Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Art

Bad Art
(06-27-2020, 01:06 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 06:44 PM)Vera Wrote: Well, now we both know  ;-) (I kinda like the da Vinci above; at the very least, the boobs are at least somewhat human-looking, that Michelangelo abomination wouldn't pass even for an automaton).

How about the... let's call them works, of Paul Mccartney... I guess love is *not* all you need, after all.

That's pretty bad stuff. He needs to stick with music.  

When I was a kid I used to love the paint by numbers kits.  I know it's awful art but it was captivating and a wonderful way to spend a rainy day. I loved the smell of the paint pots.  The brushes were just this side of toothbrush fibers.  I remember doing this very paint-by-numbers with the deer, except at 7 or 8 years old it didn't look much like this.  It was a mess. Sometimes I'd paint the wrong numbered color in the wrong designated area and wouldn't discover it until I stood back to see what I'd done.  Fun times.  Believe it or not, it's one of the reason's I was an art major for a while.   Big Grin

[Image: 6a00d83451c46169e200e54f2e3d648833-800wi.jpg]

Being into math at the time I did PBN stuff, I'd run the numbers through a simple equation and come up with some scary stuff.
On hiatus.

Bad Art
(06-27-2020, 02:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 01:06 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 06:44 PM)Vera Wrote: Well, now we both know  ;-) (I kinda like the da Vinci above; at the very least, the boobs are at least somewhat human-looking, that Michelangelo abomination wouldn't pass even for an automaton).

How about the... let's call them works, of Paul Mccartney... I guess love is *not* all you need, after all.

That's pretty bad stuff. He needs to stick with music.  

When I was a kid I used to love the paint by numbers kits.  I know it's awful art but it was captivating and a wonderful way to spend a rainy day. I loved the smell of the paint pots.  The brushes were just this side of toothbrush fibers.  I remember doing this very paint-by-numbers with the deer, except at 7 or 8 years old it didn't look much like this.  It was a mess. Sometimes I'd paint the wrong numbered color in the wrong designated area and wouldn't discover it until I stood back to see what I'd done.  Fun times.  Believe it or not, it's one of the reason's I was an art major for a while.   Big Grin

Being into math at the time I did PBN stuff, I'd run the numbers through a simple equation and come up with some scary stuff.

Better than Warhol, though, right?  Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

Bad Art
(06-27-2020, 02:59 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 02:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 01:06 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: That's pretty bad stuff. He needs to stick with music.  

Better than Warhol, though, right?  Big Grin

Well, uh ... is something burning on the stove?
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Dānu

Bad Art
@Dancefortwo I've never had a paint by numbers booklet, I don't exactly get it, can't I just use whatever colours I want? I mean, I get it as a video game where they provide the colours so to speak but on paper why can't I choose?

(06-26-2020, 06:54 PM)Alan V Wrote: McCartney is one of my favorite musicians, but he was always too full of himself.

Can’t say that I know much about him as a person; wasn’t there some sort of… well, something around his wife daughter doing something utterly oblivious, that only a rich person could? Or something… ah who cares.

On the other hand, I was watching this Russian kind of quiz show (yep, I watch Russian stuff *and* I speak Russian. You’ve sussed me out, I’m Putin’s something-or-other Whistling ) and there was a question about Yoko One's Play It by Trust installation, which I didn’t know about and which is about the futility of war.

For those who don’t know what it is, it’s a chess set, where all the pieces are white: “Yoko Ono’s Play It By Trust is an example of how conceptual art can be a game. Or it could be an example of how a game can be used as conceptual art depending on where you start from when looking at it. Play It By Trust is a chess set where all the pieces are white. Because of this, it is virtually impossible to play a normal game of chess. Sooner or later, the players will be unable to tell whose piece is whose. How can you proceed when the opponent is indistinguishable from yourself?”

Which kind of reminds me of this old silent Soviet animation (I think I might have posted it before), which is rather chilling.

This, on the other hand, is the freakiest thing I’ve ever clapped eyes on. But freakishly mesmerising, too hobo

“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Dānu, Alan V