Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well that's that

Well that's that
Apart from one unavoidable exception I am never setting foot in the United States again. If only I knew back then what I know now.
Every day is a brick that builds up the road upon which we walk. Make it a good road.
The following 3 users Like Kepler's Dream's post:
  • Mathilda, Aroura, Phaedrus

Well that's that
Better situation elsewhere or dislike of the US?

Well that's that
Where in the world are you now?

Well that's that
Hi Kepler's Dream!
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Well that's that
(03-09-2020, 09:45 PM)Kepler's Dream Wrote: I am never setting foot in the United States again.

And I am never setting foot outside the U.S. again.  It's not so bad here.   Blinksmiley

Well that's that
(03-09-2020, 10:07 PM)Alan V Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 09:45 PM)Kepler's Dream Wrote: I am never setting foot in the United States again.

And I am never setting foot outside the U.S. again.  It's not so bad here.   Blinksmiley

Ask me on the day after the election.........
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Alan V

Well that's that
I rented hotel rooms in seventy-two countries. People pretty much the same everywhere.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Alan V, Chimp3, Marozz

Well that's that
Man these grapes are sour.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

Well that's that
(03-09-2020, 10:07 PM)Alan V Wrote:

It's a wonderful country and a great place to live.  I feel very fortunate and lucky to be in the US.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Alan V

Well that's that
That's great, now I have more elbow room.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Alan V

Well that's that
(03-09-2020, 11:09 PM)no one Wrote: That's great, now I have more elbow room.

And more tacos for you to eat.....assuming Kepler eats tacos.
                                                         T4618

Well that's that
I was going to mention the taco bonus, but tacos are not are not exclusive to the American region.

And seriously, who in their right mind doesn't eat tacos?

Well that's that
I'd love to expat to Bonaire, but my Dutch and Papiamento are nonexistent.
Is this sig thing on?

Well that's that
(03-09-2020, 09:45 PM)Kepler's Dream Wrote: Apart from one unavoidable exception I am never setting foot in the United States again. If only I knew back then what I know now.

What do you know now?

Well that's that
(03-10-2020, 11:38 AM)Alan V Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 09:45 PM)Kepler's Dream Wrote: Apart from one unavoidable exception I am never setting foot in the United States again. If only I knew back then what I know now.

What do you know now?

Oh I can answer this one. But I’ll refrain until I get permission from @Dom  to do so.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

Well that's that
(03-10-2020, 05:09 PM)Joods Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 11:38 AM)Alan V Wrote:

What do you know now?

Oh I can answer this one. But I’ll refrain until I get permission from @Dom  to do so.

I'd rather you all settled this in private, there are PM functions for that.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Joods

Well that's that
Yabut, who are you?
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Joods

Well that's that
(03-10-2020, 06:30 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Yabut, who are you?

The policeman knows.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 3 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Joods, TheGentlemanBastard

Well that's that
(03-10-2020, 06:00 PM)Dom Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:09 PM)Joods Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 11:38 AM)Alan V Wrote: What do you know now?

I'd rather you all settled this in private, there are PM functions for that.

He’s on ignore. But I will respect you and my friends here on the forum and not go into it further.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 2 users Like Joods's post:
  • Dom, TheGentlemanBastard

Well that's that

Some second chances are appreciated, others abused. Too bad this one couldn't be appreciated.

Don't let it hit ya, Stimbo.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Joods

Well that's that

Buh-bye. Wave
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Well that's that
Best advice I've heard on where to live is "Go where you're comfortable." Two old friends now live in Palmerston, Oz. Moved there from Montana. They get daily chuckles now by reading the forecast for Missoula.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Well that's that
I would say that if Trumpolini is elected a second time I am so out of here .. except I know that is giving the little dictator and his fact-free minions way too much power over something which would entail one hell of a lot of bother on my part. Screw that. Whatever else it may be, this place where I live is familiar. That makes it comfy psychologically even if hazardous where guns are concerned. Besides no where I could go to would be tailored to me perfectly either. So far, we are free to at least bitch about everything that is wrong with this place and have some freedom to get off our lard asses to change it. (Doesn't mean it will be easy since there are so many minions who don't want to hear our bitching let alone entertain our proposed fixes.)

So, Kepler's Dream, if that is truly your name, by all means stay put wherever it is which feels comfy familiar to you. As far as I'm concerned you're welcome here.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Well that's that
Yes, Kepler's Dream is my real name. We had to have the vicar rubbed out.
Every day is a brick that builds up the road upon which we walk. Make it a good road.