Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman has no right over her own body

[Image: cole_nobody.jpg]
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.

(11-11-2019, 04:32 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: "A woman has no right over her own body, it belongs to god"  

Really?  So this must means a woman's uterus belongs to god.  Which also means we can blame god for the 1 in 4 miscarriages that take place in all pregnancies.  This inturn means god aborts millions of babies a year. Which also means god runs the largest abortion clinic on the planet Earth.  It all makes sense now.   Thumbs Up

I mean, if a woman’s body belongs to god, god kind of also gave us free will and the ability to have abortions, among other things to enforce our free will and even save our lives, so would that also mean god endorsed abortions?

Maybe god is a guy I can get behind  Winking
The following 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post:
  • epronovost

(11-12-2019, 04:55 AM)ronedee Wrote: No one is dragging women kicking and screaming, away from abortion clinics. Nor is anyone revoking Roe.

What is obvious though, is that Life is ever becoming diminished, and cheap.

There is no respect for human Life. Especially for infants, and the elderly.... because of "inconvenience".

And the disrespect doesn’t go unnoticed by our children. The insensitivity is handed down, and taken to
new levels of callous behavior.

And where does it end? Who would’ve thought even a decade ago; that infanticide would be an acceptable form of abortion?
Leaving a born alive baby, on a gurney, or in a bucket to die. Alone.

Hideous.

If one has that inhuman right? Another, should at least have the right to speak against it. Because none have the legal physical means to stop it.

The typical bullshit talking points you swallow go straight through you like shit through a goose and come out the other end, don't they?

Quote:The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

~ Attributed to Socrates (469–399 B.C.), (Quote Investigator)

It should give you some pause that people have been sounding the alarm since time immemorial and yet the sky hasn't fallen. I have a hunch it won't.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 4 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Phaedrus, Szuchow, Tres Leches, brewerb

(11-12-2019, 04:55 AM)ronedee Wrote: No one is dragging women kicking and screaming, away from abortion clinics. Nor is anyone revoking Roe.

Anti-abortionists would if they could, and they are trying to undercut women's rights in other ways too.  Don't you read the news?

(11-12-2019, 04:55 AM)ronedee Wrote: What is obvious though, is that Life is ever becoming diminished, and cheap.

You are saying this in the U.S., where human life is valued so highly?  Take your argument to Africa, India, or China, where over-population diminishes the value of human lives.

(11-12-2019, 04:55 AM)ronedee Wrote: There is no respect for human Life. Especially for infants, and the elderly.... because of "inconvenience".

And the disrespect doesn’t go unnoticed by our children. The insensitivity is handed down, and taken to

A slippery slope argument.

(11-12-2019, 04:55 AM)ronedee Wrote: And where does it end? Who would’ve thought even a decade ago; that infanticide would be an acceptable form of abortion?

A strawman argument, another fallacy.  I now know you enjoy feeling morally superior, and are willing to lie about others to feel that way.

So much for Christian morality....
The following 3 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Szuchow, Phaedrus, Chas

False.
Your post has so many levels of intellectual dishonesty it can be quickly dismissed out of hand. People like you will never win or gain control over my body. Never.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Fireball, Phaedrus

(11-12-2019, 04:55 AM)ronedee Wrote: ...And where does it end? Who would’ve thought even a decade ago; that infanticide would be an acceptable form of abortion?

I'm not sure from where you got this notion of abortion being the equivalent of infanticide.
Infanticide is defined legally as the act of deliberately causing the death of a very young child
under 12 months of age.

The termination of a pregnancy is carried out on a non-viable foetus.  In other words there is no
child involved.

Personally, I think this connection you've endeavoured to establish is absurd, and only reinforces
the dark ages opinions of the  Arkansas megachurch pastor Jeff Crawford, who, incidentally is not
a biologist, nor a scientist, nor even a medical doctor.  He does not, and cannot know the technical
intricacies of any clinical procedure, or the psychology of the woman intimately involved or her
reasons for the termination.  If a live birth would kill the mother, apparently you'd be more than
happy with that in order to ensure the newborn's life?   Seriously mate?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 5 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Alan V, Fireball, Phaedrus, brunumb, Chas

What is obvious though, is that Life is ever becoming diminished, and cheap.

