Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheriffs Ambushed in LA

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
Little Johnny One Note played just that one note...
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-13-2020, 03:35 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 01:25 PM)brewerb Wrote: The demonization of all police is going overboard.

https://twitter.com/LASDHQ?ref_src=twsrc...6420532%2F
And has been for years.

I have never once demonized ALL police. Most are fine upstanding people desiring to help the community. Where we differ is on how to treat the crazy ones.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
You're still part of the problem.

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-14-2020, 10:39 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: You're still part of the problem.

Really? In what way? I admire good policepersons. Most are good.

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-14-2020, 10:42 AM)Cavebear Wrote:

Really?  In what way?  I admire good policepersons.  Most are good.
You'll have to wait until I'm out of the recovery room. The nurses are looking at me.
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear, skyking

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-14-2020, 10:57 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 10:42 AM)Cavebear Wrote:

Really?  In what way?  I admire good policepersons.  Most are good.
You'll have to wait until I'm out of the recovery room. The nurses are looking at me.

Well, be polite and don't suddenly flip over. They've seen it all.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Tres Leches

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-13-2020, 01:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
Quote:Two Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies were shot in the city of Compton, Calif., on Saturday, according to the department.

The department confirmed on Twitter that one male deputy and one female deputy were “ambushed” while sitting in a patrol vehicle. Both deputies “sustained multiple gunshot wounds and are in critical condition.”

“They are both undergoing surgery. The suspect is still at large,” the department tweeted late Saturday.

The department also shared footage of the incident on Twitter. The video shows a person in dark clothing approach the side of the parked patrol vehicle and fire several shots.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/516168...-condition

Here's hoping they catch this sonofabitch.

Agreed.  

It's also not lost on me, the great haste with which police are able to release video when their story seems hold up.  That says quite a bit, IMO, for when they refuse to release available video evidence.
If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how fast it doesn't work. ~ ???
The following 5 users Like tomilay's post:
  • Cavebear, Thumpalumpacus, Fireball, Tres Leches, Dom

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-13-2020, 02:21 PM)Dom Wrote: Last time I looked, Compton was gang central. It may just be gang related and not political.

The suspect looked very young, like a minor. I have seen stories of such minors in gangs in Chicago before.
If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how fast it doesn't work. ~ ???
The following 2 users Like tomilay's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dom

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-14-2020, 01:41 PM)tomilay Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 01:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
Quote:Two Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies were shot in the city of Compton, Calif., on Saturday, according to the department.

The department confirmed on Twitter that one male deputy and one female deputy were “ambushed” while sitting in a patrol vehicle. Both deputies “sustained multiple gunshot wounds and are in critical condition.”

“They are both undergoing surgery. The suspect is still at large,” the department tweeted late Saturday.

The department also shared footage of the incident on Twitter. The video shows a person in dark clothing approach the side of the parked patrol vehicle and fire several shots.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/516168...-condition

Here's hoping they catch this sonofabitch.

Agreed.  

It's also not lost on me, the great haste with which police are able to release video when their story seems hold up.  That says quite a bit, IMO, for when they refuse to release available video evidence.

Let facts shine out in all situations... I fully understand that not all events are one-sided or obvious at first glance even with video. So let the facts fall where they may, so long as the facts are presented.
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, tomilay

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-14-2020, 01:41 PM)tomilay Wrote: Agreed.  

Where there's a will, there's a way.
On hiatus.

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-14-2020, 01:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 01:41 PM)tomilay Wrote: Agreed.  

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Honesty is presenting all the available information. It doesn't happen often enough. I will respect any police authority or elected authority willing to say "that one was wrong and this one was right and here is why and I will explain it".
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-13-2020, 02:21 PM)Dom Wrote: Last time I looked, Compton was gang central. It may just be gang related and not political.

Gangs? I thought they were militia.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-16-2020, 11:05 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:

No, Compton is famous for the Crips.

http://www.streetgangs.com/crips/compton...eU82F.dpbs
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-16-2020, 12:54 PM)Dom Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 11:05 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:

No, Compton is famous for the Crips.

http://www.streetgangs.com/crips/compton...eU82F.dpbs

He's making a 2nd Amendment joke.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Old Man Marsh, Dom, TheGentlemanBastard, Kim

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
This photo shows the shooting.

[Image: 200914_wn_gutman_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg]

I'm not sure what kind of vehicle that is but on the LA Sheriff's website they make a big deal out of the Ford Interceptors that they have and this looks like it might well be one of them.  Ford motor company's stats on the Interceptor say that it is 69 inches (5' 9") high.  The shooter is standing and even so looks to be several inches shorter than the vehicle.  I'm thinking kid.  Kid with a gun.  Yay 2d Amendment.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dom, Thumpalumpacus, Old Man Marsh, Kim

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
I sure hope they catch the turd.  Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-16-2020, 04:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I'm not sure what kind of vehicle that is but on the LA Sheriff's website they make a big deal out of the Ford Interceptors that they have and this looks like it might well be one of them.

"Interceptor" is a generic name Ford gives to its police-fleet vehicle (the old Crown Vics bore the same name too). This one is a modded Ford Explorer, and yes, low-profile SUV, vehicle height 70" -- 5'10". Perp is definitely a short one.
On hiatus.

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-16-2020, 07:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 04:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I'm not sure what kind of vehicle that is but on the LA Sheriff's website they make a big deal out of the Ford Interceptors that they have and this looks like it might well be one of them.

"Interceptor" is a generic name Ford gives to its police-fleet vehicle (the old Crown Vics bore the same name too). This one is a modded Ford Explorer, and yes, low-profile SUV, vehicle height 70" -- 5'10". Perp is definitely a short one.

Definitely somewhere between 5'3" and 6'8".
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Minimalist, Thumpalumpacus, SYZ

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-17-2020, 12:37 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 07:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

Definitely somewhere between 5'3" and 6'8".

It could be the old two-guys-on-shoulders-in-a-suit trick.

[Image: 5cdbbc0f06c677be4059a27c9c7afec5.gif]
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Old Man Marsh, SYZ

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
Update:

Quote:Los Angeles area officials said Wednesday that law enforcement have arrested and charged a man in the shooting for two Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies earlier this month.

Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacy told reporters that Deonte Lee Murray, 36, has been charged on two counts of attempted murder in connection with the shooting. Murray was arrested earlier this month in connection with a separate carjacking and shooting, which occurred prior to the shooting of the deputies.

So while he wouldn't seem to be an aspiring gang member showing fealty by performing an assigned job, it doesn't seem evidenced at this time that he was motivated by anti-police sentiment in the wake of George Floyd's killing.
On hiatus.

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
The grunts in the foxholes often pay dearly for the incompetence of those in command.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
Quote:Deonte Lee Murray, 36,

Is he a midget?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Sheriffs Ambushed in LA
(09-30-2020, 08:00 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Deonte Lee Murray, 36,

Is he a midget?

Apparently, yeah. Assholes come in all shapes and sizes.
On hiatus.