Atheist Discussion
Don't hug me, I'm scared - Printable Version

+- Atheist Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: Don't hug me, I'm scared (/showthread.php?tid=6566)

Don't hug me, I'm scared - Teddy - 05-05-2021

Hello, my name is Teddy. I'm an atheist and I am looking to branch out and get involved in communities of like-minded people. At least on the "there's no god" aspect. I am surrounded by theists and I find it hard to connect with them about the things I like or things that matter to me. But that's the good thing about the internet, right? You can make friends who aren't physically present.

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - skyking - 05-05-2021

Welcome !

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Dom - 05-05-2021

Hi there and welcome! Many here are in the same boat as you. Make yourself at home!  Thumbs Up

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Thumpalumpacus - 05-05-2021

Hiyas, and welcome.

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Bucky Ball - 05-05-2021

Did you know Pooh ?

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Szuchow - 05-05-2021

Welcome.

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - airportkid - 05-05-2021

(05-05-2021, 01:24 AM)Teddy Wrote: You can make friends who aren't physically present.

Believe me, there're many on this planet who aren't, in fact, present, in various senses of that word, but, yes, there're many paths to friendships, at all definitions of that word, in the buzz of anonymous electrons herein, so welcome!  Sun

Have you got an opening idea you'd like to take off your jacket and set out on the table?  Or several?

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - jerry mcmasters - 05-05-2021

Howdy Teddy!

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - SYZ - 05-05-2021

G'day mate, and welcome to the forum.     Sun

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Minimalist - 05-05-2021

Quote: You can make friends who aren't physically present.

Sometimes they are the best kind.  They can't annoy you to help them move a couch or something.

Welcome.

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Gwaithmir - 05-05-2021

Welcome

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Teddy - 05-05-2021

(05-05-2021, 03:02 AM)airportkid Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 01:24 AM)Teddy Wrote: You can make friends who aren't physically present.

Believe me, there're many on this planet who aren't, in fact, present, in various senses of that word, but, yes, there're many paths to friendships, at all definitions of that word, in the buzz of anonymous electrons herein, so welcome!  Sun

Have you got an opening idea you'd like to take off your jacket and set out on the table?  Or several?

I had one in particular that urged me to sign up last night but I'm still getting my thoughts together.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Deesse23 - 05-05-2021

Hug

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - TheGentlemanBastard - 05-05-2021

[Image: welcome_train.gif]

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Kim - 05-06-2021

Hello, Teddy. Welcome to the forum. Smile

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Dancefortwo - 05-06-2021

Welcome, Mr Bear.   I'm assuming that's your last name.    Winking     Please correct me if I'm wrong.

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - Aliza - 05-06-2021

Welcome Teddy!

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - no one - 05-06-2021

Tacos?

They're better than hugs.

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - airportkid - 05-07-2021

(05-06-2021, 03:17 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Welcome, Mr Bear.   I'm assuming that's your last name.

I thought it might be Sezown-Liukin-Pruhvenn-Phourice-Phyrz, Jr. and so was omitted for brevity.  Either that or Roosevelt.  Tongue

RE: Don't hug me, I'm scared - OakTree500 - 05-07-2021

Welcome aboard!