Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My big adventure

My big adventure
Thread moved to blog it here
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 2 users Like abaris's post:
  • RobbyPants, c172

My big adventure
(02-11-2021, 07:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: I guess moving to southern anything was an improvement for you.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

My younger daughter is still friends with the girl in her class who lived a few houses down from us. They tend to face-time each other most days and play Roblox. I heard this morning that school was canceled up there on account of being too cold. According to my phone, it's -30C there.
The following 2 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Deesse23, Dom

My big adventure
Well, my wife just got a job yesterday, too! We both start on Tuesday (Monday is a federal holiday). My wife will be teaching part time, remotely, which will be nice.
The following 6 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Revenant77x, Deesse23, Fireball, jerry mcmasters, Dom, Phaedrus

My big adventure
(02-14-2021, 04:08 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: Well, my wife just got a job yesterday, too! We both start on Tuesday (Monday is a federal holiday). My wife will be teaching part time, remotely, which will be nice.

That is great news, congratulations.
The following 2 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • RobbyPants, Fireball

My big adventure
(02-14-2021, 04:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote: That is great news, congratulations.

Thanks! It's a load off knowing we're both employed, now.
The following 4 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Revenant77x, Dom, Fireball, Deesse23

My big adventure
Very cool, really glad you landed on your feet. Getting to live in the frozen north? Priceless. Getting to leave it? Equally good Big Grin
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(02-11-2021, 07:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: I guess moving to southern anything was an improvement for you.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Idk, maybe it's just me but moving to anything that isn't Michigan is an improvement. I hate it here.
The following 2 users Like JDog554's post:
  • RobbyPants, skyking

My big adventure
(02-15-2021, 09:05 AM)JDog554 Wrote: Idk, maybe it's just me but moving to anything that isn't Michigan is an improvement. I hate it here.

I was going to say "I like Michigan", but I guess it's more like I'm used to Michigan and I have a lot of friends and family there. Still, I definitely feel America is worse for having Trump as president for four years, and I don't see it seriously improving in the near future.
  • Phaedrus, JDog554

My big adventure
(02-15-2021, 01:42 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: I was going to say "I like Michigan", but I guess it's more like I'm used to Michigan and I have a lot of friends and family there. Still, I definitely feel America is worse for having Trump as president for four years, and I don't see it seriously improving in the near future.

You did the smart thing by getting out. Imagine the cries of those who refused to believe things could get so bad that they stayed?

I'd have to see how the next presidential election fairs before I officially make a decision. Imagine someone worse than Trump. The Republican presidential elects do keep getting worse, after all.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(02-15-2021, 01:42 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: I definitely feel America is worse for having Trump as president for four years, and I don't see it seriously improving in the near future.

Yep, we done got fucked.
The following 2 users Like JDog554's post:
  • RobbyPants, Dom

My big adventure
So the housing market in southern Ontario is goddamn ridiculous. A combination of people who can work remote moving from the more expensive greater Toronto area as well as low interest rates allowing people to buy more houses and gut them into rentals is driving the cost of houses a lot. House prices are already historically high and are frequently selling for $200,000 over asking.

Fhak.
The following 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post:
  • Dom

My big adventure
[Image: ENs-D_2UEAAIpXu.png]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(03-28-2021, 04:43 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: So the housing market in southern Ontario is goddamn ridiculous. A combination of people who can work remote moving from the more expensive greater Toronto area as well as low interest rates allowing people to buy more houses and gut them into rentals is driving the cost of houses a lot. House prices are already historically high and are frequently selling for $200,000 over asking.

Fhak.

been there, done that.....want my t-shirt?
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
We put in an offer on a townhouse and it was accepted! These things aren't going quite as crazy as detached houses because investors can't snatch up, gut, and convert condos they way they can with houses. That helps with demand.

So, we found a really nice place with an unusually large yard and deck for the area. The layout is nice and helps hide the fact that it's a townhouse. Also, everything inside is up to date and we'd be able to just move in. This is a big change from all the renovation projects we're used to.

An odd side note, it's not really cost effective to just buy a fixer-upper these days. Because investors want to gut and convert them, anyway, they're selling for almost the same price as nicer houses! This crazy market.
  • Dom, jerry mcmasters

My big adventure
Yes, in Seattle they sell half million dollar tear downs for the lot.
test signature

My big adventure
That's been going on for some time. I used to work in Redondo Beach. Old 2-bedroom homes sold for $1/4M in the '80s were demolished and a pair of two-story homes built on the same lot. They were called "scrapers", because that's all the builders did- scrape them off and build new.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

My big adventure
I am posting from our new house! I just set up the internet a few minutes ago. We'll be moving furniture from the rental incrementally. I may work from here tomorrow.

It's weird to think that we left the community up north four months ago to this day. A lot has changed since then!
  • Fireball, jerry mcmasters

My big adventure
(05-03-2021, 09:27 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: I am posting from our new house! I just set up the internet a few minutes ago. We'll be moving furniture from the rental incrementally. I may work from here tomorrow.

It's weird to think that we left the community up north four months ago to this day. A lot has changed since then!

Yay! We will need pictures and the story.  Thumbs Up
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(05-03-2021, 09:27 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: I am posting from our new house! I just set up the internet a few minutes ago. We'll be moving furniture from the rental incrementally. I may work from here tomorrow.

Just think now they are transitioning from fly number two season to small mosquito season up there.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(05-03-2021, 09:52 PM)Dom Wrote: Yay! We will need pictures and the story.  Thumbs Up

In a few days. We're still settling in. I did work my first day from the new house, today!

(05-03-2021, 10:51 PM)skyking Wrote: Just think now they are transitioning from fly number two season to small mosquito season up there.

Oh my god, I do not miss those black flies.
  • Dom, skyking

My big adventure
Worman Law LLC
222 S Meraamec Ave Suite 203
St. Louis MO 63105
(314) 695-9529
Crimial Defense Attorney St Louis County

My big adventure
(10-27-2023, 03:18 PM)Tiffiny Wrote: Worman Law LLC
St. Louis MO 63105
(314) 695-9529

You posted this because Consider
You're an attorney?
Or a defendant?
The accused?
A victim?
The attorney named Worman?
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • RobbyPants

My big adventure
(10-27-2023, 04:08 PM)Chas Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 03:18 PM)Tiffiny Wrote: Worman Law LLC
St. Louis MO 63105
(314) 695-9529

You posted this because Consider
You're an attorney?
Or a defendant?
The accused?
A victim?
The attorney named Worman?

It says criminal defense attorney. Tiffiny just might be the adventure. Whistling
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

My big adventure
Aaand I said "what about breakfast at Tiffany's"

My big adventure
Oh, cool! My thread got resurrected by spam!

Yeah, I'm still here, in the same place in southern Ontario. Working from home at the same job.

My girls are a couple years older. My eldest is going to a magnet school for art, which is great for her.
The following 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post:
  • brewerb

[-]
Quick Reply