Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFOs: No Longer Crazy?

(3 hours ago)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(3 hours ago)Cavebear Wrote:
(5 hours ago)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Doh! The rocket pushed against the front of the rocket ship, not against the ground under it.

I had in mind more explosive thrusters against mass in a series of stages.
Remember that mass approaches infinity as speed approaches the speed of light. You don't start from zero when you launch from a vehicle traveling at 99% of the speed of light. I actually proposed this in the fifth grade, and the teacher just did a forehead slam.

Stop with the speed of light crap! It's starting to piss me off. I'm not even THINKING about beating "speed of light[". I never CONSIDERED trying to beat the speed of light. I'm just trying to think of ways to get more small probes out there at slightly faster speeds than current! And I'm not even assuming from Earth. Moon launchings would work better. Less gravity for mass to be launched.
Theists disbelieve in all deities but one.  I just disbelieve in one less.

If you're going to get anywhere you're going to have be going very, very fast.
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  

Well yes and all the more reason to either ignore him or pay attention. Nutbars are nutlikely to rule the world.

(57 minutes ago)Cavebear Wrote: Well yes and all the more reason to either ignore him or pay attention.  Nutbars are nutlikely to rule the world.
Bad idea. The best course is to address the issues without bothering to engage the loon. I read Frank Edward's books back in the '60s and my alarm bells went off promptly when I couldn't find anything else on these great "discoveries" of his. The cynic was born.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear

(43 minutes ago)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(57 minutes ago)Cavebear Wrote: Well yes and all the more reason to either ignore him or pay attention.  Nutbars are nutlikely to rule the world.
Bad idea. The best course is to address the issues without bothering to engage the loon. I read Frank Edward's books back in the '60s and my alarm bells went off promptly when I couldn't find anything else on these great "discoveries" of his. The cynic was born.

No IDEA who Frank Edwards was.  It was simple for me.  Tooth Fairy=Easter Bunny=Santa Claus=equaled God.  Nothing there.

"How can you be in 2 places at once when you are not anywhere at all?

Edwards was a pre-von Daniken guy.