Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actor reveals transformation from atheism to christianity

Quote:“I cling to religion”
He then revealed that he’s coming back his Christian roots.

“Oh, man, I’ve gone through everything. Like, I cling to religion,” Brad added. “Then I found myself coming back around to just belief in-I hate to use the word spirituality, but just a belief in that we’re all connected.”

Brad Pitt

that was a depressing link to follow.
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • Phaedrus, Gwaithmir, Tres Leches

Isn't that special.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Phaedrus

I has a couple or three Christian roots as a much younger man.    Big Grin
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Fireball, grympy

Quote:“I grew up with Christianity. Always questioned it, but it worked at times. And then when I got on my own, I completely left it and I called myself agnostic. Tried a few spiritual things but didn’t feel right. Then I called myself an atheist for a while, just kind of being rebellious. I wasn’t really.

Right.  You were just an asshole.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Tres Leches

That's nice, Brad. Here, have a cookie.

(Like anyone gives a shit about your superstitions)
On hiatus.
The following 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Phaedrus, Fireball, skyking, Bucky Ball, TheGentlemanBastard, Tres Leches

Overall numbers are trending in favor of sanity.

In this area at least.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • SYZ, Thumpalumpacus

Read the Huff Post interview: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brad-pitt...l4svEx_50J

"We're all connected" is a far cry from "I'm christian". I think the christian author has a wish fantasy.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Mark

(10-07-2019, 11:02 AM)brewerb Wrote: Read the Huff Post interview: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brad-pitt...l4svEx_50J

"We're all connected" is a far cry from "I'm christian". I think the christian author has a wish fantasy.

My cousins are all connected.

[Image: fugitive_from_a_chain_gang.jpg]
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Mark, brewerb, Minimalist

On the OP's link, the picture of Brad and Kanye said it all.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Phaedrus

(10-07-2019, 12:19 PM)skyking Wrote: On the OP's link, the picture of Brad and Kanye said it all.

AAAAAhahahahahahahahahaha! (do a copy paste and read about the christian gina's responses)

instagram.com/p/B14Ycd6hfZG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Whatever float his goat I guess. It have no impact on my life.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Tres Leches

Brad Pitt's spirituality aside, I've gotta tip my hat to this guy.   I've been reading the She Said book by the two New York Times writers about Harvey Weinstein.  It seems that Brad Pitt was the only guy in Hollywood who went up to Weinstein and told him to keep his fucking hands off of Gwyneth Paltrow, his girlfriend at the time, when Harvey tried to feel her up and chase her around his hotel room.   Brad's the only person who made a face to face confrontation to that disgusting asshole.  

I always liked Matt Damon but I'm very disappointed that he didn't want any bad publicity to come out about Weinstein rape and sexual harrassment charges when one of his movies was being released.
                                                         T4618

I can get behind those sentiments. Somebody should have knocked the shit out of that weasel. Preferably some woman he was assaulting.
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Gwaithmir

(10-07-2019, 04:52 AM)SYZ Wrote: I has a couple or three Christian roots as a much younger man.    Big Grin

Me too. The devout ones were a pain. Of Course the sexual revolution didn't  reach Oz until about 1980 Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • SYZ

(10-07-2019, 09:23 PM)skyking Wrote: I can get behind those sentiments. Somebody should have knocked the shit out of that weasel. Preferably some woman he was assaulting.

This is totally off topic but Weinstein is a big, overweight guy and physically and verbally imposing even to other men.  Most of the women were in their early twenties and very petite and didn't have chance so they either fled the room as fast as possible - that is if he didn't position himself in front of the door and block their way- or they got stuck with him manhandling them.   Brad Pitt was so pissed when Gwyneth told him of her encounter that the next time he saw Weinstein at some movie premere event he went up to him and told him to keep his fucking hands off of Gwyneth. Weinstein pretty much avoided Brad Pitt after that and Gwyneth went on to do several more Maramax movies without Harvey trying to molest her.     
No one in Hollywood stood up to this guy so I gotta tip my hat to Brad Pitt.      Tip hat
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Kick a big overweight guy on the side of the knee and he gets real short real fast.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

I actually like Brad Pitt as an actor. Only liked her in "Wanted" ; she gets killed at the end.  

Also like Matt Damon, and little Tommy Cruise, as long as we're spared that  creepy smile. Tommy's best film, imo  "Collateral" , where he plays a hit man.Utterly appropriate, he has the perfect  personality. Tongue

(10-07-2019, 10:51 PM)skyking Wrote: Kick a big overweight guy on the side of the knee and he gets real short real fast.

I've always wondered how effective it would be for a lady to carry these in a pocket or purse.

[Image: NC-Nutcracker-Chrome-small_large_a1dc06b...1477364807]
The following 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

(10-07-2019, 10:51 PM)skyking Wrote: Kick a big overweight guy on the side of the knee and he gets real short real fast.

Unfortunately reality doesn't play out like that.  I sure wish it would.  He always went for the most vulnerable person,  someone much younger who had zero power.  Weinstein never tried anything with Meryl Streep who is his age.  Naw, he always went for the naive girl who he could easily intimidate.  Heck, he even intimindated his own brother who worked at Maramax. He punched him in the face in front of his co-workers. No one said anything and no one brought charges.   Weinstein and Trump are very similar in many aspects.     

OK, I've officially derailed this thread.  

Sorrrrrreeeee    hobo
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • TheGulegon, Tres Leches

(10-07-2019, 11:50 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:

I've always wondered how effective it would be for a lady to carry these in a pocket or purse.

[Image: NC-Nutcracker-Chrome-small_large_a1dc06b...1477364807]

I think these would be much more effective.

[Image: serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify....che=229070]

I know they are on walnuts. Evil_monster
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • TheGulegon

(10-08-2019, 12:23 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

Unfortunately reality doesn't play out like that.  I sure wish it would.  He always went for the most vulnerable person,  someone much younger who had zero power.  Weinstein never tried anything with Meryl Streep who is his age.  Naw, he always went for the naive girl who he could easily intimidate.  Heck, he even intimindated his own brother who worked at Maramax. He punched him in the face in front of his co-workers. No one said anything and no one brought charges.   Weinstein and Trump are very similar in many aspects.     

OK, I've officially derailed this thread.  

Sorrrrrreeeee    hobo

I'll hoist it back up on the rails. Shy

Brad Pit doesn't get enough points over saying something to an asshole, after the fact & concerning just his woman, to offset the points he lost by re-joining the LGBT haters! Shake
The following 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post:
  • skyking

(10-07-2019, 04:00 AM)skyking Wrote: that was a depressing link to follow.

Thanks for the warning, I was just about to click on it.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

Brad Pitt peaked in Thelma and Louise. Downhill after that.

I saw him on tv recently promoting his new space movie and he was at NASA's center in Houston talking to astronauts on the space station. How the heck he finagled talking to actual astronauts, I have no idea. But instead of fawning over the astronauts, who are the real celebrities in my opinion, he proceeded ask a few pompous questions about what the astronauts thought about him and his movies. Just a twit.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Phaedrus

(10-08-2019, 12:57 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Brad Pitt peaked in Thelma and Louise. Downhill after that.

I saw him on tv recently promoting his new space movie and he was at NASA's center in Houston talking to astronauts on the space station. How the heck he finagled talking to actual astronauts, I have no idea. But instead of fawning over the astronauts, who are the real celebrities in my opinion, he proceeded ask a few pompous questions about what the astronauts thought about him and his movies. Just a twit.

-Teresa

While all the other gay guys were going gaga over him, I just never saw the appeal.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Tres Leches