Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign-ups for Game #12 - Peacock Mafia

(01-06-2021, 03:40 PM)Aliza Wrote: Are these possible setups good for everyone? I found them online and they seem pretty self-explanatory.

Setup A
1.      Mafia Goon
2.      Mafia Goon
3.      Town Jailkeeper
4.      Vanilla Town
5.      Vanilla Town
6.      Vanilla Town
7.      Vanilla Town
8.      Vanilla Town
9.      Vanilla Town

Setup B
1.      Mafia Roleblocker
2.      Mafia Goon
3.      Town Cop
4.      Town Doctor
5.      Vanilla Town
6.      Vanilla Town
7.      Vanilla Town
8.      Vanilla Town
9.      Vanilla Town

Setup C
1.      Mafia Goon
2.      Mafia Goon
3.      Town Tracker
4.      Town 1-shot Bulletproof Townie
5.      Vanilla Town
6.      Vanilla Town
7.      Vanilla Town
8.      Vanilla Town
9.      Vanilla Town

Setup D
1.      Mafia Roleblocker
2.      Mafia Goon
3.      1-shot bulletproof Townie
4.      Town Jailkeeper
5.      Vanilla Town
6.      Vanilla Town
7.      Vanilla Town
8.      Vanilla Town
9.      Vanilla Town

Setup E
1.      Mafia Goon
2.      Mafia Goon
3.      Town Tracker
4.      Town Doctor
5.      Vanilla Town
6.      Vanilla Town
7.      Vanilla Town
8.      Vanilla Town
9.      Vanilla Town

Yeah, it looks like the Matrix 6 setups, but can you confirm that it is (ie that all six setups come from the same matrix?)? Because part of the idea of Matrix 6 is not just for the mod to be able to choose the initial setup, but also for players to be able to use the matrix to deduce the setup based on changing information (ie flips) - that's part of the fun of these semi-open setups (is it? or is closed? ... I've forgotten the exact terminology).

(01-06-2021, 07:18 PM)emjay Wrote: Yeah, it looks like the Matrix 6 setups, but can you confirm that it is (ie that all six setups come from the same matrix?)? Because part of the idea of Matrix 6 is not just for the mod to be able to choose the initial setup, but also for players to be able to use the matrix to deduce the setup based on changing information (ie flips) - that's part of the fun of these semi-open setups (is it? or is closed? ... I've forgotten the exact terminology).

I did not get these from a single matrix. I found what appeared to be two lists of simple setups and I took setups that looked manageable for me to run. I planned to let random.org reorder the list A-E and I'd use the setup that landed on the top of the list. 

I mean for players to be able to work out the set-up based this information available to them, and I think that's called semi-open.

Is there a single matrix to use? Would that be better?

(01-06-2021, 08:49 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 07:18 PM)emjay Wrote: Yeah, it looks like the Matrix 6 setups, but can you confirm that it is (ie that all six setups come from the same matrix?)? Because part of the idea of Matrix 6 is not just for the mod to be able to choose the initial setup, but also for players to be able to use the matrix to deduce the setup based on changing information (ie flips) - that's part of the fun of these semi-open setups (is it? or is closed? ... I've forgotten the exact terminology).

I did not get these from a single matrix. I found what appeared to be two lists of simple setups and I took setups that looked manageable for me to run. I planned to let random.org reorder the list A-E and I'd use the setup that landed on the top of the list. 

I mean for players to be able to work out the set-up based this information available to them, and I think that's called semi-open.

Is there a single matrix to use? Would that be better?

Aroura linked to the Matrix 6 Wiki in the Mafia Game Queue thread... basically it's a grid like this:

Code:
  A                  B                 C
1 Jailer         VT                Goon
2 Mafia RB       Cop              Doctor
3 1 shot BP      Goon            Tracker

...where for the initial setup the mod would choose one row or column at random from this matrix and then fill in the rest of the cast as it were with five VTs and one Goon. The setups you've shown look like they're probably from this... they'd be:
1 Jailer, 2 Goons, 6 VTs (your setup A)
2 1 Mafia RB, 1 Goon, Town Cop, Town doctor, 5 VTs (your setup B)
3 1 shot BP, 2 Goons, Tracker, 5 VTs (your setup C)
A Jailer, 1 Shot BP, Mafia RB, 1 Goon, 5 VTs (your D)
B Cop, 2 Goons, 6 VTs
C Doctor, Tracker, 2 Goons, 5 VTs (your E)

Sorry for bringing it up... I didn't mean to be awkward Sad But yeah, it looks your setups are all from Matrix 6, except there's one extra in the matrix, column B, if you wanted to add that Smile Forgive the table alignment above... I've completely forgotten how to format that Blush

(01-06-2021, 09:34 PM)emjay Wrote: Sorry for bringing it up... I didn't mean to be awkward Sad But yeah, it looks your setups are all from Matrix 6, except there's one extra in the matrix, column B, if you wanted to add that Smile Forgive the table alignment above... I've completely forgotten how to format that Blush

Yeah, I had to Alizafy that matrix. Is what I came up with effectively the same thing just with one extra setup? Is it inappropriate for some balance reason to include that extra setup in the possible mix?

(01-06-2021, 09:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 09:34 PM)emjay Wrote: Sorry for bringing it up... I didn't mean to be awkward Sad But yeah, it looks your setups are all from Matrix 6, except there's one extra in the matrix, column B, if you wanted to add that Smile Forgive the table alignment above... I've completely forgotten how to format that Blush

Yeah, I had to Alizafy that matrix. Is what I came up with effectively the same thing just with one extra setup? Is it inappropriate for some balance reason to include that extra setup in the possible mix?

Yeah, I think it's the same thing. I'm afraid I don't know if there's a reason not to include that extra setup. Probably best just to forget I said anything... sometimes my mouth speaks before my brain's had a chance to catch up and I end up over-complicating things, taking things too literally, or just generally putting my foot in my mouth Big Grin So yeah, just go with what you got... full Matrix 6 or not, it's still player deducible Smile
The following 1 user Likes emjay's post:
  • Aliza

Role PMs are going out shortly!
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Aroura

The game starts in just under an hour. Here is the game thread: https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/sho...p?tid=6241
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Mathilda

I'll be going to bed very soon!

OPEN THE THREAD SO I CAN RAGE
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 4 users Like Aegon's post:
  • Pailzor, pocaracas, Tartarus Sauce, Joods

Sorry I missed this. I had been working tons of hours and third shift sucks sometimes. I hope the game was fun!
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 2 users Like Joods's post:
  • KittyAnn, emjay

(03-31-2021, 08:50 AM)Joods Wrote: Sorry I missed this. I had been working tons of hours and third shift sucks sometimes. I hope the game was fun!

Good to see you Joods  Hug, been a long time.
The following 1 user Likes emjay's post:
  • Joods

Aww, man. Necrogame. I was about to ask into the peanut gallery.

PLAY MOAR MAFIA, PPLZ!
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • emjay, Aliza