Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze.

TorchesPitchforks TorchesPitchforks TorchesPitchforks TorchesPitchforks TorchesPitchforks TorchesPitchforks

It's a bad time to have allergies. Dodgy
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus, Aroura, skyking, Thumpalumpacus

Tell me about it! Allergy season has begun.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

(04-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Dom Wrote: Tell me about it! Allergy season has begun.

I have spring and fall allergies. Not severe enough to need to find the exact triggers.

(04-14-2020, 12:36 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Dom Wrote: Tell me about it! Allergy season has begun.

I have spring and fall allergies. Not severe enough to need to find the exact triggers.

I have spring, summer and fall allergies and everything I love, all of nature, is my trigger. All pollen gets to me. Add in my asthma and I look like the perfect covid victim.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Ayeh..... bad move.

Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dom

Every employee of the Long Term Care Center I work at has to be screened at the start of their shift. Our temps are taken then a questionnaire. I answer "Yes" to "Cough?' "Runny Nose?' "Short of Breath?". Allergies and Asthma.
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"
The following 1 user Likes Chimp3's post:
  • Dom

(04-14-2020, 10:08 PM)Chimp3 Wrote: Every employee of the Long Term Care Center I work at has to be screened at the start of their shift. Our temps are taken then a questionnaire. I answer "Yes" to "Cough?' "Runny Nose?' "Short of Breath?". Allergies and Asthma.

I carry a ProAir inhaler in self-defense.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Dom

(04-14-2020, 10:22 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 10:08 PM)Chimp3 Wrote: Every employee of the Long Term Care Center I work at has to be screened at the start of their shift. Our temps are taken then a questionnaire. I answer "Yes" to "Cough?' "Runny Nose?' "Short of Breath?". Allergies and Asthma.

Likewise!
One thing you never see: A guy in Boston Mass. with a Union flag yelling "The Nawth's gonna rise again!"
The following 1 user Likes Chimp3's post:
  • Dom

(04-14-2020, 10:54 PM)Chimp3 Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 10:22 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Likewise!

If I ever meet Pennywise I'm armed to the hilt. Thumbs Up
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Chimp3

I have not driven the car in days, and i has a skin of yellow tree pollen on it, with a pile of it sitting on the wiper blades. It's like grit.

(04-14-2020, 11:07 PM)skyking Wrote: I have not driven the car in days, and i has a skin of yellow tree pollen on it, with a pile of it sitting on the wiper blades. It's like grit.
Hire a hive of bees.

After five years of giving myself allergy shots, I'm not allergic to anything anymore.   Just saying.    Whatcanisay
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bucky Ball, Fireball, Gawdzilla Sama

(04-15-2020, 12:00 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: After five years of giving myself allergy shots, I'm not allergic to anything anymore.   Just saying.    Whatcanisay

They won't let my wife do her own because of risk factors, but she's been going once a week for several years now. Cats don't bother her like they used to.

My cats want to speak to your cats. "Don't bother" indeed!

I've been suffering allergies since December, when cedar-fever season started, followed up by some sort of oak pollination ... but now I get ugly looks.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking, Fireball

(04-15-2020, 12:10 AM)skyking Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 12:00 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: After five years of giving myself allergy shots, I'm not allergic to anything anymore.   Just saying.    Whatcanisay

They won't let my wife do her own because of risk factors, but she's been going once a week for several years now. Cats don't bother her like they used to.

I was allergic to 176 different things.  It was horrible.  Pine trees, I was alergic to pine trees.  You and I living in the Northwest know about pine trees. They're everywhere.  Fur trees, I was allergic to those too. Many types of grasses and molds, cats, dogs, dust mite dung, horses, alder trees, thistle plants, plantain weeds, duck feathers...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Fireball

(04-15-2020, 12:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I've been suffering allergies since December, when cedar-fever season started, followed up by some sort of oak pollination ... but now I get ugly looks.

I lived in San Antone for a few years. Cedar Fever was some of the worst I have experienced!
The following 3 users Like Chimp3's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Gawdzilla Sama, skyking

(04-15-2020, 12:51 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 12:10 AM)skyking Wrote:

I was allergic to 176 different things.  It was horrible.  Pine trees, I was alergic to pine trees.  You and I living in the Northwest know about pine trees. They're everywhere.  Fur trees, I was allergic to those too. Many types of grasses and molds, cats, dogs, dust mite dung, horses, alder trees, thistle plants, plantain weeds, duck feathers...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I got tested many years ago, and found that I was allergic to almost 400 things. I took shots for a few years and still have problems, but not like I had back then.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Gawdzilla Sama

(04-15-2020, 01:28 AM)Chimp3 Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 12:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I've been suffering allergies since December, when cedar-fever season started, followed up by some sort of oak pollination ... but now I get ugly looks.

I lived in San Antone for a few years. Cedar Fever was some of the worst I have experienced!

Normally I only have a mild reaction, but this year it was rough and long, and through March and this far in April has overlapped the oaks (can't remember which, I think it's live oak) which start up in March. Suffering both at once sucks.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Chimp3, Gawdzilla Sama

(04-15-2020, 12:51 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:  Fur trees, I was allergic to those too.

Isn't that just a cat allergy? 

[Image: master:GPE022.jpg]
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 4 users Like Chas's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, skyking, Dancefortwo, Mark

Nice pussy, Chas.

What a pussy. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(04-14-2020, 11:07 PM)skyking Wrote: I have not driven the car in days, and i has a skin of yellow tree pollen on it, with a pile of it sitting on the wiper blades. It's like grit.

One day of pollen
[Image: pollen.jpg]

Going to pick up patanol eyedrops at Target. I can order and then pick up in the store as safely as possible.