Atheist Discussion
Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Printable Version

+- Atheist Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Coffee House (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+--- Forum: Mafia! (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Mafia Signups (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia (/showthread.php?tid=2424)

Pages: 1 2

Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - EvieTheAvocado - 01-09-2019

Welcome to

Chocolate Mafia!

[Image: i-demand-chocolate.jpg]

This will be a standard game with standard roles (the theme is purely for fun and has zero effect on gameplay). It will be a semi-open setup in that I won't say which roles are being used for the game but the available roles are the following:

Possible Roles For Town

Vanilla Townie
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Jailkeeper
Tracker
Innocent Child
Vigilante

Possible Roles For Scum

Goon
Encryptor
Rolecop
Roleblocker
Tracker

I can run the game with anywhere between 7 and 14 players. I've already completed it for 9 players but I can easily modify it for more or fewer players.

Black bold text=mandatory player slots. Blue bold text=additional player slots.

Player 1: Schrodinger's Outlaw
Player 2: Smercury44
Player 3: Mathilda
Player 4: TheGulegon
Player 5: Aliza
Player 6: Vosur
Player 7: pocaracas
Player 8: mlmooney89
Player 9: Assassin
Player 10:
Player 11:
Player 12:
Player 13:
Player 14:

I'll post the standard game rules once we have enough players and have decided on a start date.

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Schrodinger's Outlaw - 01-09-2019

I would like to play

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Smercury44 - 01-09-2019

I’ll play this one!

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Paleophyte - 01-09-2019

I've played the last three, so I think I'll watch this one from the peanut gallery.

And may the gods have mercy on those of you who come between Aliza and her chocolate.

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Mathilda - 01-09-2019

Sign me up please.

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - TheGulegon - 01-09-2019

Time's up, let's do this!
Leerooooy nnJenkiiiiins!

That^ means sign me up. Tongue

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Aliza - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 10:47 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: I've played the last three, so I think I'll watch this one from the peanut gallery.

And may the gods have mercy on those of you who come between Aliza and her chocolate.

Actually I don't much care for chocolate. Peanut butter is my thing. 

Sign me up, @EvieTheAvocado!

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Smercury44 - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 11:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:47 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: I've played the last three, so I think I'll watch this one from the peanut gallery.

@EvieTheAvocado is there peanut butter in the middle of those chocolate muffins you got there? Tongue

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Paleophyte - 01-10-2019

(01-09-2019, 11:38 PM)Aliza Wrote: Actually I don't much care for chocolate. Peanut butter is my thing.

I knew about the peanut butter but I thought you had a chocolate thing too. My shoddy memory I guess.

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - EvieTheAvocado - 01-10-2019

(01-09-2019, 11:46 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 11:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:

@EvieTheAvocado is there peanut butter in the middle of those chocolate muffins you got there? Tongue

Who knows!

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - TheGulegon - 01-10-2019

@Aliza 
If it's any relief, that color looks like when I churn up Reeces PB cups, into a paste, for use in some outlandish candy. Tongue 

Mix up the deep brown of the chocolate, and the light brown of the peanut butter = PeaChoco Butter. Shy

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Aliza - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 12:42 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 11:38 PM)Aliza Wrote: Actually I don't much care for chocolate. Peanut butter is my thing.

I knew about the peanut butter but I thought you had a chocolate thing too. My shoddy memory I guess.

Nah, that was Jennybee. I've actually developed a distaste for chocolate over the years, but I can take it (even enjoy it) in small doses. If I'm going to have it, I prefer the dark, bittersweet variety.

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Vosur - 01-10-2019

I'm game. Cool

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - pocaracas - 01-10-2019

I have 3 weeks available... So I guess I can play this one Big Grin
Hit me up, evie!

Right, so at least 9 players is recommended but 7 or 8 is minimum and we already have 7. I'll give it a while for others to join and then I'll start.

Should I give it a day? And start tomorrow at 9.PM GMT if we have no more sign-ups? Sound good?

EDIT: I guess I could send out the confirmations at around 11. AM GMT tomorrow, and post the game thread ... but still leave this sign-up thread open until 9.PM GMT which is when I want the game to start. How does that sound? I don't think I'll need any confirmations from anyone who signs up that late because I'll assume that if they sign-up that late to play then they're ready to play later on in the day. In fact I'll make it clear "If you sign up, be prepared to start today at 9.PM GMT". (With the exception that if an 8th person signs up today then they should assume that the game will start at 9.PM GMT tomorrow because I am gonna try and get 9. Hope that's clear).

I will have to go to an ICT course tomorrow at 12.PM GMT but I'll only be gone a few hours and I'll be back long before 9.PM.

Of course, if I don't get 7 confirmations before 9 PM. GMT tomorrow then I'll just postpone the game by a day and keep doing that until I do. I need at least 7 confirmations but anyone who signs up after that shall expect to play on the day they sign-up. (But if one other person signs up today I'll give it a day for one person).

I hope that this is clear rather than confusing! If not maybe Smerc can translate? She seems good at being my translator, lol.

Nevermind Mooney says she can't get on AD for another hour but she's asked me on Skype to sign her up.

So basically I'll just try to get one more player before 9.PM GMT tomorrow. I'll send out the confirmations right away but anyone else who signs up should be prepared to play for 9.PM GMT tomorrow. I'll work on the game thread right away.

I've now sent out all 8 confirmation PMs.

2/8 already confirmed.

I'll get some lunch, a coffee and write up the game thread now. I'll make it clear as a disclaimer at the top of the game thread that sign-ups are still open for more players but anyone else who signs-up should be prepared to start at 9.PM GMT tomorrow and shouldn't need a confirmation.

EDIT: Scratch that. I will wait for 8 confirmations first. That way if anyone else does join ready to start tomorrow and we don't have all 8 confirmations and the game ends up being postponed then they aren't confused at the fact that the game didn't start tomorrow, and they then probably would need a confirmation if it didn't start when it was supposed to.

I'll still do that disclaimer at the top of the game thread once I post it, saying that sign-ups are still open for more players but instead I'll just make it clear that they have to be ready to start at 9.PM GMT of whatever day they sign-up on (excluding today, I'll give it at least a day) ... and I'll not write up the sign-up thread until I've had all 8 confirmations.

4/8 confirmed.

By the way, Staff, I'll need some help with how to give Mafia their own thread and how to do the password for the peanut gallery for my game ... as I have no idea how that works as it wasn't even a thing until last game!

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - Aliza - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 02:50 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: By the way, Staff, I'll need some help with how to give Mafia their own thread and how to do the password for the peanut gallery for my game ... as I have no idea how that works as it wasn't even a thing until last game!

Of course, I'll set everything up tonight and maybe @Dom will manage it. I'll show her how.

5/8 confirmed.

Wow, 62.5% of people are confirmed already and I sent them out less than half an hour ago!

6/8 confirmed.

RE: Mafia Game #4 Sign-Ups—Chocolate mafia - TheGulegon - 01-10-2019

Quick lunch. Got time for a confirmation.

Don't know why I gotta, tho. I'm way past 14, and I ain't even Catholic!  Chuckle

7/8 confirmed.