Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus' Mission....

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 06:48 AM)ronedee Wrote: ... I'll just go now! ...

Buhbye! Rolleyes

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 06:40 AM)ronedee Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:24 AM)Cavebear Wrote: It is frustrating.  All I want from a discussion board is a place free of completely superstitious religious idiots to discuss real world issues and problems and how to solve them.  

Do I need to spend a few months learning how to set up my own discussion site where I can just toss the religious off at first recognition?  I got bored arguing with fools a decade ago, but I can't seem to escape them.

That sounds more like something you would do at home alone, under the sheets?

Another reason these forums are so boring. It's all incestuous and inbreed. Nothing interesting at all.

It's probably a mental exercise in blocking out theism, that can't be accomplished in any other way. 

But, is that challenging to the mind, or personally rewarding? heh, I guess it would be for most of you.

....just delivering a message. Do whatever you will.

"under the sheets"? You've got to be kidding. I have a desktop. It wouldn't work under the sheets.

"Another reason these forums are so boring. It's all incestuous and inbreed. Nothing interesting at all."

Well, I'm trying to change that. I don't know anyone here (well Gawdzilla Sama) so I'm neither incestuous nor inbred in that sense. Heck, I wouldn't even mate with myself.

"It's probably a mental exercise in blocking out theism, that can't be accomplished in any other way"

I don't need to block out theism. Other that at sites like this, theism doesn't even come up in my daily life. Unlike theists. That is sort of what "atheism" means. A lack of theism in daily life.

"But, is that challenging to the mind, or personally rewarding"

The subject of atheism seldom crosses my mind. Its not like I spend my day thinking "atheism". It only comes to mind when I meet irrational superstitious people who believe in deities.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 05:30 AM)ronedee Wrote: The curse of death for sin: Gen 2:17 "…but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” KJV

14. Genesis 16:8

And he said “Hagar, Sarai’s slave girl, where have you come from and where are you going?” She answered, “I’m running away from Sarai, my mistress.” The angel of the Lord said to her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to ill treatment at her hands.”

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 06:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: If the best an omnipotent being can do is stage a dramatic sacrifice, then color me unimpressed.

And what does he do with the sacrifice? Are they used as a form of fuel without which he'll fade away? Or does he just enjoy seeing people lose something that they value for shits and giggles?
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • Phaedrus

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 06:03 AM)ronedee Wrote: A Mini wanna-be! Get some new lines.

You're a dumbass. You don't even remember me. 

(11-12-2019, 06:03 AM)ronedee Wrote: There are thousands of atheists out of work, and I get you? ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz ~ pffft

Imagine how we feel -- there are many cool believers out there, but we get an addled-brained fucktart like you, who couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag, and who has all the entertainment value of a paint-drying race. Welcome once more to my ignore list, loser.
On hiatus.

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 06:24 AM)Cavebear Wrote: It is frustrating.  All I want from a discussion board is a place free of completely superstitious religious idiots to discuss real world issues and problems and how to solve them.  

Do I need to spend a few months learning how to set up my own discussion site where I can just toss the religious off at first recognition?  I got bored arguing with fools a decade ago, but I can't seem to escape them.

Click on his screenname. On the right-hand side of his profile page you'll see a tab titled "Add to Ignore List".

I don't often block users, but for one this moronic and vapid, I'll happily make an exception, myself.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 11:02 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:03 AM)ronedee Wrote: A Mini wanna-be! Get some new lines.

You're a dumbass. You don't even remember me. 

(11-12-2019, 06:03 AM)ronedee Wrote: There are thousands of atheists out of work, and I get you? ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz ~ pffft

Imagine how we feel -- there are many cool believers out there, but we get an addled-brained fucktart like you, who couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag, and who has all the entertainment value of a paint-drying race. Welcome once more to my ignore list, loser.

There are "cool believers? I never met a theist I would trust not to burn me at the stake if they had a chance. And bring an audience to cheer the event.

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 11:13 AM)Cavebear Wrote: There are "cool believers?  I never met a theist I would trust not to burn me at the stake if they had a chance. And bring an audience to cheer the event.

Maybe you should get out more, then.
On hiatus.

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 05:30 AM)ronedee Wrote: The curse of death for sin: Gen 2:17 "…but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” KJV

The only way to eradicate the curse: is for a man to live free from sin, and suffer death. Because; death was only meant for sinners!

