Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donation information

Donation information
It costs me about £45 every month in server costs to host this forum and I have been happy to do so for the last couple of years but times are getting rather tight for me. I have now set up a Paypal and Patreon account so you can donate. Because my partner has a common name and mine is unique I've set it up the accounts in his name to protect my privacy. The Patreon account uses the Paypal account to withdraw the funds so if you don't like Patreon or don't want them taking a cut of the contribution then you can send the money more directly via Paypal.

I plan to get a some way of signifying when someone has donated on the forum to show my appreciation, whether it's a user name in a different colour or font or some tag or something. Suggestions welcome.

Donate via paypal to donate@atheistdiscussion.org

... or for a monthly subscription:

https://www.patreon.com/atheistdiscussion

Thanks

Heart
The following 10 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Alan V, Dom, Fireball, brewerb, Bucky Ball, Chas, Aractus, Unsapien, Bcat, Chimp3

Donation information
Consider it done mate!   Big Grin    And thank you.

(recipient named as  Stxxxx Foxxxx)

Hope this goes well.     Thumbs Up
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Mathilda

Donation information
Let me have lunch and I'm on it. Thumbs Up
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Mathilda

Donation information
Done
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Mathilda, SYZ

Donation information
I'll find a cat's paw to firewall me and get you some money.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Mathilda

Donation information
(04-14-2020, 04:48 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Let me have lunch and I'm on it. Thumbs Up

Done.
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Mathilda, SYZ

Donation information
Seems like for all the joy and pleasure I shower on the forum you guys should be paying me.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Donation information
(04-14-2020, 09:54 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Seems like for all the joy and pleasure I shower on the forum you guys should be paying me.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
We have some lutefisk you can have. Thumbs Up
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Fireball, Dānu

Donation information
Could you add a possible one time donation, instead of recurring, to PayPall ?
Maybe it's there and I missed it.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Fireball, brewerb

Donation information
I'm not paypal literate. I'll get the wife to do it in the next couple of weeks.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Donation information
(04-15-2020, 12:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Could you add a possible one time donation, instead of recurring, to PayPall ?

That's what I did...at least I think it was one time...?

Donation information
(04-15-2020, 12:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Could you add a possible one time donation, instead of recurring, to PayPall ?

Send as gift Big Grin
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • SYZ, Dom

Donation information
Send your stimulus checks. We won't need to donate for a while that way.

Donation information
Mathilda... have we covered your monthly costs by now? Please let us know if you need more donations.

And again, thank you for taking the time and effort (and covering the costs ) in order to keep our little
family together.   

It's sure appreciated mate.     Thumbs Up
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Mathilda, Dom, jerry mcmasters

Donation information
I'll cover the rest of a year.  Just tell me how much.  It is not a problem.  marksmews2118 at verizon dot net. I'm good on paypal.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 3 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Bcat, Mathilda, jerry mcmasters

Donation information
Finally got off my ass and did it.

Thanks Mathilda.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • SYZ, Mathilda

Donation information
Thank you very much everybody for your generous donations. It will help a lot with the server costs.

Heart

Unfortunately one of the donations got returned because I did not know that I had to manually log into paypal by yesterday to accept it because it was in Euros. I have a bank account in Euros as well so I am happy accepting such donations. I've added Euro as a currency I can accept.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • brewerb

Donation information
(04-14-2020, 02:44 PM)Mathilda Wrote: It costs me about £45 every month in server costs to host this forum and I have been happy to do so for the last couple of years but times are getting rather tight for me. I have now set up a Paypal and Patreon account so you can donate. Because my partner has a common name and mine is unique I've set it up the accounts in his name to protect my privacy. The Patreon account uses the Paypal account to withdraw the funds so if you don't like Patreon or don't want them taking a cut of the contribution then you can send the money more directly via Paypal.

I plan to get a some way of signifying when someone has donated on the forum to show my appreciation, whether it's a user name in a different colour or font or some tag or something. Suggestions welcome.

https://www.patreon.com/atheistdiscussion.org
Thanks

Heart

Where is the Paypal button?
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Donation information
(05-15-2020, 10:00 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 02:44 PM)Mathilda Wrote: It costs me about £45 every month in server costs to host this forum and I have been happy to do so for the last couple of years but times are getting rather tight for me. I have now set up a Paypal and Patreon account so you can donate. Because my partner has a common name and mine is unique I've set it up the accounts in his name to protect my privacy. The Patreon account uses the Paypal account to withdraw the funds so if you don't like Patreon or don't want them taking a cut of the contribution then you can send the money more directly via Paypal.

https://www.patreon.com/atheistdiscussion.org
Thanks

Heart

Where is the Paypal button?

I haven't actually installed one on the website yet (been really busy with working from home).

If you log into paypal then you can send money to donate@atheistdiscussion.org

Thanks!
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • SYZ

Donation information
(05-15-2020, 09:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote: Thank you very much everybody for your generous donations. It will help a lot with the server costs.

Heart

Unfortunately one of the donations got returned because I did not know that I had to manually log into paypal by yesterday to accept it because it was in Euros. I have a bank account in Euros as well so I am happy accepting such donations. I've added Euro as a currency I can accept.

Modest
R.I.P. Hannes