Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The latest idiotic conspiracy theory: Ukraine lab leak

A debunked conspiracy theory about US bio-weapons laboratories in Ukraine was seized on by Russian and Chinese media outlets

Quote:A debunked conspiracy theory touted by Infowars and Twitter conspiracy theorists about the US operating biological weapons laboratories in Ukraine has been seized on by Russian and Chinese news outlets

On March 2, Foreign Policy reported on Twitter user WarClandestine's post in February that said: "It certainly appears Putin is targeting the cities and locations with #USBiolabs present. He is 100% going after the alleged bioweapons."

In the same thread, WarClandestine outlined what they said was credible evidence that the US had bioweapons in Ukraine. The account — which has since been suspended — was run by an individual named Jacob, who appeared to be American and claimed to have served in the US military, per Foreign Policy.

Following the tweet, the QAnon-linked Infowars platform published an article titled: "Russian Strikes Targeting US-Run Bio-Labs in Ukraine?" Citing information from various Twitter posts, the article claimed that US biological weapons laboratories "are believed to operate in many cities that were recently attacked by Russia."

The piece also said that Kyiv and Odessa, in particular, are being targeted by Russian attacks because of the presence of such facilities.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Antonio

Any excuse will do. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_...%20Germany.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Antonio

Sounds like they took a page from Dick Chaney's playbook weapons of mass destruction in Iraq
 All I know is that I know nothing
The following 2 users Like Antonio's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Gwaithmir

The hospital the Russians bombed was front for a US bio lab

I'm enjoying this conspiracy stuff . Maybe fox news will employ me
 All I know is that I know nothing
The following 1 user Likes Antonio's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Projection of their own intent, and a clear attempt at justifying the same.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Antonio, GenesisNemesis

Hahahahahaha, you suckers believe "Russia"
is real....hahahahahahaha. FOOLS!
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • GenesisNemesis