Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your living situation like?

you just have to sneak up on the mask then. I have mastered it.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Fireball

(04-18-2020, 05:11 PM)c172 Wrote: Ahh, yes, I've seen that one, and some promising stuff on Instagram (usually modeled my pretty, young females (I'm an ugly middle-age male).

I used a package of wife beaters from Wal-Mart, no sweat. I used extra long rubber bands and doubled them. One loop around the ears.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I'm retired and living with the same woman for almost 50 years.  Same ole - same ole.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Bcat, Dancefortwo, adey67

My living situation?  Well, let's see.  Living in a house. It's corner lot so we have a bunch of grass for me to mow with my old timey push mower. Husband is home doing as much online teaching as possible under the circumstances. I work out of my home so that hasn't changed much. 

I go for walks almost every evening.  Slowly putting away all the things my kitty, Cleo used to use-   Sadcryface  - her kitty bed and the fold out stairs she used to get up on our bed.   Starting to think a little bit about getting a couple of kittens at the Humane Society in a month or so because not having a pet is just too darned weird and a house is not a home without a cat or dog.   I haven't told my husband about this though.   Whistling    He got me a bouquet of roses after Cleo died.  Rose  That was so sweet.   So that's my living situation.   Also, making another 100 medical masks from a kit the local hospital gave me.
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat, Alan V, adey67, skyking

(04-18-2020, 08:32 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: My living situation?  Well, let's see.  Living in a house. It's corner lot so we have a bunch of grass for me to mow with my old timey push mower. Husband is home doing as much online teaching as possible under the circumstances. I work out of my home so that hasn't changed much. 

I go for walks almost every evening.  Slowly putting away all the things my kitty, Cleo used to use-   Sadcryface  - her kitty bed and the fold out stairs she used to get up on our bed.   Starting to think a little bit about getting a couple of kittens at the Humane Society in a month or so because not having a pet is just too darned weird and a house is not a home without a cat or dog.   I haven't told my husband about this though.   Whistling    He got me a bouquet of roses after Cleo died.  Rose  That was so sweet.   So that's my living situation.   Also, making another 100 medical masks from a kit the local hospital gave me.

Hug

Since my divorce and mental breakdown in 2013 I am ashamed so ashamed to admit I live with my mother, its not right for a 52 year old man to still live and be reliant on his mother but she does have dementia so I kid myself I'm helping her and in some ways I am, I cook, clean, garden, chauffeur and I'm her walking diary and memory prompter. I'm pretty isolated and without many friends in fact friends can be counted using one finger but I try to count my blessings, life isn't that different from BC (before covid) except now we cannot go shopping for food as we used to and have to queue to get into the supermarket but apart from that nothing has really changed except that now theres no escape from the continuous coverage of covid, its covid this covid that covid the other its never ending plus I have no AA meetings to keep me sane and centred. Sorry for the pity party I try to avoid being like that because no one likes a Jeramiah but it's good to vent sometimes.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 8 users Like adey67's post:
  • Bcat, skyking, Thumpalumpacus, jerry mcmasters, Dancefortwo, Alan V, GenesisNemesis, Mark

(04-18-2020, 09:32 PM)adey67 Wrote: Since my divorce and mental breakdown in 2013 I am ashamed so ashamed to admit I live with my mother, its not right for a 52 year old man to still live and be reliant on his mother but she does have dementia so I kid myself I'm helping her and in some ways I am, I cook, clean, garden, chauffeur and I'm her walking diary and memory prompter. I'm pretty isolated and without many friends in fact friends can be counted using one finger but I try to count my blessings, life isn't that different from BC (before covid) except now we cannot go shopping for food as we used to and have to queue to get into the supermarket but apart from that nothing has really changed except that now theres no escape from the continuous coverage of covid, its covid this covid that covid the other its never ending plus I have no AA meetings to keep me sane and centred. Sorry for the pity party I try to avoid being like that because no one likes a Jeramiah but it's good to vent sometimes.

Let it go man! vent away.
And about that mom thing, we know who is taking care of who there and she would be lost without you  Heart
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Bcat, adey67

(04-18-2020, 09:32 PM)adey67 Wrote: Since my divorce and mental breakdown in 2013 I am ashamed so ashamed to admit I live with my mother, its not right for a 52 year old man to still live and be reliant on his mother but she does have dementia so I kid myself I'm helping her and in some ways I am, I cook, clean, garden, chauffeur and I'm her walking diary and memory prompter. I'm pretty isolated and without many friends in fact friends can be counted using one finger but I try to count my blessings, life isn't that different from BC (before covid) except now we cannot go shopping for food as we used to and have to queue to get into the supermarket but apart from that nothing has really changed except that now theres no escape from the continuous coverage of covid, its covid this covid that covid the other its never ending plus I have no AA meetings to keep me sane and centred. Sorry for the pity party I try to avoid being like that because no one likes a Jeramiah but it's good to vent sometimes.

*hugs* I don't think you should be ashamed at all.  It sounds like you went through a lot, are doing better, and are now helping your mom out as well.
The following 3 users Like Bcat's post:
  • skyking, adey67, Fireball

It's rough. I moved back in with my mom for a year about eight years ago and it's hard to have a healthy self-image while we're browbeating ourselves. I hope you checked out the SoberRecovery link I posted to perhaps take up the void left by the stoppage of meetings. It's a different experience but I found it more helpful myself.

No doubt keeping the car between the ditches right now is difficult, what with the pandemic, your mother's state, and the other burdens. Send me a PM if you need to vent more. You'll have less indigestion than with swallowing it.
On hiatus.
The following 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking, Bcat, adey67, Fireball, Mark

Sounds like you're playing a pretty vital role to me.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Bcat, adey67

We did a hundred mile loop through Missouri wine country today. Social distancing like crazy.
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat, skyking

(04-18-2020, 10:37 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 09:32 PM)adey67 Wrote: Since my divorce and mental breakdown in 2013 I am ashamed so ashamed to admit I live with my mother, its not right for a 52 year old man to still live and be reliant on his mother but she does have dementia so I kid myself I'm helping her and in some ways I am, I cook, clean, garden, chauffeur and I'm her walking diary and memory prompter.

Sounds like you're playing a pretty vital role to me.

Not everything worth doing can draw a salary or impress the neighbors.
The following 5 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Bcat, Thumpalumpacus, jerry mcmasters, adey67, Mark

Boss Lady just got ten days off with pay. Another co-worker down with the bug.