Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction

Introduction
Welcome. It can take a very long time to fully shake off the shackles of religious thought, and the vestiges of indoctrination. I know of people who have been atheists for years and who still wake up some nights fearful of the threat of hell. Give yourself time and allow yourself to be human.
Justaminute   The whole point of having cake is to eat it! 
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Introduction
I've tended to have a secular head and a religious heart. The two have never been as oppositional as they seem to be for most people. Threads of Taoist, Hindu, and Christian thought still weave themselves into my current thinking. I guess I've never given much thought to why the divergence from religion is so angsty for some and not others.
[Image: giant%20meteor%202020.jpg]

Introduction
ghost
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Introduction
Welcome

Introduction
(09-07-2020, 04:08 PM)Balorach Wrote: But now, what do I do?

You be the person you want to be.  That's a lot trickier, but it's a lot more rewarding, too.

Welcome!
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 1 user Likes trdsf's post:
  • Bcat

Introduction
Welcome to the new person, even if it is a one-and-done poster. Hopefully, they're lurking not haring off back into the fold.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

Introduction
Yeah... a drive-by.    Here for 17 minutes, once only, a couple of weeks ago.     Huh
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.