Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for advice for a trip through the south

Looking for advice for a trip through the south
(08-14-2019, 10:08 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: BTW, you're going to pass very near to a catfish restaurant built on a barge on the Ohio River. They keep the fish in cages under the barge. You can choose farm-raised or wild catfish. It's a bragging rights thing.

I know what you mean.  When Lia was a juror on an international biennial show in Japan, we (my stepson included) were taken to a very fancy sushi/sashimi place which was filled with aquariums.  When you made your choices, the appropriate fish were netted, chopped and delivered to your table very quickly.  Can't say I saw any twitching but it wouldn't have surprised me.

You probably know that chivalry sort of works in reverse there.  A woman attempting to exit an elevated ahead of a man would very forcefully be reminded of her mistake.  It was actually a bit of a challenge for her and the other women on that jury to be at the restaurant since it was a male bastion.  I used to joke with her about remembering to walk 9 paces behind me.  Of course now with her being ten years older than myself, a good walk would be one in which she didn't fall further than 9 paces behind.

I don't think I've ever had catfish.  Is there a style of cooking you'd recommend?  But I'm sure the wild catfish has got to be better judging by the difference farm raised makes for tilapia and salmon.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for advice for a trip through the south - by Mark - 08-14-2019, 11:07 PM