Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappy UK exports to the USA

(06-18-2022, 10:28 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: Majo with french fries is the one unforgivable sin.

I'm glad you're not a god. I'd go to hell for some fries with good mayo. Even better with truffle salt or a truffle aioli.

(06-18-2022, 05:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(06-18-2022, 04:35 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: My '78 Triumph Spitfire says "Bite Me," from the garage where it's currently broken down. ROFL2

My stepdad Bob had a TR-7 that would take a week off on a regular basis.

Yeah, but it was a very reliable doorstop.
The following 2 users Like isbelldl's post:
  • Deesse23, Cavebear

(06-19-2022, 08:14 PM)isbelldl Wrote:
(06-18-2022, 10:28 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: Majo with french fries is the one unforgivable sin.

I'm glad you're not a god. I'd go to hell for some fries with good mayo. Even better with truffle salt or a truffle aioli.

(06-18-2022, 05:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: My stepdad Bob had a TR-7 that would take a week off on a regular basis.

Yeah, but it was a very reliable doorstop.

Big door.
It reminds me of an old story often told over here.

An American bloke lands at Manchester airport and hails a taxi, he gets in and gives the driver his destination address.
Two minutes into the journey he makes a comment about how narrow the motorway is and tells the driver how the roads back in the states are much bigger.
A minute later they pass a college, he scoffs at the size of the campus and comments that the whole of the college would fit into the dining hall of the college that he attended.
Minutes later they pass a large hospital, the passenger comments that back in the states the hospitals are three times larger.
The driver pulls over, gets out of the car and takes a piss..

The rest of the journey is silent.
The passenger gets out at the hotel and thanks the driver, he goes to his room and settles in for the night.
Just as he is dropping off to sleep he hears the sound of glass smashing outside of his room, he slips out of bed, puts on his slippers and gown and walks slowly to the door.

(06-19-2022, 08:14 PM)isbelldl Wrote: Yeah, but it was a very reliable stop.

Fix'd for accuracy.
On hiatus.

(06-19-2022, 08:14 PM)isbelldl Wrote: [quote="Deesse23" pid='364506' dateline='1655548139']
Majo with french fries is the one unforgivable sin.

I sometimes enjoy mayo with fries. The whole point of fries is to have "some" taste to go along with them. I usually like ketchup, but have tried mayo and ailoli (if that means mayo lemon and mustard). Tried chinese mustard too. WHEW, that was hot!

And I fry my potatoes in various ways. Sliced, stringed, and smashed (with a heavy pan) and then fried like pancakes. If you like a flavor, it's legitimate. LOL!
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

(06-17-2022, 07:03 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Supernanny. Gordon Ramsay. Jeremy Kyle.

They've all made a fortune by crossing the pond. I didn't like any of the knobheads when they had their TV series over here..

Does anyone watch their tripe and actually enjoy it?

Us brits don't like those people, so we send them over to you hoping they will stay there.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 3 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Cavebear, Dancefortwo, Thingymebob

(06-20-2022, 10:20 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 07:03 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Supernanny. Gordon Ramsay. Jeremy Kyle.

They've all made a fortune by crossing the pond. I didn't like any of the knobheads when they had their TV series over here..

Does anyone watch their tripe and actually enjoy it?

Us brits don't like those people, so we send them over to you hoping they will stay there.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

They have a fine but obnoxious future here. Fox News, One America, etc. And we tax their income less than you do. If we threw in a Russian oligarch's yacht, would you take them back? Pretty please (and with with sprinkles)?
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Thingymebob, OakTree500

Well Thingy, I posted this video over in the "Cars running on water" thread and realized this lovely British guy said it had a Triumph motor so I thought I'd post it over here too.  Enjoy.   Big Grin

T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, TheGentlemanBastard, Thingymebob

(06-20-2022, 04:06 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Well Thingy, I posted this video over in the "Cars running on water" thread and realized this lovely British guy said it had a Triumph motor so I thought I'd post it over here too.  Enjoy.   Big Grin

That's unbelievable, what sort of a name is Kerry Cheese?
Car's cool though.
The following 1 user Likes Thingymebob's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(06-20-2022, 09:45 PM)Thingymebob Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 04:06 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Well Thingy, I posted this video over in the "Cars running on water" thread and realized this lovely British guy said it had a Triumph motor so I thought I'd post it over here too.  Enjoy.   Big Grin

That's unbelievable, what sort of a name is Kerry Cheese?
Car's cool though.

