Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keanu Reeves and Carrie Anne-Moss are making a fourth Matrix movie

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/20/20825...RGYblVS0-Q

Quote:Warner Bros. has just announced a fourth film in the Matrix series, with original stars Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss set to reprise their iconic roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively. Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct the sequel.

The news comes after rumors earlier this year from John Wick: Chapter 3 director Chad Stahelski that the Wachowski sisters were working on a new installment in the franchise. But rumors about a new Matrix film have been swirling practically since the third installment — The Matrix Revolutions — was released in 2003.

That said, it appears that only Lana Wachowski is returning for the upcoming film, with her sister Lilly (who co-directed and co-wrote the original three films) absent from the announcement. Instead, screenwriters Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell are set to help produce the script alongside Lana.

Say what you will about the trilogy, but I have a soft spot for it. Not going to say Reloaded or Revolutions were amazing or terrible, but I enjoyed them though. Also, super looking forward to this.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Why didn't the machines use cows for batteries?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Alan V, GenesisNemesis, Inkubus, Mathilda

(08-21-2019, 10:33 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Why didn't the machines use cows for batteries?

Um....maybe they did, but we didn't see it because it wasn't in the script?  Huh

It's going to be interesting to see how Neo and Trinity get resurrected, since they were both killed at the end of the third film.  Consider

Lawrence Fishburne might not be in this new film. I recall him stating, in a news interview, that he could not face the rigors of a 4th Matrix project.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(08-21-2019, 03:59 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Um....maybe they did, but we didn't see it because it wasn't in the script?  Huh

Cows produce more power per unit. They don't revolt. 30
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

[Image: 5086419.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Aractus's post:
  • Alan V, Gawdzilla Sama

(08-21-2019, 05:54 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 03:59 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Um....maybe they did, but we didn't see it because it wasn't in the script?  Huh

Well, if humans had brought a permanent cloud cover over the earth, the vegetation would have all died out, along with the cows.  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(08-22-2019, 10:43 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 05:54 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Well, if humans had brought a permanent cloud cover over the earth, the vegetation would have all died out, along with the cows.  Consider

They were feeding the humans.