Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another re-introduction

Another re-introduction
Hey guys checking in, hope everyone is well and in good health. 

Basically awhile back I was getting frustrated with Politics discussions and I thought it best to take a break, and the break ended up extending quite a bit.  I had an epiphany that I was not really enjoying in the least discussing political issues. I do enjoy having non-political social interactions with you guys and I always want to hug somebody when they are expressing their struggles and want to feel like I can get a hug when I express mine.  It's still nice to have an on-line home.
The following 9 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Alan V, Phaedrus, Gwaithmir, Mark, adey67, Dancefortwo, Marozz, Tres Leches, Free

Another re-introduction
(11-03-2019, 12:44 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Hey guys checking in, hope everyone is well and in good health. 

Basically awhile back I was getting frustrated with Politics discussions and I thought it best to take a break, and the break ended up extending quite a bit.  I had an epiphany that I was not really enjoying in the least discussing political issues.  I do enjoy having non-political social interactions with you guys and I always want to hug somebody when they are expressing their struggles and want to feel like I can get a hug when I express mine.  It's still nice to have an on-line home.

Good to see you back! Welcome home  Thumbs Up
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 4 users Like Dom's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Alan V, adey67, Tres Leches

Another re-introduction
Glad to see you back, bud.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Another re-introduction
Hug
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Another re-introduction
Welcome back!
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Another re-introduction
Tacos?

Another re-introduction
Yabut, who are you!?  Tongue Maybe you'll be different in your approach, now?  Angel
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Another re-introduction
(11-03-2019, 02:32 AM)Fireball Wrote: Yabut, who are you!?  Tongue Maybe you'll be different in your approach, now?  Angel

Definitely!

Another re-introduction
#LockHimUp!
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Another re-introduction
(11-03-2019, 12:44 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Hey guys checking in, hope everyone is well and in good health. 

Basically awhile back I was getting frustrated with Politics discussions and I thought it best to take a break, and the break ended up extending quite a bit.  I had an epiphany that I was not really enjoying in the least discussing political issues.  I do enjoy having non-political social interactions with you guys and I always want to hug somebody when they are expressing their struggles and want to feel like I can get a hug when I express mine.  It's still nice to have an on-line home.

I avoid political discussion when possible. Thumbs Up
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Another re-introduction
No probs mate.  Good to see you back.      Smile
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Another re-introduction

Hola, como esta instead?  I think we all need to figure out how to have less polarizing conversations about politics. (Either that or figure out a way to sterilize republicans.)   Angel

Seriously good to have you back.  I've been highly distracted by RL myself so maybe we will be catching up at the same time.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Tres Leches

Another re-introduction
Welcome home brother I'm glad you're back.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Another re-introduction
Good to see you Jerry Smile
The following 1 user Likes OakTree500's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Another re-introduction
I was wondering where the heck you went. I'm glad you're back. Smile

Not to take away from your re-introduction but I have to confess I got sucked into haunting mostly the politics forum recently and jeez there are so many other interesting forums and topics here. I've been off the site for a bit but only a week or two. I think I'll keep my political stuff on a news website that I frequent.

Cheers!  Smile 

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • jerry mcmasters