Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now for something completely different....

I like to read oddball stuff on the internet.  From the first page of the Doomsday Book from 1086:

Name: King William the Conqueror

Type: Male

Places owned before the Conquest :   0

Places owned after the Conquest:  2360

From page 23:

Name: Berner the bowman

Places owned before the Conquest:  0

Places owned after the Conquest: 12

From Page 229:

Name:  Queen Edith

Type:  Female

Places owned before the Conquest: 238

Places owned after the Conquest: 0

From page 222:

Name:  Merleswein the Sheriff

Places owned before the Conquest: 71

And finally, from the same page, 222:

Name: Pigman, one

Places owned before the Conquest: 6

My conclusion:  IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING!    

For your viewing pleasure.......  
https://opendomesday.org/name/

PS.  I have no real reason to post this but then I thought, what the hell.    Smile
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, GenesisNemesis

I've used Stumbleupon to find all sorts of random stuff on the internet. Not sure if it's still a popular tool or not.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I'm relieved that you haven't purchased a copy of the Domesday Book for home perusal.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I have an aunt named Edith, and a cousin named Pigman.

Only one of those statements are true.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(05-24-2022, 01:52 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I have an aunt named Edith, and a cousin named Pigman.

Only one of those statements are true.

Hey, doesn't Gawdzilla Sama have a cousin named Pigman?  Seems like he does.  

Speaking of ants.  Here's something else you all should know. Ants sleep.  Yes.  They seep throughout the day for about a minute or so.  

https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/do-ants-ever-sleep/

WAKE UP LITTLE ANT!

I'll be back later with some more really stupid stuff to post.  As Douglas MacArthur once said,  "I shall return".
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dom

(05-24-2022, 02:26 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: They seep throughout the day for about a minute or so.  

What do they seep into, and how do they regroup so they can do that little marching thing?
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Is it better to have your blinds turned up or down?
Quote:When the blinds are turned up, that is, the rounded side faces out, there’s better light control as there are minimal gaps between the slats. Want to enjoy restful sleep in the middle of the day? Turn your blinds up. This direction is better for improved privacy too, as minimized gaps between the slats don’t allow curious passersby to view the inside of the house.

• Thumpalumpacus

(05-24-2022, 02:51 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: What do they seep into, and how do they regroup so they can do that little marching thing?

Geez....my keys are sticking.  I swear I hit the "L" key.  I swear it.  S LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  eep.    There ya go. I really do know how to spell sleep.

On another note......

Death by wallpaper.  

[Image: arsenic-poisoning.jpg]

The Victorians used arsnic in the green color of their wallpaper causing all sorts of health problems.  Small children died and housewives became ill.     But not to worry, it was only in  green colored wallpaper.  Too bad green was the most  popular color for about 20 years.   Those silly Victorians. 

[Image: pg_178-79_green.jpg]
                                                         T4618
  • Phaedrus, Gwaithmir, Thumpalumpacus

Probably should have put this over here instead of making a new thread.

@Dom can you move it and get rid of the thread I created?

And.....      Big Grin

[Image: Toilet_paper_orientation_over-under.jpg]

Definitely "over" in our household!
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23

(05-24-2022, 10:34 AM)SYZ Wrote: And.....      Big Grin

In the original patent design, it shows a picture of the paper being over. Therefore, those who do it under are doing it wrong.

• SYZ

The "Missouri Compromise."

[Image: white-toilet-paper-picture-id1219661118?...Zt__pOomY=]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dancefortwo, Inkubus

If there are guests coming over I'll switch it to over. Otherwise I couldn't care less.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Wait, I thought TP in Australia came off the roll like this:

[Image: PC6wJyf.jpg]
On hiatus.
The following 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23, Dom, Dancefortwo, SYZ

No capital P Pigman in the klan. Plenty of lower case pigmen.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(05-24-2022, 01:23 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: If there are guests coming over I'll switch it to over. Otherwise I couldn't care less.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Or get a bidet and totally confuse them.

[Image: bidet-toilet.gif]

We have one.  You still have to use toilet paper to dry yourself off.  Unless you wanna go with the drip dry mode or let your knickers absorb the excess water.   Your body, you choice.   Nod
                                                         T4618
  • Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis, Dom

(05-24-2022, 03:21 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Or get a bidet and totally confuse them.

We have one.  You still have to use toilet paper to dry yourself off.  Unless you wanna go with the drip dry mode or let your knickers absorb the excess water.   Your body, you choice.   Nod

Being in California I have an excuse not to have one. Saves water. Tongue
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(05-24-2022, 03:21 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Or get a bidet and totally confuse them.

I have one. I encountered them in some hotels during my travels and fell in love with them. Best invention ever.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Again with something different and weird.  Armadillos spread leprosy to humans.  It seems to be the only other animal who gets leprosy and apparently we gave it to them initially and now they're giving it back to us. 

If you're really interested in this unsusal armadillo/human connection, and I know you are, here's an article about it. 

https://theconversation.com/humans-gave-...o-us-99915

Just to clarify, it's an armadillo not an arm-of-dildos -  which is a whole other situation.
                                                         T4618
  • Thumpalumpacus, Inkubus, Phaedrus

Napoleon vs the Bunnies or....

When Napoleon met his Bunnyloo.

subtitled:

"RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!"

[Image: x1080]

Quote: "Napoleon had just signed the Treaties of Tilsit, thereby ending the War of the Fourth Coalition, and the perfect way to celebrate, he decided, was with a rabbit hunt. His chief of staff Alexandre Berthier set about collecting the bunnies needed for such a celebration, while also inviting a selection of the most prominent men in the military. He wanted to impress so he revealed hundreds (and some sources even say thousands) of bunnies caged and eager to flee as soon as they were released – or so he thought.
Once the rabbits were released from their cages they did the exact opposite of what all the men expected – instead of running away in terror they all bounded straight toward Napoleon. Nervous laughter quickly transformed into horror as this fluffle of beasts began to climb up the French emperor’s legs. Napoleon’s men attempted to beat them off with sticks but the swarm was, quite literally, impossible to shake off.
Although most likely reluctant to admit it, Berthier was to blame – instead of trapping wild hares he had purchased tame rabbits, they were used to seeing humans so they were expecting Napoleon to feed them their dinner rather than shoot them. Eventually Napoleon did manage to escape the fluffy plague, but only by fleeing to his coach, the bunnies in hot pursuit apparently “divided into two wings”, some even made it into the carriage.

[Image: r234x6el.jpg]

"Hummm....what a chicken shit."

ETA: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/5136...ed-rabbits
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu