Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite crime television show?

(07-27-2019, 11:48 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Until recently, my favorite was always Criminal Minds. I've never been able to get into all those NCISes and Law & Orders.

Lately, my favorite is Midsomer Murders, which I started from season one. Currently, I'm almost done with season two.

What about you?

My wife loves the CSI ones and I don't dislike them so we watch them together quite often and try to figure out whodunnit.  I have seen a couple CM's in the past and don't care for it...too intense and troubling for me.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Phaedrus

Holden in Mindhunters is so bootylicious.

Five episodes down in season two of Mindhunters.

Time for bed.

@grympy
@EvieTheAvocado
@Smercury44

If you've been watching season two of Mindhunters:
Show ContentSpoiler:

(08-18-2019, 01:58 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: @grympy
@EvieTheAvocado
@Smercury44

Show ContentSpoiler:

Yes, I’ve been watching Big Grin but before I open your spoiler, I’ve only just finished episode 2. Can I open?
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 2 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Phaedrus, EvieTheAvocado

(08-19-2019, 01:19 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:
@EvieTheAvocado
@Smercury44

Show ContentSpoiler:

Yes, I’ve been watching Big Grin but before I open your spoiler, I’ve only just finished episode 2. Can I open?

Wait till after episode four, I think that's the episode.

(08-19-2019, 01:22 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 01:19 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:
@EvieTheAvocado
@Smercury44

Show ContentSpoiler:

Wait till after episode four, I think that's the episode.

Thumbs Up I’ll be back once I get there lol
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 2 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Phaedrus, EvieTheAvocado

Just to be safe ... might be best to only open after the final episode, episode 9 .... just to be safe.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Phaedrus

I like Edmund Kemper because his relationship with his mother is almost as bad as mine.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

• Phaedrus

(08-19-2019, 07:08 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Just to be safe ... might be best to only open after the final episode, episode 9 .... just to be safe.

You finished the season already?
I'm starting episode six this morning.

Seven episodes of Mindhunter done.

I'll finish the season when I'm off work tomorrow.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Smercury44

No Dexter fans?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus

(08-19-2019, 01:45 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: No Dexter fans?

I liked the show. Of course, Michael C. Hall's a hottie. Winking
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Smercury44

(08-19-2019, 11:43 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 07:08 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Just to be safe ... might be best to only open after the final episode, episode 9 .... just to be safe.

You finished the season already?
I'm starting episode six this morning.

No... I just finished episode 2.

I was telling Smerc it might be best to not open your spoiler tag until she's finished episode 9 ... just to be safe.

The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Phaedrus, Smercury44

Continuing with Mindhunter.
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Smercury44, EvieTheAvocado

Finished the last episode of Mindhunter.

Not sure how to feel about it. I suppose it's still a possibility that my previous theory could be correct since the case was never officially solved.

(08-21-2019, 02:45 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Finished the last episode of Mindhunter.

Not sure how to feel about it. I suppose it's still a possibility that my previous theory could be correct since the case was never officially solved.

Me too, last night. 

How true are the stories I wonder?  How true are the characters ?  Having  Holden Ford* an obsessive anxiety neurotic  for example. 

That last suspect, who was convicted of murdering 2 ADULTS?    I'd like to know if the murders of black children ceased in Atlanta after he was arrested.

Also  think that just  possibly the Mayor and chief of police may have been portrayed  a little two dimensionally.   

It thought the guy who played the 6' 9" coed killer was riveting . 

Overall,I enjoyed it as a drama, but have taken any claims of fact with a  pinch of salt.  Will look forward to S3

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0))))))))))))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

*There was a car company in Australia, called General Motors Holden which produced iconic Australian cars for over 50 years .Hence the name "Holden Ford"is hilarious  to Aussies. The ad below will give you an idea . 

The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Smercury44

(08-21-2019, 03:49 AM)grympy Wrote: That last suspect, who was convicted of murdering 2 ADULTS?    I'd like to know if the murders of black children ceased in Atlanta after he was arrested.

Overall,I enjoyed it as a drama, but have taken any claims of fact with a  pinch of salt.  Will look forward to S3

You are aware that the killers and cases in the show are based on real life people and events?
Wayne Williams
Atlanta child murders unsolved case reopened
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(08-21-2019, 04:03 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 03:49 AM)grympy Wrote: That last suspect, who was convicted of murdering 2 ADULTS?    I'd like to know if the murders of black children ceased in Atlanta after he was arrested.

You are aware that the killers and cases in the show are based on real life people and events?
Wayne Williams

Indeed ----and are you aware how little  the phrase 'based on real events' can mean with films and TV?

(08-21-2019, 03:49 AM)grympy Wrote: How true are the stories I wonder?  How true are the characters ? 

The crimes and the criminals are real but the good guys are fictional ... but they kind of represent what was really many people in the FBI. It's simpler to follow the story if you instead have a few main FBI characters to follow ... and it flows better.

One of the writers is actually ex FBI.

• Smercury44

(08-21-2019, 03:49 AM)grympy Wrote: I thought the guy who played the 6' 9" coed killer was riveting . 

Definitely hands down my favorite actor in the show ...

The actor playing Wayne was also very good.

• Smercury44

(08-25-2019, 04:01 AM)grympy Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 04:03 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:

Wayne Williams

Indeed ----and are you aware how little  the phrase 'based on real events' can mean with films and TV?

And are you aware that you can just compare what really happened to what happened in the show?

You've even got some direct quotes in there.