Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please guard your address(es)...

(09-07-2020, 01:19 AM)Dom Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 11:12 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 07:04 PM)Dom Wrote: BLM does peaceful demonstrations during the day. A self proclaimed "militia" does the looting and rioting at night, confronted by Antifa.

News to me, are we talking about a right-wing militia here and is there any evidence of this and if so why are the Dems not pushing it to the maximum? The Dems have lost points in the polls because of "perceived" BLM/Antifa violence. I'm confused now.

Evidence are for example an arrested right wing militia person who killed two people in plain sight at a demonstration. And the body of one right wing militia person who was killed at a demonstration.

These people bus into town and start trouble, and they are not hiding anymore, you can see them in many news clips. It's scary, looks like the start of a civil war fought by fringe groups.
It is scary that's true but one over patriotic really stupid 17 year old kid with an AR15 and a murdered trump supporter doesn't really make a crazed militia. There have been counter protests but they've been peaceful even under attack from Antifa they just withdrew orderly. Plus theres huge political capital to be gained by the Dems if there's a crazed alt right militia rampaging through the streets rioting looting and burning and all I'm hearing is crickets chirping. 

I'm just not seeing it I'm afraid unless I'm missing something really obvious and I've been watching loads of coverage both left wing, conservative and in between to try to get a balanced coverage and no mention of rioting militia. I'm not saying you're wrong just that I'm not seeing it. 

I am concerned though because what ever result the 3rd Nov brings I can only see the violence getting worse, its a very worrying time I've never seen America so divided in my lifetime not even during the Vietnam War has it been this bad I think.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

(09-07-2020, 12:09 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 01:19 AM)Dom Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 11:12 PM)adey67 Wrote: News to me, are we talking about a right-wing militia here and is there any evidence of this and if so why are the Dems not pushing it to the maximum? The Dems have lost points in the polls because of "perceived" BLM/Antifa violence. I'm confused now.

Evidence are for example an arrested right wing militia person who killed two people in plain sight at a demonstration. And the body of one right wing militia person who was killed at a demonstration.

These people bus into town and start trouble, and they are not hiding anymore, you can see them in many news clips. It's scary, looks like the start of a civil war fought by fringe groups.
It is scary that's true but one over patriotic really stupid 17 year old kid with an AR15 and a murdered trump supporter doesn't really make a crazed militia. There have been counter protests but they've been peaceful even under attack from Antifa they just withdrew orderly. Plus theres huge political capital to be gained by the Dems if there's a crazed alt right militia rampaging through the streets rioting looting and burning and all I'm hearing is crickets chirping. 

I'm just not seeing it I'm afraid unless I'm missing something really obvious and I've been watching loads of coverage both left wing, conservative and in between to try to get a balanced coverage and no mention of rioting militia. I'm not saying you're wrong just that I'm not seeing it. 

I am concerned though because what ever result the 3rd Nov brings I can only see the violence getting worse, its a very worrying time I've never seen America so divided in my lifetime not even during the Vietnam War has it been this bad I think.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ima...BasicHover
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • adey67

Too bad those militia weren't armed with fire extinguishers instead.

Counter-protestors are all too often just looking for an excuse to fight. The cousins were talking about "showing a presence" at Ferguson. I sent heads-up to the right people.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(09-07-2020, 12:31 PM)Dom Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 12:09 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 01:19 AM)Dom Wrote: Evidence are for example an arrested right wing militia person who killed two people in plain sight at a demonstration. And the body of one right wing militia person who was killed at a demonstration.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ima...BasicHover

That looks fairly conclusive thanks for the heads up Dom
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dom

(09-05-2020, 06:59 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ...cause if T.rump wins in November  Boss Lady and I will be leaving Trumpistan.

Come to Ireland! We have cookies!!
2+2=4

(09-11-2020, 09:16 PM)leerob Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 06:59 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ...cause if T.rump wins in November  Boss Lady and I will be leaving Trumpistan.

Come to Ireland! We have cookies!!
We left there about 130 years ago, no plans on returning. Shy
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(09-11-2020, 09:58 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: We left there about 130 years ago, no plans on returning.  Shy

It's better now AND we have cookies AAANNNDDD there is Trumpery
2+2=4
The following 1 user Likes leerob's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama