Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That dead body ritual

That dead body ritual
(11-05-2019, 03:12 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 10:49 PM)Dom Wrote: Wasn't there some exhibition going around that displayed preserved bodies showing muscles and whatnot?

I saw that when it came through my city about 10 years ago.
Disturbingly, afterwards, I learned that the exhibition may have used executed Chinese political prisoners. It still bothers me to this day that I went to see this exhibition.

-Teresa

Didn't see it but wished I had.  If I knew the bodies used were harvested without the owner's permission, I wouldn't like that of course.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Tres Leches

That dead body ritual
I want the survivors of the accident to continue surviving.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Phaedrus

That dead body ritual
I would hope for my body to be harvested for transplant, and the rest cremated.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Phaedrus, SYZ

That dead body ritual
(11-04-2019, 10:43 PM)grympy Wrote: In Oz, pretty sure  you are  not required to use a funeral director, and can bury a person on your property, with council permission...

Not here in Victoria...

The Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2003 provides that burial outside public cemeteries is prohibited.
Under s. 114 of the Act, it is an offence to bury a body in a place other than a public cemetery. This
offence may attract a penalty of 5 years imprisonment.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

That dead body ritual
If Elvis died in Teshi (Ghana), he would have been buried in a guitar coffin. Residents
of this Accran suburb bury their dead in fantasy coffins. The casket often represents
the profession of the deceased. Giant replicas of Coke bottles, fruits or gadgets are
displayed in coffin showrooms.

[Image: fantasycoffin.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Phaedrus

That dead body ritual
(11-04-2019, 12:59 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: What is happening with your body upon your death?

I have always wanted to be cremated, but lately I have been entertaining the idea of donating my body to science.

But where are you going to donate your hair? Wink  Tongue
The following 2 users Like Jenny's post:
  • Fireball, Phaedrus