Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where were you?

Where were you?
I was a Responsible Design Engineer for antennas on a MILSATCOM program.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Phaedrus

Where were you?
(03-25-2020, 01:34 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: 2225 Nursery Rd.
Clearwater, FL 33764

Won't reveal the apartment number, however. Happy hunting.

Current apartment price there: Zestimate®: $106,650.
Current monthly rental: Zestimate®: $1,000.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Where were you?
In 1989 I met my last girlfriend at an FFRF convention in St. Louis, MO. She turned out to be the best girlfriend I ever had in my life. She felt pretty much the same and said she'd never had a kinder, more intelligent boyfriend in her entire life. I couldn't believe my luck, especially considering that I was 19 years her senior.  Sun
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 6 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V, skyking, c172, Phaedrus, Deesse23, Tres Leches

Where were you?
(03-25-2020, 01:34 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 01:32 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Narcan wants to know your location.

2225 Nursery Rd.
Clearwater, FL 33764

Won't reveal the apartment number, however. Happy hunting.
I'll listen for agonal breathing. Thumbs Up
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus

Where were you?
My wife-to-be and I had moved into a single wide in a rural park near her parents. We needed to be close to care for them. My dad had been gone a year, and I was drinking as hard as I ever was. A year later I went sober.
Yesterday was our 34th anniversary BTW.
The following 9 users Like skyking's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Alan V, Fireball, Phaedrus, Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus, Tres Leches, Mark, Bcat

Where were you?
(03-25-2020, 03:09 PM)skyking Wrote: My wife-to-be and I had moved into a single wide in a rural park near her parents.  We needed to be close to care for them. My dad had been gone a year, and I was drinking as hard as I ever was. A year later I went sober.
Yesterday was our 34th anniversary BTW.

Thumbs Up
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Fireball, skyking

Where were you?
I was living in a home unit in Melbourne, and had been put out of engineering work caused by
the Australian economic recession.  I was working as a car detailer for AU$50 per vehicle, and
I could usually detail two cars per day, although the work was very sporadic, and I couldn't
maintain my mortgage repayments.  Bank interest then was 17.5% pa, so the bank effectively
gave me the option of selling my unit, or facing a mortgagee auction.  I sold the unit, and made
a decent profit, but then had to start throwing money down the toilet by renting.  

I gave up smoking—40 per day—but developed a life-threatening case of peritonitis.  So much
for a return on my health investment LOL.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 4 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Alan V, skyking, Phaedrus, Mark

Where were you?
December of that year? No clue. Dreading the upcoming 90's (which I'm now oddly nostalgic for, just like the 80's)? Mid-year I had represented the United States in a youth wheelchair track and field meet. Home turf, University of Miami, so I didn't get to travel anywhere exotic.

Boring year overall, though, IIRC.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • skyking, Phaedrus

Where were you?
21y. Just started university.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 3 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • skyking, Phaedrus, Tres Leches

Where were you?
I was in the Air Force, facing possible deployment supporting our invasion of Panama, and very uninterested in television.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23, skyking

Where were you?
Busy with nonexistence.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 7 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Fireball, skyking, Phaedrus, Deesse23, Tres Leches, Finite Monkeys, Bcat

Where were you?
December 1989, I would have been 1 and 1/2 years old Smile [so I was born at the very least haha].

I honestly don't know what I was doing back then - I lived with my mother + father at the time, they were both 18/19ish [Young parents] and trying to work full time/support me/run a house etc. I think my father had just started his job that he still has to this day, and my mother was trying to get a better job as she didn't do all that well in high school - thanks to my arrival haha.

I can't really remember anything from before I was around 4 years old, so I imagine standard toddler stuff Smile
The following 3 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Phaedrus, SYZ, skyking

Where were you?
(03-25-2020, 12:16 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: The year is 1989, it's December, and the year is almost over except it is the beginning of a show that will enthrall the world.

I am referring to The Simpsons.

Where were you, what was going on in your life at that time. If you weren't born yet, screw you.

I was ten years old.  Confused   That is all I remember.

Your turn.

I was in my first semester of college and was about to start a job at Pizza Hut. I worked there though college and made friends that I still have today. Good times.

Fun fact: The Simpsons started as shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show before it was given its own half hour show.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Phaedrus, Alan V

Where were you?
1989?  Probably coaching a Little League game.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus

Where were you?
(03-25-2020, 12:16 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: The year is 1989, it's December, and the year is almost over except it is the beginning of a show that will enthrall the world.

I am referring to The Simpsons.

Where were you, what was going on in your life at that time. If you weren't born yet, screw you.

I was ten years old.  Confused   That is all I remember.

Your turn.

I was 22 and a newly qualified RN working in orthopaedics.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Phaedrus

Where were you?
I would have been finishing up my first placement as a student teacher working at a junior high school in San Leandro that went grade 7 to grade 9.  I remember chaperoning a dance where I saw what must have been a ninth grade boy dancing with a girl who was barely more than half his height.  Weird.

Earlier in that fall semester I had started out being placed as a salaried teacher at a high school in Alameda before having begun any instruction in teaching at all, but I bailed after two weeks, realizing I wasn't learning anything.  On the way home from my last day there I was headed to pick up my stepson from the Piedmont Boys Choir when the Loma Prieta earthquake happened, as his mom was out of town.  Had I not have turned off I would have been on the lower level of the Cypress structure which collapsed killing so many people.

The following fall I started teaching in my own classroom and "eat my shorts" and other bits from the Simpsons were quite popular.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 4 users Like Mark's post:
  • Alan V, Tres Leches, Dānu, Phaedrus

Where were you?
I was four years old and wouldn't be introduced to the Simpsons for another year or two.

Aside from that I don't remember much about that particular month.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Phaedrus