Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamestop to close more stores

200 more stores to close by year's end

Tower records, Blockbuster, Radio Shack... if you base your business on one step of technology, you go bust.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Phaedrus

(09-12-2019, 02:07 AM)Dom Wrote: Tower records, Blockbuster, Radio Shack... if you base your business on one step of technology, you go bust.

Also, more people are purchasing digital downloads instead of going into the store.

I'm 43, and who knows how long I have here on earth, but I wonder how things will be on my 70th birthday regarding brick-and-mortars. Imagine living in a former Tower Records converted into a 2-br.

Or don't.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Phaedrus

(09-12-2019, 02:07 AM)Dom Wrote: Tower records, Blockbuster, Radio Shack... if you base your business on one step of technology, you go bust.

True in everything.

[Image: Trump19-e1534972137372.jpg]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus

(09-12-2019, 04:47 AM)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: Trump19-e1534972137372.jpg]

Some men are destined to remain troglodytes. Dodgy
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus

Despite what their web site claims, GameStop [sic ] doesn't have any stores here in Australia.  We have a
fully Australian-owned subsidiary called "EB Games" which has its stores located mainly in shopping malls.
EB stands for "Electronics Boutique" which was the store's first vomitus name.  EB simply pays a brand licensing
fee to GameStop, owners of the original Electronics Boutique name in the US. I'd be guessing that if GameStop
eventually falls over, we'll see an Aussie rebranding of the EB stores name.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Phaedrus

(09-12-2019, 03:34 PM)SYZ Wrote: Despite what their web site claims, GameStop [sic ] doesn't have any stores here in Australia.  We have a
fully Australian-owned subsidiary called "EB Games" which has its stores located mainly in shopping malls.
EB stands for "Electronics Boutique" which was the store's first vomitus name.  EB simply pays a brand licensing
fee to GameStop, owners of the original Electronics Boutique name in the US.  I'd be guessing that if GameStop
eventually falls over, we'll see an Aussie rebranding of the EB stores name.

Elephant Booty Games? Shy
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]