Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do you mods see us doing ?

(03-13-2021, 03:59 AM)skyking Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 03:43 AM)Inkubus Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 01:37 AM)Aliza Wrote: Another thing we cannot do is view previous versions of edited posts. Once a post is edited, the old version is gone completely.

Well I didn't know that I've always assumed the original was stored.

The DB entry for Pid 289398 can only have the one content.
( that is the PID of your post here )
The internet wayback machine can very rarely hold a previous version on a forum with limited edit times. The forums with unlimited edit times, the quote is thus the tool of choice to keep a user from editing away some stupidity.

Yup, something egregious enough to hold over someone's head later requires a QFT.  Tongue Once quoted, edits remove culpability or embarrassment are futile, much to my chagrin. Though I am a member of one site where the mods will sometimes edit a person's post. They even admit it. It's done usually for humanitarian reasons, though. The forum has a lot of...not smart people, and sometimes the smart...er ones give them shit for bad grammar or spelling or some such. It has to be pretty nasty for that to happen, and when it does, the mods will actually spank the bad guy in public, and edit out the nasty part of a post. A classic I saw was when a guy posted something, and it was nearly unintelligible, and one of the guys posted back, "Good god man, don't you know how to spell!?". Heinous, I tell you.  ROFL2 That post got edited!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Cavebear, Aliza, skyking

Can you see where I put my gazinta?

(03-13-2021, 07:18 AM)no one Wrote: Can you see where I put my gazinta?

I told you not to put your gazinta there.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • skyking

[Image: Jawdrop.png]