Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Potato chips, crisps, and fries

What's your favorite?
The following 4 users Like Bcat's post:
  • TonyAnkle, brewerb, Little Lunch, Gwaithmir

(10-11-2020, 10:10 PM)Bcat Wrote: What's your favorite?

Do you mean favourite?
The following 7 users Like TonyAnkle's post:
  • Bcat, Little Lunch, adey67, Deesse23, tomilay, Unsapien, OakTree500

(10-11-2020, 10:18 PM)TonyAnkle Wrote:

Do you mean favourite?

ha ha yup  Tongue

[Image: 81zjqv57p8L._SX425_PIbundle-12,TopRight,...5SH20_.jpg]
On hiatus.
The following 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Bcat, brewerb, TonyAnkle, skyking, Mark, GenesisNemesis, Marozz

I like classic no frills potato chips.  And I like to smoosh them into a sandwich.  That's really the only classy way to eat them  Deadpan Coffee Drinker  Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • TonyAnkle

(10-11-2020, 10:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: [Image: 81zjqv57p8L._SX425_PIbundle-12,TopRight,...5SH20_.jpg]

12 packs! Wow you really do like them  Tongue

I eat french fries maybe once or twice a year. I have taken to slicing potatoes, brushing them with olive oil, baking them, and then eating them with ketchup, but the idea of frying them is just gross. 

I like potato chips sometimes. Not too frequently, and I very rarely buy them myself. I usually only eat them if someone else brings them into my vicinity. 

I suppose baked potatoes served in the style of fries is my favorite, but my real favorite are brussels sprouts! It's just that brussels sprouts weren't an option.
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Bcat, TonyAnkle, GenesisNemesis

Chips

[Image: Ruffles-Reduced-Fat.png]

Crisps

[Image: Ritz.jpeg]

Fries

[Image: c9075b4b-23b5-4cba-8a67-ed0367adf9a9-80_...-Fries.jpg]

Ritz also has a baked chip the we like, less fat.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 3 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Bcat, TonyAnkle, TheGentlemanBastard

So if a potato chip is a crisp and a fry is a chip, what do you call a crispy fry? Wink

(10-11-2020, 10:23 PM)Bcat Wrote: So if a potato chip is a crisp and a fry is a chip, what do you call a crispy fry? Wink

[Image: 71uTzLdqW1L._SL1500_.jpg]
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Bcat, Dom

I wonder if I can sneak a post about chips into one of the Trump threads.
The following 4 users Like TonyAnkle's post:
  • Bcat, Thumpalumpacus, adey67, Deesse23

(10-11-2020, 10:21 PM)Bcat Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 10:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: [Image: 81zjqv57p8L._SX425_PIbundle-12,TopRight,...5SH20_.jpg]

12 packs! Wow you really do like them  Tongue

lol, I buy them at HEB, not Amazon, just grabbed the pic. But damn, are they good.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Bcat

I genuinely adore "steak fries", which are those ginormous French fries, especially with celery salt. The kind one gets with fish and chips. I haven't had any in a dog's age, though. I don't like the kettle chips, as they are way too hard for my preference. Maybe I'll split a hot pastrami from The Hat with one of my spawn on his next day off. They have those kind of fries.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Bcat, TonyAnkle

(10-11-2020, 10:23 PM)brewerb Wrote: Chips

[Image: Ruffles-Reduced-Fat.png]

Crisps

[Image: Ritz.jpeg]

Fries

[Image: c9075b4b-23b5-4cba-8a67-ed0367adf9a9-80_...-Fries.jpg]

Ritz also has a baked chip the we like, less fat.

I would classify those, respectively, as chips, crackers, and crap even I won't put in my body. Tongue
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 3 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Aliza, Bcat, brewerb

(10-12-2020, 01:51 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: I would classify those, respectively, as chips, crackers, and crap even I won't put in my body. Tongue

One persons crap ..............
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Bcat

Depends on what they are accompanying.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Bcat

[Image: 5f11c471f0f419303616a1fe?width=1136&format=jpeg]

and

[Image: GUEST_3dd2920d-7a0a-41b7-bdaa-8536929f02...0&fmt=webp]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis

Ummm....OK....so I am from Trumpistan, and so we don't use the term "crisps", usually. That's most of the other anglophones. I think. Dunno.

So, I'll say that I do love steak fries with ketchup and/or mayo. They need to be crispy, and not oily. I used to have fries several times weekly in the 00's. Nowadays I don't eat much that goes with fries (fried clams were my favorite main with fries, but burgers were good, too). I still like them, though. Having relatives in Canada now, I want to try poutine. But I'll need to make me a batch. I taught myself to do funeral potatoes, which are mostly in Mormon or Utah circles.

And I always have Deep River kettle chips whenever I pick up sushi at the supermarket, which is at least weekly (usually with tiramisu cake or lemon curd cheesecake to finish it off).

If I could figure out how to do a good roti wrap, I would augment that with shoestring fries. With ketchup until I figure out how to do a Dutch-Malay peanut sauce (pindasaus).
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Bcat

(10-12-2020, 02:30 AM)c172 Wrote: Ummm....OK....so I am from Trumpistan, and so we don't use the term "crisps", usually. That's most of the other anglophones. I think. Dunno.

So, I'll say that I do love steak fries with ketchup and/or mayo. They need to be crispy, and not oily. I used to have fries several times weekly in the 00's. Nowadays I don't eat much that goes with fries (fried clams were my favorite main with fries, but burgers were good, too). I still like them, though. Having relatives in Canada now, I want to try poutine. But I'll need to make me a batch. I taught myself to do funeral potatoes, which are mostly in Mormon or Utah circles.

And I always have Deep River kettle chips whenever I pick up sushi at the supermarket, which is at least weekly (usually with tiramisu cake or lemon curd cheesecake to finish it off).

If I could figure out how to do a good roti wrap, I would augment that with shoestring fries. With ketchup until I figure out how to do a Dutch-Malay peanut sauce (pindasaus).

What are funeral potatoes?
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

The Mormons like to have dinners after funerals, and somebody will always bring funeral potatoes. Essentially hash browns or other breakfast potatoes, cheese, cream soup of some type, sour cream, and mix it all up and bake it. Ritz or corn flake crumbs, with butter, on top.

One recip here, but there are many:

http://www.make-it-do.com/cook-it-bake-i...-potatoes/
Is this sig thing on?
The following 3 users Like c172's post:
  • Bcat, TheGentlemanBastard, Little Lunch

My favorite chips are O-rings.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat

(10-12-2020, 02:32 AM)Bcat Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 02:30 AM)c172 Wrote: Ummm....OK....so I am from Trumpistan, and so we don't use the term "crisps", usually. That's most of the other anglophones. I think. Dunno.

What are funeral potatoes?

It's not just Mormons. "Funeral Potatoes" is the local name in Utah for a potato casserole, a dish served all over the country under differing regional names with some local variations on the theme. I ate them growing up in California, Missouri, Arkansas, and Oregon, both mom's recipes and local recipes she got from friends and neighbors.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Bcat

I like 'Thins' light and tangy flavour and 'Twisties' zig zag wicked cheddar flavour.
I like to alternate between Cadbury's peppermint chocolate and either of the chips.
In Australia, packet chips are called chips and hot chips are called chips.
If someone is confused you say hot chips or not hot chips. :-)
The following 2 users Like Little Lunch's post:
  • Bcat, SYZ

Chips: the ones from a fish and chip shop with salt, onion vinegar and ketchup.

Crisps: Walkers special edition hedgehog flavour were my favourite but they no longer do them so I'd have to say its a choice between Bobby's cheese snacks (cheetos by any other name but very heavy on the salt which I like) or Twiglets (long wholemeal snacks baked in an oven and flavoured with marmite which as the name suggests look like knobbly twigs).
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Bcat

[Image: webp&background-color=FFFFFF]
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • Bcat