Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Athiest

Old Athiest
I've been a self confirmed Athiest since I was 17 or 18. I'm nearly 60 now.  I was baptised as a Catholic when I was born and went to a Catholic primary school . Me and my brother trained as alter boys for my cousins wedding and I convinced my older brother to pinch the alter wine when the priest left the vestry. Lucky we were not sodomised as a result!  I started to think that God was all bullshit when as an 8 or 9 year old an other kid asked a nun whether the stories in the old testament were all true? Her response was that " You can't always believe the old testament but the new testament is all true".   Warning sirens started sounding for me with that answer!!   I went to a public high school and that is when I started to learn!  By the time I was heading to 17 the little faith I ever had in god had evaporated with a lot of self debate. My brother still believes in god even after one of our cousins who was catholic priest has been convicted of paedeophillia. He is a sick bastard!!  ( my cousin)  After all of this I would like to see the catholic and all the religions of the world banned.  Peace on earth can only be earned after this happens!  I'm not sure how or when this will ever happen when the religious have closed minds!  They need to brought to their knees, financially and personally!
The following 7 users Like Leon Wieckowski's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Fireball, Minimalist, Aegon, Cheerful Charlie, Tres Leches, brewerb

Old Athiest
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum.      Sun
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Old Athiest
(04-09-2020, 09:28 AM)Leon Wieckowski Wrote: I've been a self confirmed Athiest since I was 17 or 18. I'm nearly 60 now.  I was baptised as a Catholic when I was born and went to a Catholic primary school . Me and my brother trained as alter boys for my cousins wedding and I convinced my older brother to pinch the alter wine when the priest left the vestry. Lucky we were not sodomised as a result!  I started to think that God was all bullshit when as an 8 or 9 year old an other kid asked a nun whether the stories in the old testament were all true? Her response was that " You can't always believe the old testament but the new testament is all true".   Warning sirens started sounding for me with that answer!!   I went to a public high school and that is when I started to learn!  By the time I was heading to 17 the little faith I ever had in god had evaporated with a lot of self debate. My brother still believes in god even after one of our cousins who was catholic priest has been convicted of paedeophillia. He is a sick bastard!!  ( my cousin)  After all of this I would like to see the catholic and all the religions of the world banned.  Peace on earth can only be earned after this happens!  I'm not sure how or when this will ever happen when the religious have closed minds!  They need to brought to their knees, financially and personally!

Welcome! Fellow ex-catholic here. Pull up a chair and chime right in!  Chitchat
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Aegon, Tres Leches

Old Athiest
Welcome, kid.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Old Athiest
Howdy
R.I.P. Hannes

Old Athiest
Hello.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

Old Athiest
Any relation to the Wieckowski brothers?

[Image: neo-matrix_stop-bullets.jpg?itok=Bw4d9oUG]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Old Athiest
Welcome from a fellow recovered Catholic.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Tres Leches

Old Athiest
welcome!

Old Athiest
Welcome!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Old Athiest
Nothing creates atheists like catholick bullshittery.  Welcome aboard, friend.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Tres Leches

Old Athiest
(04-09-2020, 01:14 PM)Dom Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 09:28 AM)Leon Wieckowski Wrote: I've been a self confirmed Athiest since I was 17 or 18. I'm nearly 60 now.  I was baptised as a Catholic when I was born and went to a Catholic primary school . Me and my brother trained as alter boys for my cousins wedding and I convinced my older brother to pinch the alter wine when the priest left the vestry. Lucky we were not sodomised as a result!  I started to think that God was all bullshit when as an 8 or 9 year old an other kid asked a nun whether the stories in the old testament were all true? Her response was that " You can't always believe the old testament but the new testament is all true".   Warning sirens started sounding for me with that answer!!   I went to a public high school and that is when I started to learn!  By the time I was heading to 17 the little faith I ever had in god had evaporated with a lot of self debate. My brother still believes in god even after one of our cousins who was catholic priest has been convicted of paedeophillia. He is a sick bastard!!  ( my cousin)  After all of this I would like to see the catholic and all the religions of the world banned.  Peace on earth can only be earned after this happens!  I'm not sure how or when this will ever happen when the religious have closed minds!  They need to brought to their knees, financially and personally!

Welcome! Fellow ex-catholic here. Pull up a chair and chime right in!  Chitchat

Yep, there's quite a few of us!

@Leon Wieckowski welcome
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 1 user Likes Aegon's post:
  • Tres Leches

Old Athiest
(04-09-2020, 03:32 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Nothing creates atheists like catholick bullshittery.  Welcome aboard, friend.

So someone claimed to be devoted to God and you believed them, and it hurt you, so you don't believe anymore.

So some people claim to be devoted to God but really are devoted to dark desires and can't overcome them.

What of this is a reason to become Atheist and disbelieve?

Old Athiest
This is not the place for it, son. 

Try to obey some forum rules.
The following 5 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball, Tres Leches, SYZ, brewerb, Alan V

Old Athiest
(04-09-2020, 03:59 PM)Minimalist Wrote: This is not the place for it, son. 

Try to obey some forum rules.

He wants to get canned, I think.

Old Athiest
"Suicide by admin"?

Old Athiest
(04-09-2020, 04:36 PM)Minimalist Wrote: "Suicide by admin"?

Yep.

Old Athiest
(04-09-2020, 03:35 PM)Link Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 03:32 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Nothing creates atheists like catholick bullshittery.  Welcome aboard, friend.

So someone claimed to be devoted to God and you believed them, and it hurt you, so you don't believe anymore.

So some people claim to be devoted to God but really are devoted to dark desires and can't overcome them.

And what evidence do you have for making such outrageous claims against a person you have absolutely no knowledge of?
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Old Athiest
Welcome!

Old Athiest
Welcome Woof Leon!
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Old Athiest
(04-09-2020, 03:35 PM)Link Wrote: So someone claimed to be devoted to God and you believed them, and it hurt you, so you don't believe anymore.

This is an intro thread. Your disease (and it's compulsions) is not an excuse for you to be a dick.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Old Athiest
(04-10-2020, 02:13 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 03:35 PM)Link Wrote: So someone claimed to be devoted to God and you believed them, and it hurt you, so you don't believe anymore.

This is an intro thread. Your disease (and it's compulsions) is not an excuse for you to be a dick.

But is a reason he's a dick. Religious people carry foot-in-mouth disease.

Old Athiest
Howdy Leon.