There is no respect for human Life. Especially for infants, and the elderly.... because of "inconvenience".

And where does it end? Who would’ve thought even a decade ago; that infanticide would be an acceptable form of abortion?

Hideous.

If one has that inhuman right? Another, should at least have the right to speak against it. Because none have the legal physical means to stop it.

I see you're not much of a history buff. 

Or maybe you are, it's just a revisionist apologist history.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Fireball

(11-13-2019, 01:45 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:

False.
Your post has so many levels of intellectual dishonesty it can be quickly dismissed out of hand. People like you will never win or gain control over my body. Never.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

-Teresa

I'm kind of puzzled how people like ronedee with such a low level of reasoning skill can function in society, let alone post (at least semi-cogently) on the internet. It just boggles my mind. Must be a parrot like drainy?  Huh
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Tres Leches

(11-13-2019, 03:13 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 01:45 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:

False.

-Teresa

I'm kind of puzzled how people like ronedee with such a low level of reasoning skill can function in society, let alone post (at least semi-cogently) on the internet. It just boggles my mind. Must be a parrot like drainy?  Huh

It's the old New Yorker cartoon - "On the internet nobody knows you're a dog".

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Fireball

(11-13-2019, 03:40 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 03:13 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 01:45 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: False.

-Teresa

-Teresa

Or a pencil-armed 14 year-old boy with a great command of invective.  hobo
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Tres Leches

(11-13-2019, 04:33 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 03:40 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 03:13 AM)Fireball Wrote: I'm kind of puzzled how people like ronedee with such a low level of reasoning skill can function in society, let alone post (at least semi-cogently) on the internet. It just boggles my mind. Must be a parrot like drainy?  Huh

-Teresa

Or a pencil-armed 14 year-old boy with a great command of invective.  hobo

Or a cat with opposable thumbs.
Meow.

-Teresa

The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Fireball

(11-13-2019, 02:28 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 04:55 AM)ronedee Wrote: ...And where does it end? Who would’ve thought even a decade ago; that infanticide would be an acceptable form of abortion?

I'm not sure from where you got this notion of abortion being the equivalent of infanticide.
Infanticide is defined legally as the act of deliberately causing the death of a very young child
under 12 months of age.

The termination of a pregnancy is carried out on a non-viable foetus.  In other words there is no
child involved.

Personally, I think this connection you've endeavoured to establish is absurd, and only reinforces
the dark ages opinions of the  Arkansas megachurch pastor Jeff Crawford, who, incidentally is not
a biologist, nor a scientist, nor even a medical doctor.  He does not, and cannot know the technical
intricacies of any clinical procedure, or the psychology of the woman intimately involved or her
reasons for the termination.  If a live birth would kill the mother, apparently you'd be more than

What's this... Swiss Cheese?

Quis ut Deus?

(11-12-2019, 12:06 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 04:22 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I do wonder why women put up with their horseshit.

Ladies?

It's one of the reasons why I dumped religion. Anyone who thinks they control my uterus doesn't deserve my attention.

-Teresa

The woman's uterus.. A very serious topic. I for one would never joke about it, Period.
He loves me?  Facepalm
The following 3 users Like NorthernBen's post:
  • Fireball, Tres Leches, epronovost

(11-13-2019, 06:16 PM)ronedee Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 02:28 AM)SYZ Wrote:

under 12 months of age.

child involved.

You very clearly did not understand what was said.  Weeping

The only Swiss cheese here is your brain.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 3 users Like Chas's post:
  • SYZ, brunumb, Fireball

(11-15-2019, 03:48 AM)Chas Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 06:16 PM)ronedee Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 02:28 AM)SYZ Wrote: I'm not sure from where you got this notion of abortion being the equivalent of infanticide.
under 12 months of age.

child involved.

You very clearly did not understand what was said.  Weeping

The only Swiss cheese here is your brain.

Xtian spongeform encephalitis.  Nod