How does a man live [free of sin]? Man cannot. He can only repeat it. God, in the person of Jesus can, and does live sin free. 

And you believe that nonsense?  You are so credulous

Everyone dies permanently, good and bad.  Religious people invented a problem which doesn't exist so they could sell a cure which won't work.  

Believing in an afterlife is fantasy and greed. Get over yourself.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Gwaithmir, brunumb

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 11:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 11:13 AM)Cavebear Wrote: There are "cool believers?  I never met a theist I would trust not to burn me at the stake if they had a chance. And bring an audience to cheer the event.

Perchance you have theistic friends that you tolerate or that tolerate you. I do not. I am surrounded by theists. They think the world climate cannot be changing because "only God can do that". They blame murders of "evil" rather than hatred. They think vaccines are "against God's plan".

One decided to burn tree cuttings under small dry trees and against my fence. Because, she said, "God would protect". I had to threaten to call the fire department.

Maybe we have different neighbors...

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 05:30 AM)ronedee Wrote: ....for the causal layman, those lacking understanding, or even interest:

The curse of death for sin: Gen 2:17 "…but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” KJV

The only way to eradicate the curse: is for a man to live free from sin, and suffer death. Because; death was only meant for sinners!

How does a man live [free of sin]? Man cannot. He can only repeat it. God, in the person of Jesus can, and does live sin free. And in the process; Teaches us “The Way, 
the Truth, and the Life.” He also atones for our sins, and reconciles Himself to man, for putting sin in front of us to begin with. Much like Him saying, "I am sharing 
in your humanity, and death so I might save all from eternal damnation." And Jesus dies at OUR sentencing and hands, sinless. The curse is then broken!

Death, then becomes a door instead of a destination! And in heeding His teachings, we avoid the “Second Death” (death of the soul). 

And all this..... without disrupting Free Will. AMAZING!

In even simpler terms? God is not asking us to do something He wouldn’t do Himself. And out of pure love for ALL of us! Amen

Second death is preferable to submitting to a god that demands blood sacrifice.  

#happywithmyhandbasket
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • Alan V

Jesus' Mission....
Excellent! I've missed having chew toys since TTA closed, this one looks juicy and flavoursome and dumb enough for even an unskilled and inexperienced debater like myself to have some fun with. My mouth waters, don't y'all scare him away now.  Big Grin
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • Alan V, brunumb

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 11:35 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 11:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

Perchance you have theistic friends that you tolerate or that tolerate you.  I do not.  I am surrounded by theists.  They think the world  climate cannot be changing because "only God can do that".  They blame murders of "evil" rather than hatred.  They think vaccines are "against God's plan".  

One decided to burn tree cuttings under small dry trees and against my fence.  Because, she said, "God would protect".  I had to threaten to call the fire department.

There are some OK ones out there, here on AD we have Catholic Lady for example who is a real sweetie then there's Aliza who is either mod or admin (I can't remember which) she's a Jewish girl who believes in a god and she's delightful.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 12:03 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 11:35 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 11:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Maybe you should get out more, then.

Perchance you have theistic friends that you tolerate or that tolerate you.  I do not.  I am surrounded by theists.  They think the world  climate cannot be changing because "only God can do that".  They blame murders of "evil" rather than hatred.  They think vaccines are "against God's plan".  

One decided to burn tree cuttings under small dry trees and against my fence.  Because, she said, "God would protect".  I had to threaten to call the fire department.

There are some OK ones out there, here on AD we have Catholic Lady for example who is a real sweetie then there's Aliza who is either mod or admin (I can't remember which) she's a Jewish girl who believes in a god and she's delightful.

I like Jewish people; they don't try to convert me. In fact, they don't even want me to join them. Chuckle
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Alan V, adey67

Jesus' Mission....
@ronedee

Jesus did nothing for me. I didn't eat the apple.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V

Jesus' Mission....
@ronedee: If god didn't create the tree we wouldn't be in this fuckin mess and there would be no need for a jesus. 

Can't you see that god is the screwup?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Chas

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 12:51 PM)brewerb Wrote: @ronedee: If god didn't create the tree we wouldn't be in this fuckin mess and there would be no need for a jesus. 

Can't you see that god is the screwup?

But if he hadn't created it, he wouldn't have been able to watch us wanking. The dirty pervert.
He loves me?  Facepalm
The following 1 user Likes NorthernBen's post:
  • adey67

Jesus' Mission....
On that note, the irony of a supposedly omniscient deity is that he supposedly cares about you masturbating and spilling your seed on the ground, yet he watches priests molest kids and does nothing.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 01:06 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: On that note, the irony of a supposedly omniscient deity is that he supposedly cares about you masturbating and spilling your seed on the ground, yet he watches priests molest kids and does nothing.

Of course he does... They get promoted.
He loves me?  Facepalm

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 01:38 PM)NorthernBen Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 01:06 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: On that note, the irony of a supposedly omniscient deity is that he supposedly cares about you masturbating and spilling your seed on the ground, yet he watches priests molest kids and does nothing.

Of course he does... They get promoted.

Is this a sex act euphemism?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 06:19 AM)ronedee Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: If the best an omnipotent being can do is stage a dramatic sacrifice, then color me unimpressed.

It all has to do w/ Free Will. 

If a robot is what you would consider a viable companion for ETERNITY? Color me very impressed!

According to Christianity, God created all.  And God is perfectly good, just, fair, compassionate and merciful. Specific Bible claims. And God is perfectly omniscient, knowing the future in all details.

Now if God creates all and is perfectly omniscient, to create anything, God must choose an initial state of creation for any world God actualizes.  But from any given starting point, God knows what future that will create.  If in that world, John is evil, and therefore damned to eternal torment in hell, that is completely God's doing, John has no choice of how God creates him to be evil.  Therefore condemning John to hell is not good, not fair, just, compassionate or merciful.

If in this world there was a Genghis Khan, Hitler, Stalin, Mao and other infamous mass murderers, God chose that world he created to have these evil beings.  Hitler had no free will to not be evil, nor his victims to not be his victims.

Do you see now why us strong atheists don't believe a word people like you say about anything?  This theology means free will does not and cannot exist.  It means God determines all that happens to the smallest detail.  That includes all moral evil that has ever existed, exists, or will ever exist.  This is what we get when we follow the Christian claims about the nature of the Universe to their logical conclusions.

Now, go away and stop crapping in our nice clean forum, please.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Alan V, adey67

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 05:30 AM)ronedee Wrote: ....for the causal layman, those lacking understanding, or even interest:

The curse of death for sin: Gen 2:17 "…but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” KJV

How does a man live [free of sin]? Man cannot. He can only repeat it. God, in the person of Jesus can, and does live sin free. And in the process; Teaches us “The Way, 
the Truth, and the Life.” He also atones for our sins, and reconciles Himself to man, for putting sin in front of us to begin with. Much like Him saying, "I am sharing 
in your humanity, and death so I might save all from eternal damnation." And Jesus dies at OUR sentencing and hands, sinless. The curse is then broken!

Death, then becomes a door instead of a destination! And in heeding His teachings, we avoid the “Second Death” (death of the soul). 

And all this..... without disrupting Free Will. AMAZING!

In even simpler terms? God is not asking us to do something He wouldn’t do Himself. And out of pure love for ALL of us! Amen

[Image: I_Can_Typing.gif]

It's only the squeaky wheel, in need of some grease.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Alan V

Jesus' Mission....

You should have stopped right there.  Take your garbage elsewhere.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 2 users Like Chas's post:
  • Phaedrus, Gwaithmir

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 06:40 AM)ronedee Wrote: It's all incestuous and inbreed.

Yup. The Babble has god condoned incest and inbreeding.  Go read it sometime.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67

Jesus' Mission....
(11-12-2019, 06:14 AM)ronedee Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:06 AM)Minimalist Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 05:45 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Ronedee is actually a long-time forum troll from back when TTA was up and running.

Yep.  And he's still an asshole who thinks saying that silly shit means anything.

Sad really.  Such a wasted life.

Talk about waste? The same ol crap from your hole for years. The bogus phantom of the anti's slipping in and out of forums like a foul oder. 

The Good News is there is even hope for you! Repent and be saved, my spiny backed friend. Get off your belly and walk like a mammal. Be healed!

The good news is that there is no good news.  When you die you're dead and at least then you'll stop spouting this ridiculous, primitive bullshit that you find so impressive.

Grow up, sonny.  You're on your own.

You may as well worship Osiris for all the fucking good it does you.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”