure an engine will destroy itself in seconds. He then tells me, as though in mitigation, 'But it was serviced 4 months prior.'

I fucking despair.
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • Chas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks Like The Imbeciles Are Winning - by Inkubus - 12-29-2023, 04:39 PM