Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF.org down?

AF.org down?
I thought I'd give it some time before posting here, but I still can't access the forum. I just get a white screen, not even a this site can't be reached notification.

AF.org down?
Same here. Emjay too. So it isn't just you.

AF.org down?
I tried it and also got a white screen.

Then I tried it on Chrome and got "[color=var(--heading-color)]This site can’t be reached[/color]

athestforums.org’s server IP address could not be found.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • vulcanlogician

AF.org down?
Anyone have an idea what this could be?

AF.org down?
Potential resolution

AF.org down?
(04-08-2022, 12:09 AM)vulcanlogician Wrote: Anyone have an idea what this could be?

My son, who is an IT tech, has a standard answer for these things.  "Something is not happy."

It doesn't seem particularly helpful but it is hard to argue with.

AF.org down?
Given Min's message, it sounds like they may have forgotten to renew their domain name. I get a 404 from NGINX when I try to retrieve specific pages, which sounds more like a server issue.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

AF.org down?
(04-08-2022, 12:18 AM)no one Wrote: Potential resolution

I think that was when he accidentally purged himself from the forum, lol.

AF.org down?
(04-08-2022, 12:00 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I tried it and also got a white screen.

Then I tried it on Chrome and got "[color=var(--heading-color)]This site can’t be reached[/color]

athestforums.org’s server IP address could not be found.

ATHESTforums? I hope you typed this and made a typo, because if not, it smells of hacking.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Gwaithmir

AF.org down?
I can't remember what I typed.  I do still have a link to AF.com and used that first and then changed .com to .org.

I did copy and paste what came up on the screen into my answer.

AF.org down?
(04-08-2022, 02:44 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I can't remember what I typed.  I do still have a link to AF.com and used that first and then changed .com to .org.

I did copy and paste what came up on the screen into my answer.

It says that athestforums server IP can't be found. Smells bad to me. Try again.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

AF.org down?
It's atheistforums.org. But that isn't working, either.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

AF.org down?
Yah. I get a "404 Not Found" error.

Sadcryface 

Not at work.

AF.org down?
I know the forum has had issues with barely any monthly contributions to keep it up, and my guess is that perhaps they just can't keep it running anymore?

If that's the case, I'm surprised they didn't let us know.

AF.org down?
(04-08-2022, 04:18 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: I know the forum has had issues with barely any monthly contributions to keep it up, and my guess is that perhaps they just can't keep it running anymore?

If that's the case, I'm surprised they didn't let us know.

Has anything like this happened before. Whistling
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

AF.org down?
It doesn't seem to be working anywhere.... also a white screen appears....sucks
Elmyra- i'm gonna hug you and love you and squeeze you into itty bitty pieces...until you die!!!

AF.org down?
Yeah, not working me either since first discovering this about midnight yesterday, roughly twelve hours ago. I've been checking on my phone and briefly got a 404 error once, which I think said 'file not found', but other than that it's just been a white screen.

AF.org down?
We’re trying to reach out to the owner of AF - 404 almost always means an issue with the URL, and the owner is the only one with the tools to fix it.

We’re not dead yet!!

Boru

AF.org down?
White screen for me too.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Alan V

AF.org down?
Gremlins!  Dunno
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • KittyAnn

AF.org down?
(04-08-2022, 10:53 AM)BrianSoddingBoru5 Wrote: We’re trying to reach out to the owner of AF - 404 almost always means an issue with the URL, and the owner is the only one with the tools to fix it.

We’re not dead yet!!

Boru

Eventually everything dies.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

AF.org down?
Took me a minute to remember which forum we were talking about.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Unsapien

AF.org down?
(04-08-2022, 10:53 AM)BrianSoddingBoru5 Wrote: We’re trying to reach out to the owner of AF - 404 almost always means an issue with the URL, and the owner is the only one with the tools to fix it.

We’re not dead yet!!

Boru

I think it's probably just a glitch somewhere in the system that Tiberius can fix when he gets the message that something is wrong. (Is Tiberius still the owner?)

...But I do remember that a while back something was posted about possibly closing down due to cost. Was that still a concern leading up to this?

AF.org down?
Admin from af.org here.

Here's what I know.

Tiberius still owns the sight.
Months ago, someone offered to take over the financial responsibility.  Tiberius did not respond.
A couple of days ago, the site went down, and efforts to get Tiberius to respond have not succeeded.
Tiberius is the only person who has access to the server itself, so I can only evaluate based on what I can see from the outside.
DNS is fine, the site software appears to have been removed, presumably intentionally.  No notice was given to the staff or membership.

FWIW

AF.org down?
(04-09-2022, 06:31 PM)Jackalope Wrote: Admin from af.org here.

Here's what I know.

Tiberius still owns the sight.
Months ago, someone offered to take over the financial responsibility.  Tiberius did not respond.
A couple of days ago, the site went down, and efforts to get Tiberius to respond have not succeeded.
Tiberius is the only person who has access to the server itself, so I can only evaluate based on what I can see from the outside.
DNS is fine, the site software appears to have been removed, presumably intentionally.  No notice was given to the staff or membership.

FWIW

I think we all appreciate the update. I hope things get sorted out soon. When TTA went down, you guys were very welcoming to us. Please know that favor will be returned. Stay as long as you like. Smile

E.T.A. Oh, I see you still have a yellow account name. Give it a few minutes for the system to process you into an active account.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Dom, Unsapien