Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your breakfast go to?

I'm not usually a breakfast person (I usually just have a latte) but now since I have more time, I'm curious to hear what everyone eats in the am to get some ideas Smile
The following 2 users Like Bcat's post:
  • Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis

Smoothie, usually with banana, avocado or pineapple, oats, honey, Greek yogurt and full fat cow milk.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 4 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis, Alan V, Thumpalumpacus

I initially bought a lot of breakfast foods like oatmeal, waffles, and pancakes, to try to jumpstart my breakfast habit. I've found though, that I'm more likely to eat breakfast if I just eat normal, non-breakfast type foods for breakfast.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Bcat

I get off work at 7:00 am, get home and eat my one meal of the day which usually isn't breakfast at all.
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Bcat, Mark

On work days it's oatmeal, on weekends I might just have an everything bagel w/cream cheese instead.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Bcat, Aroura

Lots of different things: Oatmeal (whole rolled or steal cut groats, depending on time), cottage cheese and fruit, plain yogurt with fruit, avocado on toast, or scrambled eggs or western omelet for my husband. On weekends I might make whole wheat pancakes or french toast.
The following 2 users Like Aroura's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Bcat

Oatmeal, with pecans in it, most days. Sometimes its toast and a tin of sardines, like this morning, because I get bored with oatmeal all the time. About twice a month, tops, I'll have bacon and eggs.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Aroura, Bcat, GenesisNemesis

Tea and toast.   The cup is a circle and the toast is square-ish so it has a nice aesthetic.  Makes for a purdy picture.   Big Grin

[Image: 9ac683ae6b24959909dd2d3e6b40f22f.jpg]
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Mark, Bcat, Alan V, GenesisNemesis

I cook two cups of steel cut oatmeal in 8 cups of water and store it in a a pyrex dish with a lid. It lasts most of a week for the two of us. When it runs out, as it did today, I'll make rice and eggs while I cook the next batch of oatmeal. In my oatmeal lately I've been having dates, walnuts and half a banana. But last time I was at Safeway they had kumquats so I'm adding three of those quartered too. I heat it with all that stuff in it for 2.5 minutes in the microwave then put a little 2% milk over it. Breakfast is served. Lately I've been eating a couple tangerines after. Normally I'm careful with those things because they give me mucho potent gas. But no Pilates class since the plague started so screw it. The dogs appreciate me all the more.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Bcat

Biscuits and gravy.
Egg whites, turkey, swiss, pepper, mayo, toasted everything bagel.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Bcat

One cup of coffee... my heart-starter.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Bcat, Dancefortwo, adey67

Buttermilk.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat

Biscuits and gravy or hash browns, but only when eating out.

When hanging at home I don't have breakfast unless you count the cream/sugar in my coffee.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Bcat

Many mornings my breakfast is four k-pods. Food is for later. (Does scotch count as food?)
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat

I do have a new go-to that I like now that I have Rapid Ramen cookers. Ramen Rancheros. Ramen, egg, cilantro, and sriracha sauce. Three minutes in the microwave, and it's oh so good.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Bcat, Mark

Couple times a week I make nice breakfast burritos. Otherwise improvise with whatever is laying around, cereal, waffle etc.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Bcat

Rarely a breakfast-eater. When I do, it's usually an Instant Lunch cup'o'noodles with butter and Zatarain's Hot Sauce thrown in. Every so often a breakfast taco or muffin with bacon and cheese.

But mostly it's 130-octane coffee followed by a drive to work. There might be a cigarette involved.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Bcat, Dānu, Mark

(04-16-2020, 09:45 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Buttermilk.

Buttermilk?   OMG...barrrrrrf!
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat, Thumpalumpacus, Mark, SYZ

(04-16-2020, 07:55 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

Sixty-four years ago I go a cup of buttermilk straight from the churn, still warm, with flakes of butter in it.
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat, Dom

99.9% of the time breakfast consists of a cup of instant coffee and that's it (usually I have only one meal a day in the evening) my favourite breakfast when I do have it is a full English, egg, bacon, sausage, grilled tomatoes, baked beans, black pudding, mushrooms & grilled lambs kidneys but that's an awful performance so my go to breakfast is a plain omelette with fine herbs.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Bcat

Most of the time, my breakfast is nothing more than one or two cups of coffee. Once in a great while I might splurge and buy some glazed donuts.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Bcat, adey67

Chase it down with a Coors Light ... probably the only time a Coors has been useful.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Bcat, Fireball, Dancefortwo, adey67

I don't normally have breakfast, but when I do, I have bacon and eggs. (I am on a low carb diet and don't do starch, and veggies and strawberries or such go better with lunch or dinner).
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Bcat, adey67

(04-16-2020, 09:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

Chase it down with a Coors Light ... probably the only time a Coors has been useful.

Dodgy Smile
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Bcat, Thumpalumpacus

Cereal with milk. Boring, like most of my life.
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Bcat