I sorta read a little bit about that car.  One source said there were only 400 of those cars made.  They were manufactured in Germany in 1964 and there are only a few left today....probably because most of them are at the bottom of a lake somewhere.  They're a sort of a unique collector car and worth more now because there are so few of them left.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Thingymebob

Have seen one in a museum and once on a veteran car meeting. Not necessarily ugly I have to say. 60s design.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • Thingymebob

You guys can keep Jeremy Clarkson though.

He's a real wanker!
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Thingymebob

(06-19-2022, 08:14 PM)isbelldl Wrote:

The latest food fashion among the 20 somethings is French fries with Ranch dressing.  It's so popular on the West Coast of the US that fast food places have Ranch dressing in the despensers along with the ketchup, mustard and mayo.   Go figure.
                                                         T4618
  • Dānu

(06-21-2022, 02:44 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 08:14 PM)isbelldl Wrote: I'm glad you're not a god. I'd go to hell for some fries with good mayo. Even better with truffle salt or a truffle aioli.

The latest food fashion among the 20 somethings is French fries with Ranch dressing.  It's so popular on the West Coast of the US that fast food places have Ranch dressing in the despensers along with the ketchup, mustard and mayo.   Go figure.

Eh, we've been doing that for decades. It's nothing new. I remember restaurants in the early 2000s selling fries with bacon & cheese on top and ranch dip on the side. It's delicious. I'd tell you to try it, but maybe it's better to not find out something that unhealthy is also that tasty.

I've been dipping fries (when I eat them) in Bob's Big Boy Bleu Cheese dressing for decades.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Mushy peas, dip them in mushy peas. What's wrong with you people?  Tongue
  • Dancefortwo

(06-21-2022, 02:54 PM)isbelldl Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 02:44 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: The latest food fashion among the 20 somethings is French fries with Ranch dressing.  It's so popular on the West Coast of the US that fast food places have Ranch dressing in the despensers along with the ketchup, mustard and mayo.   Go figure.

Eh, we've been doing that for decades. It's nothing new. I remember restaurants in the early 2000s selling fries with bacon & cheese on top and ranch dip on the side. It's delicious. I'd tell you to try it, but maybe it's better to not find out something that unhealthy is also that tasty.

Yes but do you dip your PIZZA in Ranch dressing?  That's the real question here.   My kids dip their pizza in ranch dressing.  Blah!
                                                         T4618

(06-21-2022, 08:16 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Mushy peas, dip them in mushy peas. What's wrong with you people?  Tongue

Dipping French fries in mushy peas??   I've been waiting a long, long time to use this barf emoji and now I think I've found the perfect opportunity.  

So  ------------>    Barf
                                                         T4618
  • Fireball

(06-21-2022, 08:40 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 08:16 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Mushy peas, dip them in mushy peas. What's wrong with you people?  Tongue

Dipping French fries in mushy peas??   I've been waiting a long, long time to use this barf emoji and now I think I've found the perfect opportunity.  

So  ------------>    Barf

Chips mushy peas and a jumbo sausage...
It's like paradise in a plastic tray.
  • Dancefortwo

At risk of going off topic, one of my favorite BBQ places makes a dish they call the El Segundo. It's rice, mac & cheese, fries, pulled pork, spicy mayo, onions, cilantro, & a lime wedge. I also add spicy BBQ sauce. It's my ideal way to eat fries.
[Image: 306.jpg]