Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science-Related YouTube Channels

Fraser Cain

Isaac Arthur

PBS Space Time

Event Horizon

Sean Carroll

World Science Festival

Great way to spend time while in lockdown, too. You're welcome. Big Grin
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Aegon, Bcat, tomilay

My favorite channel on YT: Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 1 user Likes Aegon's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

A little more lightweight, but still interesting sciency stuff...

https://www.vsauce.com/vsauce1/#/
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Briane Greene announced a new video series: Your Daily Equation. 

Sean Carroll started his own video series as well  Big Grin

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • brunumb, SYZ

NASAWallops - The YouTube of Wallops Flight Facility (WFF) (IATA: WAL, ICAO: KWAL, FAA LID: WAL), a rocket launch site on Wallops Island on the Eastern Shore of VirginiaUnited States, just east of the Delmarva Peninsula and approximately 100 miles (160 km) north-northeast of Norfolk. The facility is operated by the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, and primarily serves to support science and exploration missions for NASA and other Federal agencies. WFF includes an extensively instrumented range to support launches of more than a dozen types of sounding rockets;[1] small expendable suborbital and orbital rockets;[2] high-altitude balloon flights carrying scientific instruments for atmospheric and astronomical research; and, using its Research Airport, flight tests of aeronautical research aircraft, including unmanned aerial vehicles. (from Wikipedia)

Spacex - More rocket/satellite launches. Space Exploration Technologies Corp., trading as SpaceX, is a private American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California. It was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk with the goal of reducing space transportation costs to enable the colonization of Mars.[7][8][9] SpaceX has developed several launch vehicles and the Dragon spacecraft.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Oh, hell, how many you want?

Applied Science
Matt Parker: Standup Mathematician
Periodic Videos
Professor Julius Sumner Miller
Dr Paul M Sutter (head scientist at COSI, the local science museum)

And on the science as art side:
A Capella Science
Melodysheep
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 1 user Likes trdsf's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Since we're on rocketry, or at least I am, ULA Launch is about to launch a rocket in a few minutes.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • GenesisNemesis