Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The boozer vault.

The boozer vault.
I bought one of those silicon molds for making large ice cubes in. They had a good one at Aldi's for $5 and so I thought "Why not?" I normally drink any spirit neat, but this gives me some new experiences to try. Getting the water in the mold was a lot easier than getting it back out again. I struggled for about five minutes to free the cubes of ice. But that hard work paid off. Having a glass of Two Stacks cask strength Irish whiskey with a big rock in it. It's a very sweet whiskey which I usually add water to when drinking, but au naturel on the rocks it's like a cordial.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

The boozer vault.
Tullamore Dew, $10 off the bottle. Bought two.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 03:39 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Tullamore Dew, $10 off the bottle. Bought two.

Careful now. Someone might accuse you of being plebeian and then where would you be?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 03:30 PM)Dānu Wrote:
(12-17-2022, 03:25 PM)Vorpal Wrote: How much plasma is that worth?

850 ml.  At least to me.  I've heard the actual plasma sells for orders of magnitude more than that to the medical manufacturers.

How much plasma can you provide per sitting?

I think I found me a batch of frumious bandersnatch. Dance  

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 04:01 PM)Vorpal Wrote:
(12-17-2022, 03:30 PM)Dānu Wrote: 850 ml.  At least to me.  I've heard the actual plasma sells for orders of magnitude more than that to the medical manufacturers.

How much plasma can you provide per sitting?

I'm not exactly sure. It depends on your height and weight.

Vivekananda

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 03:46 PM)Dānu Wrote:
(12-17-2022, 03:39 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Tullamore Dew, $10 off the bottle. Bought two.

Careful now.  Someone might accuse you of being plebeian and then where would you be?

Right were I've always been. I'm a bear-foot boy with cheeks of tan and patricians can suck my zits. Big Grin

The boozer vault.
Is a four bucks fifty a good price for well cocktails?

The following 1 user Likes Vorpal's post:
  • Cavebear

The boozer vault.
If there's sex on the side, yeah.

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 08:07 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: If there's sex on the side, yeah.

I was gonna have sex on the beach

The boozer vault.
"Sand gets in everything."

The boozer vault.
[Image: dsleohvh84v21.jpg?auto=webp&s=98ab14d314...314314736f]

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Cavebear

The boozer vault.
Old school gay.

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 10:20 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Sand gets in everything."

I always end up with vodka up me arse.

The boozer vault.
Charles Atlas took me for $100. I tried his course with minimal results. He Did not honor the money back guarantee.  I am still a weakling.

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 05:16 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-17-2022, 03:46 PM)Dānu Wrote: Careful now.  Someone might accuse you of being plebeian and then where would you be?

Right were I've always been. I'm a bear-foot boy with cheeks of tan and patricians can suck my zits.  Big Grin

He might have been in a Los Angels cop bar.

Quote:Al Mackey was horribly hung over from an evening of Tullamore Dew and a furious dream-chase of a giggling Japanese masseuse who knew the Truth. After kicking the cat off the bed three times, Al Mackey awoke in the morning to find it had clawed to shreds the underwear he had dropped on the floor. He was forced to admire an animal who could punish with such inspiration. The vicious bastard was better than a set of thumbscrews.

The Glitter Dome, Joseph Wambaugh. Big Grin

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 07:31 PM)Vorpal Wrote: Is a four bucks fifty a good price for well cocktails?

I make all mine at home. Avoids driving issues... Usually gin (I like the juniper berry taste) with lemon, lime, and gingerale over ice. Sometimes a Singapore Sling. With Pomegranate juice, I call it a Cavebear Sling.

Lately, trying out a Golden Dawn. Gin, apple brandy, orange brandy, and cherry (with ginger ale - I always want gingerale in place of tonic or water).
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

The boozer vault.
(12-17-2022, 10:41 PM)Dānu Wrote: [Image: dsleohvh84v21.jpg?auto=webp&s=98ab14d314...314314736f]

I remember those silly ads. But what was your point?
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

The boozer vault.
Woot! My sister got me the Woodinville Rye that I had on my wish list. I've been holding off opening other new bottles, but this is the first good rye that I've had in a long while and I intend to open it soon.

Vivekananda

The boozer vault.
I bought two "Lodge Packs" of fruity beer from Leinenkugel and a bottle of Olmeca Altos Plata tequila last week. The beer is okay. They were both about $30, and I like the tequila better.

[Image: large.png]

Vivekananda

The boozer vault.
My liver enzymes have been out of whack in the past year, but they'd worsened by the time my blood was tested in April and then confirmed in June. So my psychiatrist advised me to avoid alcohol until I followed up with my physician. So I've been drinking non-alcoholic beer since then. It's neither as good as one might hope, nor as bad as one might fear. Even if I get the okay to resume alcohol, I can see a place for NA beverages in order to decrease my overall consumption.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Chas